l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6716|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Who thinks you should get 4 points for killing a tank and chopper
if your in a tank and kill another tank you should get 3 points.
By tank i mean apc aswell
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6695|The Netherlands
Good point. The tanks whould be more atractive to shoot +1 for you m8.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6779|DUTCH snap ik!
tank vs tank apc vs apc chopper vs chopper =  ok with me but not for destroying infantry!
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6719|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
that would be cool but i dont think tank to tank or tank to apc or an other armor to armor should be any more than person to peron but from person to armor, definately would be sweet to get that extra point or two for destroying tanks/apc/helo
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6690
at least 2 points would be fair.
Do you think that you should get an extra point for destroting a jeep?

Sgt_Stutta wrote:

that would be cool but i dont think tank to tank or tank to apc or an other armor to armor should be any more than person to peron but from person to armor, definately would be sweet to get that extra point or two for destroying tanks/apc/helo
Good idea just for vehicles
Goose_MP[TBG]
+1|6737
I disagree.... Killing a tank with a jet or helicopter isnt a difficult task, and all it would do would be to increase the scores of plane and chopper whores.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6722|Adelaide, Australia
Great idea, but picture this...

Unable to get a good shot at the tank's tracks, you put three AT rockets into the side of the beast. An assault troop fires their grenade launcher at the flaming tank, scoring the kill(s) plus the bonus points for "destroying" the armour.

The point being that, unless very carefully coded, the AT troop is still going to get screwed when someone steals your kill or the tank's occupants bail after you've done your work.

Other than that, I'd love to see AT troops rewarded for doing their job, just as spec ops are rewarded for doing theirs. It might even stop us having to rocket-snipe infantry to earn our points...
[tlv]TDL
+7|6702
Tank vs infantery should be 1point for the tank, 3 for the inf.

Goose_MP[TBG] wrote:

I disagree.... Killing a tank with a jet or helicopter isnt a difficult task, and all it would do would be to increase the scores of plane and chopper whores.
didnt you see my new post. I changed so that only get extra when you are infantary. So vehicle vs vehicle is normal. why the -1 karma. i was on a role there
$kelet0r
+16|6726
AT should get a point for each hit they land on an APC, Tank or Chopper only - that makes up for their poor anti-infantry abilities and the extreme difficulty of taking out an alert tanker/pilot. The fears of statpadding are misplaced - AT is probably the most dangerous infantry position - they have to take on a tank ffs!
-=[MgC]=-Venom
+5|6830|Boussu
tanks would be full of c4 before departure
Da_MaDd_HaTtA
+2|6703|Brisbane
i was talking bout this to a few of my mates and we came up with: 4 points for an armoured vehicle (tank or apc) if you are inf. and an additional 2 points (+2) for every other person in the vehicle eg. a tank with  a driver and gunner is taken out by a SRAW. the AT guy gets 6 points. this makes the AT class useful as you cannot score well with it unless you are in a vehicle.
PRiMACORD
+190|6668|Home of the Escalade Herds
Infantry killing Tank = 3 points for the armor + 1 for each occupant
Inantry killing APC = 2points for the armor + 1 for each occupant
Infantry killing Heli = 3 points for the heli + 1 for each occupant
Infantry killing AA Tank = 2 points + 1 for each occupant

Tank killing infantry = 1 point (no change)
Tank killing APC = 1 point (no change)
Tank killing Tank = 1 point (no change)
Tank killing heli = 2 points

APC killing infantry = 1 point (no change)
APC killing Tank = 2 points + 1 for each occupant
APC killing heli = 2 points + 1 for each occupant

Heli killing infantry = 1 point (no change)
Heli killing Tank = 1 point (no change)
Heli killing APC = 1 point (no change)
Heli killing AA Tank = 2points

Some of the common vehicle relationships where points should be changed imo

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-04-27 06:56:10)

Haxorsist
Snoring drooler
+3|6781|Snoreway
I'm not crazy about the idea, but if you should get a bonus for killing a tank it shouldn't be more than 1 point imo. It's not that hard to get a high score as AT.
Lagu
+0|6685
How about making it very simple.  Just get +1 destroying an enemy occupied vehicle on top of what you get for killing the occupant(s)
{CN}420
+30|6721

[tlv]TDL wrote:

Why? Do you know how fast 3 anti tanks can take out a tank? You can easily change kits and your squad could own a tank in seconds.
alpinestar
+304|6639|New York City baby.
you realize you do get 4 points when you kill 2 person tank ? why would someone make a tank +2 with only one person. I smell stat padding capability
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6623

{CN}420 wrote:

[tlv]TDL wrote:

Why? Do you know how fast 3 anti tanks can take out a tank? You can easily change kits and your squad could own a tank in seconds.
AT is my most played kit, and I could count on one hand the number of times that's happend in 9,000 plus kills with it.  So just stop with that nonsense, AT's on foot or spec ops or engineers should get a +1 bonus for taking out a piece of armor.  But that would mean I got screwed out of 20K points in the past year, so I don't care one way or the other..
MrHibs
+15|6685|Scotland
I'm all for this.

You get deducted points for Team Vehicle Damage so surely it makes sense you should get points for Enemy Vehicle Damage/Destruction?!?
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6695|Norway
I think you should get more points for capping a flag alone. Reason being - as pointed out in another thread - that people often tend to think more of points than winning. When it takes me 10 seconds to cap a flag by myself I should get more points if I'm able to do it.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6695
I agree...AT kits and grunts deserve more points for killing the ground/air assets!!
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6805

li_a_m wrote:

Who thinks you should get 4 points for killing a tank and chopper
if your in a tank and kill another tank you should get 3 points.
By tank i mean apc aswell
Agree
and for tank damage too.
frequently you shoot a tank and make some damage, another shoot the tank and get the kill and you does not receive any point for the damage.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6670|UK
Nice idea
+1
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6888|Germany / Saxony
I would like to have 4-8 points for bashing infantrie out of a tank...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard