Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
The lack of teamwork by the vast majority of snipers on my side is the issue.  They can see and fire farther than anyone else in the squad, so why the hell aren't they spotting?  They can take cover and provide fire support for the rest of the squad capping the flag, but do they?  That's the issue, not being killed by an enemy sniper.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i use the m16/m60 to take care of snipers at any range with not many problems, glad they made over powered/ over accurate full auto weapons in a game finally to counter sniper faggots.
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger already did that
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

jsnipy wrote:

Lucien wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

then go play unreal tournament and stop playing games with classes and vehicles
Did I piss off the sniper?
No piss taken. I play whatever class. I think I posted the same thing 3 years ago when people complained of armor. I think snipers are hated IRL as well ... jarheads confirm?
Snipers and mortar teams are probably the most reviled species of humans on the planet. It's only natural that the hatred would transfer over to video games The fact that they placed both cowardly devices in one class just makes Recon people a perfect target for derision.

Edit - Could be why I play Recon with a shotgun and C4 Motion sensors give me a hardon.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-04-08 17:30:32)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

The line between sniper and regular infantry seems so blurred to me in modern games, when all the assault rifles are accurate as fuck at long ranges, and all these snipers run around close range scoping. Personally, the best thing to do as a sniper is to grab a G3 and go motion mine rape.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Jestar wrote:

The line between sniper and regular infantry seems so blurred to me in modern games, when all the assault rifles are accurate as fuck at long ranges, and all these snipers run around close range scoping. Personally, the best thing to do as a sniper is to grab a G3 and go motion mine rape.
seems like it's WWI all over again when you're getting killed at close range with bolt actions, >.>
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i use sniper classes on practically every FPS i've ever played. i don't understand the attraction of sitting around on a hill miles away, and getting two kills over a round. much more fun to get a highpower rifle, stick a close range scope on it and run around with your team.

cod4 and acog'd barrat are a good example of that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Never change Cammrobb.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
Recon Recon Recon...

The majority of Snipers in BC2 are noobs. They sit back, afraid to get into the fight, and maybe pick off a few people per round. A good player, not playing as a Sniper, but as the Recon class, can be just as effective as any other class in this game. But it depends on the map of course.

Some reasons why the Recon class is very useful:

1. In the very large vehicle maps in the game, it is very useful to have a Recon class in your squad. If you have an engineer trying to blow up a tank but is being hindered by an enemy engineer fixing the tank, then the Recon is one of the best classes for taking out the enemy engineer.

2. Taking out Enemy Snipers. This is especially useful in the larger maps where you are guaranteed to have loads of little kids sitting up on the hill side and giving your squad a bit of grief. Always handy if one of your squad mates can respawn as a Recon to deal with them.

3. Spotting. If you know how to spot (MW2 people haven't seem to have cought on to this yet), then you can provide your whole team with an advantage that they probably don't even realise. If you suddenly have a little red triangle appear on the mini-map/3d then there is a good chance the a team Recon player has spotted them. I know I do.

4. RUSH RUSH RUSH. In Rush Maps as attackers, one of the BEST tactics at certain MCOM stations is for 2/3 of your squad mates to run in, kill the enemy, activate the MCOM station, run away (trying not to get killed), and then have the Recon class put a Mortar Strike on the MCOM station. You know the defenders are going to run in there like headless chickens to deactivate it. The mortar strike will give you just that right amount of time for the MCOM station to detonate.

5. Motion Mines mine mine mine! Brilliant system for defending bases. People need to use them more often.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Speaking of snipers, when are they gonna get the spotting scope fixed on PC? Should the retards choose to use it, they will become infinitely more helpful to their team.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
no scoping people with the gol from close range is both highly amusing and effective.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5425
i was wondering if it would be viable to put a sticker to the middle of ur screen and go nonscope people :|

Last edited by RoaringJet[FIN] (2010-04-09 01:41:41)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Yes snipers have been bitched on in probably every BF game. The reason why they are bitched on even more in BC2? In my opinion..it is the Rush mode. There is pretty much no incentive to run towards 12 man trying to mow you down just to get 130-ish point for arming/blowing up an MCom. Besides, they can just sit on their pretty mountain popping mortars all round, which is probably more effective than running down said hill on your own.

However in Conquest, though sniper are still annoying, the battle keeps switching from location, on the contrary to Rush where you are pretty much running towards one meatgrinding spot. Thus in my opinion, all the more reason to take a kit that isn't a sniper..

However, in Conquest you have to deal with the 15 out of 16 medic fags with m60's.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-04-09 02:22:55)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

jsnipy wrote:

Why do people tend to despise snipers in bfbc2?
cuz they think they are cool jumping around from flag to flag....all the time losing the flag once they leave.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720

11 Bravo wrote:

....all the time losing the flag once they leave.
Stupid this cause I am sure you get more points for defending a control point.
11 Bravo
Banned

theDude5B wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

....all the time losing the flag once they leave.
Stupid this cause I am sure you get more points for defending a control point.
happens in every fps game i have ever played.  "uber" squads hop around from flag to flag and thats it.  usually they all have clan tags, go figure.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
I prefer taking a control point and then defending it. Unless the rest of the team are complete pansies and cant take other points.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast

mtb0minime wrote:

Speaking of snipers, when are they gonna get the spotting scope fixed on PC? Should the retards choose to use it, they will become infinitely more helpful to their team.
What's wrong with it on PC? It works fine of the PS3.

I play on hardcore all the time though, so it is useless to me, so are motion mines.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

henno13 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I play on hardcore all the time though, so it is useless to me, so are motion mines.
It doesn't spot It's just like the regular scope. So stupid
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast

mtb0minime wrote:

henno13 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

It doesn't spot It's just like the regular scope. So stupid
What the fuck

That's fucking useless, even more useless than it is on hardcore.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-04-09 03:42:39)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

jsnipy wrote:

Or at least seems so IMO. In every battlefield game people seem to hate anything that is not a toe to toe assault rifle fight why is that? Why do people tend to despise snipers in bfbc2?
Like you said, it's not just Bad Company 2, it's every single FPS game out there. The simple reason is because they're generally not helping.

Being a sniper is generally a really easy and lazy job. You just stand still, and pop a few skulls. Basically, it's ever stat-nab's wet dream.

However, when I'm a sniper I'll usually attack with my squad, but a little further back. I can easily engage anybody who pauses for a second to shoot my guys. It's a very effective way to defend an M-COM as well, because you can just pop their little skulls from a distance as they defuse while standing still like morons.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
11 Bravo
Banned

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Being a sniper is generally a really easy and lazy job.
you mean i can sit back after a hard day of work, drink a beer, relax, and crack a few skulls?  oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats not why i buy video games.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
snipers can be are fine, I sometimes play sniper, but im not some tard that sits on a hill not actually contributing to the team. I generally find camping 1 spot for the entire game bad for your kdr, if you don't cap that next base your team doesn't get another 75 ticks so you can't continue to rape.

Good snipers are rare tbh.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

11 Bravo wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Being a sniper is generally a really easy and lazy job.
you mean i can sit back after a hard day of work, drink a beer, relax, and crack a few skulls?  oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats not why i buy video games.
I buy games to sit back and relax. I also enjoy sniping a lot (For that very reason). I said that's why PEOPLE hate snipers. They just sit back and don't contribute. I never agreed with it being bad.

Cleared up now boy?
11 Bravo
Banned

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Cleared up now boy?
i dont like you
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

11 Bravo wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Cleared up now boy?
i dont like you
I'd say that makes two, but I won't jump the gun and hate you for a retarded reason.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard