Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6793|Auteuil, Laval

Flecco wrote:

Spark wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Sure concrete lasts forever. It's also ugly, and hard as hell to alter and... it's. fucking. ugly. You can't say Soviet Russia made for pretty cities.

@ Spark.
Polished concrete can look really nice. I think Sov Russia was ugly because they didn't care...
Rendered walls look great too. Tis besides the point.

Also, polished concrete is very, very easy to fuck up. As are those trippy coloured concrete finishes.
Best is to do like where I've worked before.  We used to pour concrete into a big oiled platform that had the design needed for the outside.  Then a meshed steel structure was sanked into the fresh concrete.  However working that way you need an internal structure to attach it to the building even though they rest one on the other.  It's not an all concrete building but the exterior is nicer and its still sturdy as hell.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6584|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

is it all a lie designed to stimulate the construction economy, wreck the insurance industry and make chinese imports less appealing?
We ran completely out when these major imports happened. There was absolutely no problem with drywall sales after Katrina.

This is a problem in homes built in 2005-08. There is no mistaking the smell in a house with Chinese drywall. sulfur like.. the pipes are corroding.
My parents just bought a place in Ft Myers and they had to learn quickly about that issue. Good thing was that it cut down the number of houses they had to look at by quite a bit. The place they ended up buying was built in the 90s. But the smell they described in a couple of the houses they went into was pretty bad...and obvious.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard