vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6634|UCF
They should fix the AA first. But it seems that everyone is thinking that FAVs are the only vehicles that can be droped, what about the M1A2, or T-80s?

THE REASON FOR THE NEW VEHICLE DROP.  for example in oman, If you're USMC and your team sucks and you lost all shore bases, you can BH to the mainland and hop in the just dropped M1A2 to fend off an armoured assault while the others cap the flag and try to avoid the ARTILLERY drop. The key is balance, and this adds to it.  And if they keep dropping vehicles on the carrier, JUST FRAKING PARK IT ON THE NORTHERN SIDE!
MrPredictable
+14|6704
Im guessing that they wont have any of the more potent vehicle drops, but just a hummer or a DPV would be great for a lost squad, or a hopless defender. Its just more AT fodder

Patch 1.21 was the support patch, now comes the AT patch.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
When the patch is out, I'm gonna
1) go commander
2) get in MY jet via the N00b Ejector
3) bail at the carrier
4) drop a humvee and baserape the n00bs to death!
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6780

You know, there's gonna be a reload time on the vehicle drop thing. Think artillery reload time...

But yes, I can't wait till carrier rape with a Humvee... especially with the removal of the squad spawn tactic which is how i carrier rape now.
lobo76
+2|6727
wun it be cool, if i could para down from say, a transport heli and enter the vehicle before it reaches the ground..
FirePhoenix
+18|6657|hamilton, scotland
hopefully vehicles will be able to be shot down before they land.
Username II
+3|6651

k30dxedle wrote:

Haha I laughed at this.

Only problem is supply crates, you can't enter one of those.
Then it's time for a stunt. Go skydiving. Have the commander (you?) drop a vehicle. Enter the vehicle in the air. Use your floating .50 above that air field.

I expect the car would plummet if you entered it in mid air, though.

Oops Lobo got there before me. Ah well. Great minds think alike.

Last edited by Username II (2006-04-27 02:11:02)

Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6677
I guess theres the possibility that EA will make it so you can't drop them on certain places, such as rooftops and airfields, it could be like the out of bounds thing, red lines over buildings/airfields/carriers and it wont allow you to drop them there.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6804|Bulgaria
haha, drop a Vodnik in front of the enemy jet, that's a great idea!
OmS-NAS
+1|6778|Oslo, Norway
I am thinking this: if you drop a car onto a roof that is a bit to high for you to get acess to, you can get there by entering the car. this means that you have to rewrite all of the places where people can/cannot be...

Last edited by OmS-NAS (2006-04-27 03:42:52)

Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6665|I smell corners
The vehicule drop is only in the uptade of BF2 vanilla because of Armored Fury.

It's gone be a vehicule EXTENSION PACK, so they created the vehicule drop and that's the reason why it will also appear in BF2 vanilla.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6858|UK
Its going to be excellent..

There will be Hummers in trees, hummers on cranes, hummers on buildings hummers hummers hummers..

I think we shall all look forward to a bit of change
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6763|Houston, TX
The thought of a sniper on the Sharqi central contruction site crane picking off my teammates when suddenly...

SPLAT!!  a hummvee squishes him dead, teeters for a second and then tips off the edge of the crane with a dead soldier still stuck under the front left wheel well.  Falls to the ground and explodes, sending the body on another ride into the air....

Can't wait..

KJ
rcmad01
+0|6654
perhaps this is more relavent to the iron fury expansion that's due out, it'd make more sense in those (hopefully) huge maps for the infantry units to be mobile (humvee with tow anyone)

It may be something they can't impliment with the expansion alone so they've had to include it in the latest patch
Firestarter
+12|6632
Ummm yeah to everyone whining about how poorly thought out the idea is, THEY ONLY RELEASED SOME INFO they could make it so you can only drop them if they were requested like....400ft away from an enemy CP now THERE is a good idea.....
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6761|Malaga, España
ow and de commander can decide if he uses the parachute or not i would love to see it when i,m beeing attacked by an Knife whore and suddently HALLLELUJAH!!! *SPLAT*
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6651|USA
u can do that with supply crates....
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6756|The Hague, Netherlands

Naughty_Om wrote:

u can do that with supply crates....
Do that all the time, but it would be more fun with tanks, bodymarks all over the place

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-04-27 13:20:48)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6651|USA
ya.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR
muwhahahaa i cant wait

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard