you really know how to kick a guy when he's down burnzz

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

i'm sorry . . .
Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles

Lai wrote:

THIS people, is why you avoid IM and other 21th century crap for basic ancient human communicative needs.

Tetn1s wrote:

Shes in my class, I did ask her out in person, and communication started breaking after we started health class, which was pretty much right after I asked her out.

I think im gonna go up to her after class and ask her "Hey, have you been getting my IMs recently? (Yes/No) Why don't you send me an IM then, it'd be nice if we can chat once in a while"
Bad idea:

1. If she hasn't got your IM's, she'll wonder WTF you're on about.

2. If she has got your IM's, it means she felt/feels uncomfortable about them (for God knows what kind of reason) and asking about them will only make her feel more uncomfortable (you'll want to avoid this).

So you shall either assume she has got them and ask her straightforward, though in a casual rather than a accusative manner, why she didn't reply (you can torture the little brother before hand to make sure if you need confirmation); or you shall completely ignore or pretend to ignore the fact that you have made earlier attempts at asking her out and simply ask again as if it were a complete novelty. This will allow her to accept your proposal on a no question asks basis, which at this stage might make her feel more comfortable (this is a good thing).
I forgot to mention that I did hang out with her and talked to her a lot (in person) before asking her out.  Im also trying to avoid looking desperate, too. I wasn't trying to imply that I would ask her out over IM, I would never do such a thing, I just wanted to have a conversation with her so we can end this silence that has been going on.

A little timeline:

I hang-out with her (in person) -> Asked her out (with a yes) (never happened)-> She asked me to the dance (but, that never happened) -> I hanged-out with her more -> I asked her out a 2nd time (with a yes) (never happened) -> Silence

Trust my word I haven't bugged her a lot. I really can't ask her out a third time, THAT would be desperate.

So: Im gonna just ignore the IM thing, pretend it never happened, im gonna try to re-establish communication between us in-person, and hopefully I can finally break this silence.

My goal was to try and take it slowly,talking to her on IM then that would lead up to interacting with her in-person. But, I should just skip the bullcrap and cut to the chase, right?

Last edited by Tetn1s (2010-04-13 18:49:13)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
Post is confusing.

You say you've been out on 2 dates with her already?
Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles

Bevo wrote:

Post is confusing.

forgot to mention that, no, those dates never happened.

Last edited by Tetn1s (2010-04-13 18:50:14)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Tetn1s wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Post is confusing.

Expand on that?

Where/how you asked her, where you planned to go, why it fell through.
Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles

Bevo wrote:

Tetn1s wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Post is confusing.

Expand on that?

Where/how you asked her, where you planned to go, why it fell through.
I asked her out after class after talking to her during my free time. 
I said "Hey, why don't we go to the movies sometime?"
"Yes, except im busy this weekend"
"Well, why don't you find a time you can go? (I gave her my phone number in a pretty creative way, don't feel like telling another story about it)"
"Okay"

She calls me that same day, and asked me out to the winter formal.
She never got back to me with the date I asked her out to, and I got a text from her saying that she was busy the night of the dance and that she couldn't go.

A week goes by, and I didn't really talk to her during finals.

Then I started talking to her again, and when I thought she was comfortable enough I asked her out AGAIN, she said yes, again, and she said that she was busy that weekend too.
She never got back to me, and I haven't really talked to her since. Its been about a month now.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
Well that's odd. I mean it would be easy if she didn't say yes the second time.

Could you go a little bit more in depth about the second time you asked her out?

From what it sounds like she's a bit conflicted, or just following the advice of one of her close friends
prototype
+52|6311
if i was a female the first thing i would do when i turned 18 would be to have a hysterectomy

it seems logical to plug a leak, i mean if any orifice on my body bled for days on end every month I would do whatever i had to do to make sure it never happened again.

Last edited by prototype (2010-04-13 19:16:10)

Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles

Bevo wrote:

Could you go a little bit more in depth about the second time you asked her out?

From what it sounds like she's a bit conflicted, or just following the advice of one of her close friends
I just asked her if she was still up for going to the movies sometime

Maybe its cuz she is only 14? Im 15, btw.

So, I want to break up the silence between us, the best option is just to try to talk to her in person again, correct? No AIM bullshit.... or should I wait until next year? Maybe she will mature more during the summer.

Last edited by Tetn1s (2010-04-13 20:23:08)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Sometimes showing some interest in someone else is a good way to get interest from someone you once pursued.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Tetn1s wrote:

Bevo wrote:

I just asked her if she was still up for going to the movies sometime

Maybe its cuz she is only 14? Im 15, btw.

So, I want to break up the silence between us, the best option is just to try to talk to her in person again, correct? No AIM bullshit.... or should I wait until next year? Maybe she will mature more during the summer.
That's a bit different...

maybe she doesn't want to say no in person because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings but ends up letting you off in the end

though that doesn't really explain why she'd ask you to a dance. Ask her how she feels, straight up.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Not necessarily "problems", but...

What's the consensus/thoughts on stoner chicks? I kind of like them, but not because they smoke weed; it's just that style and attitude they have. Hell, there could be chicks I would look at and classify as a "stoner chick" but she has never touched any drug in her life. I just like the laidback attitude, good sense of humor, don't need a whole lot of makeup, don't dress and act all super girly and go shopping spending my money all the time. I dunno, just seems too good to be true.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

mtb0minime wrote:

What's the consensus/thoughts on stoner chicks? I kind of like them, but not because they smoke weed; it's just that style and attitude they have. Hell, there could be chicks I would look at and classify as a "stoner chick" but she has never touched any drug in her life. I just like the laidback attitude, good sense of humor, don't need a whole lot of makeup, don't dress and act all super girly and go shopping spending my money all the time. I dunno, just seems too good to be true.
dirty bitches. and that is a good thing.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

FatherTed wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

dirty bitches. and that is a good thing.
They like it in their brownie.

Wait, the weed or the penis?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
so you like laid back chicks is what you're trying to say?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Yes, but also with that 'style' they have as well. Tight jeans, flannel shirts or silly t-shirts. They also have good taste in music most of the time (none of this Justin Bieber bullshit) and don't read Twilight.

It's just that they also turn out to be stoners, which could be a problem if it's excessive.

I just want to know if anyone's had experiences with them, good or bad. I can't help but be suspicious or wary when they seem so perfect for me.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
well the last "stoner" chick i had anything to do with went from

i like weed to help me relax

to

i NEED weed to relax

to

I NEED IT

i fled at stage 2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard