destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6623|Canada
Beijing, Apr 8 (AP) China said today it was "deeply concerned" about the violent uprising in neighbouring Kyrgyzstan, where opposition leaders said they had seized power after clashes that left dozens dead.

The impoverished mountainous nation, which shares a 858-kilometre border with China, is a gateway to other energy-rich Central Asian countries where China, Russia and the US are competing fiercely for dominance. Kyrgyzstan is also a ready market for cheap Chinese-made goods.

"As a friendly neighbour, we are deeply concerned over the development of the situation in the Kyrgyz capital and other areas, and we sincerely hope that order can be restored as soon as possible and relevant issues can be resolved through legal channels," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said in a statement.

An opposition coalition in Kyrgyzstan proclaimed an interim government today
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8608870.stm
source

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2010-04-08 21:23:12)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
Apparently not. First I've hear about it.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

RTHKI wrote:

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6623|Canada
Its been a pretty bloody coup and the country is in shambles. The US lead NATO airbage is shutdown, thus causing resupply issues for Afghanistan, and the country's location is pretty strategic for energy flow... we'll see where this goes
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
Read it on bbc when it was on the front page. And yeah fuck me that was a terrible riot =/ Some guy took the police shield lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6219|teh FIN-land
Let's see how the US and Russian airbases there get treated now...I bet someone's gonna get kicked out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

ruisleipa wrote:

Let's see how the US and Russian airbases there get treated now...I bet someone's gonna get kicked out.
Air bases bring a lot of money into the local economy.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6219|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

maybe true, but I doubt that it'll be possible to have both russian and US bases there for long, especially if russia decides to..er..'liberate' the country again
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

maybe true, but I doubt that it'll be possible to have both russian and US bases there for long, especially if russia decides to..er..'liberate' the country again
I doubt Russia would try anything when a US airbase is there lol. But we know Russia's great liberation of the proletariat record
ruisleipa
+149|6219|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

But we know Russia's great liberation of the proletariat record
well, quite.

Although the US and Russia did just sign theri new nuclear treaty so they're obviously great buddies right now...who knows?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

But we know Russia's great liberation of the proletariat record
well, quite.

Although the US and Russia did just sign theri new nuclear treaty so they're obviously great buddies right now...who knows?
Well relations are definitely a lot better than before. Especially compared to Cold War times. A lot of business relations now too.
ruisleipa
+149|6219|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

Well relations are definitely a lot better than before. Especially compared to Cold War times. A lot of business relations now too.
true enough...true enough...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

In my country there is problem, and that problem is transport.... Khazakstan > Kyrgyzstan.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6470|Kakanien
kirgistan, kirgisistan or kirgisien

massive. three names for one and the same country
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5160
Saw it on newsweek.com a few days ago, kinda meh for me.

Lol @ ruis talking out of his ass
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
The government tried to double the power rates. Something about cap and trade and the green economy.

The people spoke.

All people want to be free.

I wish them well.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5991|Truthistan

ATG wrote:

The government tried to double the power rates. Something about cap and trade and the green economy.

The people spoke.

I wish them well.
Agreed

I heard that electricity was privatized and prices skyrocketed like the ENRON California scam.

IMO we're not hearing much about it because its a backlash against artificially inflated energy prices... least we should hear about how this crap is being tried everywhere at the same time and learn from others on how to deal with corruption. Its like the riots in Bolivia over privatization of the public water supply, we barely heard anything about that too.

I wish the peple well and hope they put the crooks in jail
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6104|Birmingham, UK

13/f/taiwan wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

I read about it yesterday, didn't even see it on the news.

Yes, no body cares it seems...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
I care, and I think we should emulate them.

It is time for real change.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5160

Diesel_dyk wrote:

ATG wrote:

The people spoke.

I wish them well.
Agreed

I heard that electricity was privatized and prices skyrocketed like the ENRON California scam.

IMO we're not hearing much about it because its a backlash against artificially inflated energy prices... least we should hear about how this crap is being tried everywhere at the same time and learn from others on how to deal with corruption. Its like the riots in Bolivia over privatization of the public water supply, we barely heard anything about that too.

I wish the peple well and hope they put the crooks in jail
Whenever I read one of your post I am reminded how you do not know what in the hell you are talking about and why I should just scroll past it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

I have a rule that I don't care about anything that I can't pronounce.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California
I had a exchange student from Kyrgyzstan or Kazhizstan(borat) either one of those my senior year and he was an alright guy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard