Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
I know there's an F1/NASCAR thread so we can leave that for that, but this is mainly for other motorsports. Kinda like how I made that Association Football thread as a general thread outside of the specific threads.

So like, MotoGP/WRC and all that

Anyway

Anyone watch the MotoGP Qatar race recently? I'll admit, I'm new to MotoGP and it was actually the first race I had ever properly watched. It was quite good. Casey Stoner having to retire after being in the lead, what happened to him? The cameras didn't catch it

The whole race was interesting. Especially between that orange Honda and the bikes around him. That Honda had some ridiculous straight line speed. Seriously, In my history of watching motorsports I've never seen someone have such a straight line speed advantage over everyone else than that Honda had in Qatar, like the commentators said, the bike must have had a V8 in it. Although everyone caught up to him in the twisty bits, so it made for an awesome race.

The ending was even better because for third place it was basically a neck and neck drag race down the straight between the Honda and the Ducati (Honda starting way back, but caught up fast and overtook right at the end, crazy stuff)

I didn't know MotoGP was that interesting. And fuck, some of those chicks holding the umbrellas were too hot.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

We've converted you Mekstizzlez. I love MotoGP so much more than F1, it's just a lot more intense.

Lorenzo (guy who finished second on the Yamaha) had a fantastic race, and yeah Dovizioso was blisteringly fast in a straight line, in previous years the Ducati's have been like that, Honda have done a lot of work to the engine for this season. Stoner lost the front end on lap 6, I think he was trying too hard to build a lead.

Try and find highlights of Laguna Seca 2008, Stoner and Rossi were battling for 1st for pretty much the whole race, Stoner came off near the end, however still finished 2nd by 10+ seconds, one of the best races I've seen. At one point Rossi overtakes on the corkscrew and can't stay on the track, crazy stuff.

Edit: I made a thread on it

Last edited by The Sheriff (2010-04-13 09:25:10)

KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

The Sheriff wrote:

I love MotoGP so much more than F1, it's just a lot more intense.
So true.  I absolutely adore MotoGP.  Great opening to the season, and rest assured all the races in the calendar will be just as exciting.  Races are always full of overtaking - you can't beat it when three riders go into a corner neck and neck!  Notice as well that you will often see many different lines being used as opposed to the F1 style one line 99% of the time. 

There are a few things I'm really looking forward to seeing this season.  The first being how well the Ducati riders will fare this time around as previously only Stoner seemed capable of mastering the Red Monster.  Now they have adopted the Big Bang style engine as opposed to the previous "screamer", it should make the bike a little easier to ride - and that seemed to be reflected in the great performance from Hayden.  Also looking forward to seeing more from the GP2 class.  I was highly dubious about the 250's being abandoned in favour of a single engine 600cc formula, but that race turned out to be a belter too ( and I like to watch Toni Elias, if it wasn't for Vale, he would totally be my fave rider ). In fact the whole GP2 class is packed with great riders - and how can a race not be entertaining with a 41 bike grid?  I think this season is a bit of a make or break affair for Dani Pedrosa.  He is no doubt a quality operator, but constantly underachieves.  Maybe the beastly power that the Honda seems to be blessed with can help his performances, but he dropped back so quickly after taking the lead in Qatar and was left for dead by his less experienced team mate Dovizioso later in the race.  Ben Spies will be worth keeping an eye on too.  Current World Superbike champion, and is being touted as the genuine article.  We've had a few WSB champs (Hodgson and Toseland namely) come into MotoGP with big ideas, but they never seem capable of producing the goods on the prototype machines.  Spies could be the one to break that cycle, and while not necessarily being a front running team Tech 3 Yamaha are certainly a fine outfit and it will be interesting to see how he fares compared to Colin Edwards (who is also a previous WSB champ, but one who adapted to GP riding very well).  Lastly, the battle between Rossi - Lorenzo - Stoner.  Who knows how this will unfold.  It's gonna be fantastic watching it though.  I guess it largely depends on how quickly Lorenzo can heal his terribly injured hand, and if Stoners mystery illnes from last season will resurface.  Apparently it was lactose intolerance....  Oh, and a quick mention for Bradley Smith on the Aspar Aprilia in the 125 class - cracking little British rider and maybe a dark horse for the 125 title?  Hoping for big things from him!

I'm drunk and rambling now, and if I don't shut up I'm never going to because I just love MotoGP so much.  In short, if you you're new to the sport and liked what you saw - keep on watching because that won't be the best you see this season.

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-04-13 16:00:01)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I can't be arsed posting in the F1 thread.

Did anyone see Buemi's crash in practice today? Fuck, I've never seen a car break up like that. That's some scary shit if you're driving that. Especially cos it was at the end of the longest fastest straight so he's going full pelt.

Look at this, the suspension just shatters and the wheels go flying off, that shit is crazy

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Round 2 of MotoGP (Motegi) has been postponed until October

Was looking forward to watching that next weekend
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Bah, sodding volcanos interfering with my GP enjoyment   Still, Motegi rescheduled to Oct 3, my birthday! Beers and GP action!
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
There was a crazy crash during a Formula 2 race recently

check out the video from the website, it even has an onboard view from another car as it flies over him, crazy

actually got a youtube of it

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/dramatic … crash.aspx

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-03 06:38:57)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|NÃ¥rvei

Insane tbh
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Man, this is crazy. From the GT1 race recently... a Lamborghini just exploding after it hits the wall, apparently the driver's in critical condition.

Actually it was a Lambo series not GT1*

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-23 01:50:20)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
I know this is turning into a crash compilation thread, but holy fuck at the crash at the Indy 500 today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard