ITT: Greece finally getting television
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
It's not that old is it?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359

http://www.dailytech.com/Toshiba+Wows+With+Space+Chair+Commercial/article16837.htm wrote:

The commercial is called "Space Chair" and follows the journey of a single armchair that is tied to a balloon and lofted to the edge of space at 98,268 feet. The trek to the lofty altitude took 83 minutes and the fall back to Earth took the chair 24 minutes. The tag line is very ingenious -- Armchair viewing redefined.

Engadget reports that the commercial was filmed with a Toshiba IK-HR1S ultra compact 1080i camcorder and the balloon was launched from the Black Rock desert in Nevada. The temperature at 52,037 was -90 degrees. The chair setup had to meet FAA regulations meaning that the entire camera, chair and balloon rig had to weigh less than four pounds. The chair was constructed of biodegradable balsa wood to be light enough to meet regulations and make the journey to the edge of space.

The balloon and chair rig were also fitted with four different GPS systems to accurately record its height at any second to within four meters in altitude and within 30 cm in longitude and latitude position. Positional information was sent to the ground team every 15 seconds so that the team could locate the camera rig at the end of its journey.

Matt McDowell, Marketing Director at Toshiba UK comments: “Our aim was to create a new advertising campaign that would bring to life Toshiba’s brand philosophy of leading innovation. We chose to send a chair on the journey as it is central to the user’s experience of Toshiba’s products; whether they are watching TV or using a laptop.”

A second "execution" of the commercial will be shown for the Satellite T Series of laptops. Exactly what that means is unclear. Presumably, there is footage of the balloon and camera coming back to earth as the chair falls and breaks apart. Perhaps the second part of the commercial will be the chair coming back to Earth.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6189|Phoenix, AZ

Youtube Commenter wrote:

So they can put a chair into the stratosphere, but they can't make a reliable laptop. Nice one Toshiba.
lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Where the hell did the mount the cameras?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

been funny if someone had shot it out of the sky

the very end reminds of the Transformer movie teaser trailer
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

GodFather wrote:

Youtube Commenter wrote:

So they can put a chair into the stratosphere, but they can't make a reliable laptop. Nice one Toshiba.
lol
aahahaha
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

ghettoperson wrote:

Where the hell did the mount the cameras?
pause at :10
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

tazz. wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Youtube Commenter wrote:

lol
aahahaha
This is sadly, very true. My Grandfather has a Toshiba.

Bad mistake!
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

The fuck you talkin about? Toshiba makes awesome laptops.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

ebug9 wrote:

My Grandpa has one, bought it maybe 3-4 years ago, I'm sure they've improved but I still prefer Vaio.

This is coming from somebody who's never owned a laptop though.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6408|King Of The Islands

-Sh1fty- wrote:

This is coming from somebody who's never owned a laptop though.
k

ebug9 wrote:

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Must say, Toshiba does make some good stuff. My dad's had a Toshiba laptop for a good 3 or 4 years, still as solid as ever, monitor hinge is still really resilient, which is usually the first thing to go.

On the contrary, my ex has a Dell Inspiron 1525, got it last Christmas, and in that time the hinge is dodgy as fuck, LMB doesn't work properly, casing is coming apart, amongst other things.

Now I appreciate some of that is due to handling, the difference between a teenage girl and a mature adult owning them, but I feel the Toshiba could withstand more punishment than a Dell.

Also, the Dell is kinda gimmicky, and was way less value than the Toshiba.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
What do you think of Acer? All the ones here look really glossy and fragile as expensive china tea cups.
Cheez

Acer are one of the worst.

Stick with Toshiba, Asus, Lenovo.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I've always had a thing for Sony Vaios, they usually seem quite sturdy. Never seen an ASUS before, I'd think coming from them their PCs should be good.
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I've always had a thing for Sony Vaios, they usually seem quite sturdy. Never seen an ASUS before, I'd think coming from them their PCs should be good.
I have an ASUS laptop, it's quite good. I did a lot of research and couldn't find a better laptop in my price range.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I've always had a thing for Sony Vaios,
Sure, if you want to pay twice as much.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I've always had a thing for Sony Vaios,
Sure, if you want to pay twice as much.
Surprisingly I've found some quite cheap ones compared to the other laptops at the store.

If I'd get a laptop it would be Fujitsu a Vaio and maybe an ASUS now.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
I got an Asus, and it´s shit. Two years old and gives me more trouble than the 5 year old Toshiba my ex still uses and that just started to have errors half a year ago
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Cheez

Errors? You mean Windows is fucking up?

Yeah, blame Asus.
Sisco
+493|6313

Cheez wrote:

Errors? You mean Windows is fucking up?

Yeah, blame Asus.
No, hardware wise foo. GPU burned after a year, multimedia buttons don´t work,  half the drivers asus provided were feck, ...
Benzin
+576|5968
I've got an ASUS EEE PC 900, no problems. Had one issue where the computer wouldn't boot into Windows, I think the main SSD went bad or something. Sent it in and had it back in under 3 weeks, good as new. A friend of mine bought a budget ASUS laptop with Windows Vista and it runs great and another friend has a multimedia ASUS laptop that is an absolute beaut.
Sisco
+493|6313
The customer service was great when the GPU needed to be changed. They picked it up, fixed it and brought it back in something like 3 weeks.

When trying to get help regarding the drivers though and getting the Multimedia keys to work, I could have talked to the tree outside my window, would have been the same outcome

Might be my bad luck, the one in the million, dunno.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard