triggerpappy
+1|5143
There is a lot of helpful utilities, guides, articles and tools [url=http://www.fragdirectory.com/60/]Here at Fragdirectory.com[/url] that is updated frequently and allows user to make new submissions.

Also an interesting [url=http://www.fragcast.org/?p=995]damage chart[/url] -M60 needs nerfing

TriggerPappy
[url=http://fragworld.org]Fragworld Gaming Network[/url]
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Thanks, updating now
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Rod Foxx wrote:

Yes i've made backups of all the files. To give you an example if i even change the sensitivity of anything in any of the files the game will not launch. After i couldn't get the full fix to work i tried individually and the same happened

For the most part though the files i have do the job, i don't really use atv's or vehicle free look so it's not a huge loss. The main use was for tanks/turrets and now they're
I've run into an issue along these lines. I can't access the in-game menu to change my key bindings, I get a ctd. Anyone know a fix?
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Jaekus wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

Yes i've made backups of all the files. To give you an example if i even change the sensitivity of anything in any of the files the game will not launch. After i couldn't get the full fix to work i tried individually and the same happened

For the most part though the files i have do the job, i don't really use atv's or vehicle free look so it's not a huge loss. The main use was for tanks/turrets and now they're
I've run into an issue along these lines. I can't access the in-game menu to change my key bindings, I get a ctd. Anyone know a fix?
It's fine now, I replaced the tweaked files with copies of the backups, changed my bindings using the in-game menu, exited and then re-tweaked the files.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia

Jaekus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's fine now, I replaced the tweaked files with copies of the backups, changed my bindings using the in-game menu, exited and then re-tweaked the files.
Nice.

This game seems really buggy with its controls. I can't imagine how changing a few controls would affect the game enough to crash it, yet here we are
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah it's weird. A few characters of text and all of the sudden you've got problems. It's not like you're adding a whole new code to the game, or even a new string.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
How is this not stickied?
Ptfo
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Stickied.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
The turret fix, do I need to redo it everytime a patch comes out or is it "forever" ?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I'm not sure as I've only done it with this last small client side patch as of a couple weeks ago.
When a new patch comes out I'll check.
What I'd suggest though would be to keep a notepad file in with your backups of the .dbx files you change with the values you use. That way if it does reset the values you can simply have a look at set them back to how you had them, skipping the process of experimentation to get them how you want them.
Sisco
+493|6313

Jaekus wrote:

I'm not sure as I've only done it with this last small client side patch as of a couple weeks ago.
When a new patch comes out I'll check.
What I'd suggest though would be to keep a notepad file in with your backups of the .dbx files you change with the values you use. That way if it does reset the values you can simply have a look at set them back to how you had them, skipping the process of experimentation to get them how you want them.
Thanks, will keep that in mind!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Tip: When starting on a new round spawn as engineer with AT mines and upgraded amount of explosives carried. You'll have six mines. Run around the map tossing down mines in pairs (but not overly close because a single round will set both off) on the roads and paths. They'll stay up for the rest of the round and you'll rack up extra kills. After you die, you can play as you like with any kit and they'll stick around. I did this tonight in the three rounds I played and racked up 8 vehicle kills and 15 personnel kills. It was amusing seeing kills by me five minutes into the round and on the other side of the map

Also, unlike in BF2 where mines would 'overwrite' and older ones would disappear if you laid down new ones, in BC2 you could theoretically flood the map with mines as they do not 'overwrite'. Might be interesting to try on vehicle heavy maps like Atacama Desert.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-04-07 21:46:34)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Other tips similar to the mine one above: Pick up an enemy/friendly's assault or medic kit, toss out the respective ammo/health box, then switch back to your own class. Doesn't last nearly as long as the mines do, but you get a few extra points here and there, and more importantly, help your teammates out!
Sisco
+493|6313

JohnG@lt wrote:

Tip: When starting on a new round spawn as engineer with AT mines and upgraded amount of explosives carried. You'll have six mines. Run around the map tossing down mines in pairs (but not overly close because a single round will set both off) on the roads and paths. They'll stay up for the rest of the round and you'll rack up extra kills. After you die, you can play as you like with any kit and they'll stick around. I did this tonight in the three rounds I played and racked up 8 vehicle kills and 15 personnel kills. It was amusing seeing kills by me five minutes into the round and on the other side of the map

Also, unlike in BF2 where mines would 'overwrite' and older ones would disappear if you laid down new ones, in BC2 you could theoretically flood the map with mines as they do not 'overwrite'. Might be interesting to try on vehicle heavy maps like Atacama Desert.
I think there is a max amount of mines though. I died a spawned and layed mines at the same places as before and the ones still lying there then disappeared. Might be a server setting though, not sure.
Sisco
+493|6313
On another note regarding the turret fix:

What value is the one for stationary turrets, like AA guns? The one changed in the land.dbx? Vehicle turrets are fine now for me, but mounted MG´s and especially AA is way to twitchy.
I started with the value of 10 and I´m down to 5 now, but there seems to be no difference
Also, it´s nearly impossible to look around when driving a Humvee/Jetski/Quad now.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

That's awesome, I'm gonna give that a whirl.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Sisco10 wrote:

What value is the one for stationary turrets, like AA guns? The one changed in the land.dbx? Vehicle turrets are fine now for me, but mounted MG´s and especially AA is way to twitchy.
I started with the value of 10 and I´m down to 5 now, but there seems to be no difference
Also, it´s nearly impossible to look around when driving a Humvee/Jetski/Quad now.
Yeah the land.dbx affects the turrets, also gunner seats in choppers and the UAV.

Have a re-read of the opening post in the link here.
There's a line that reads: "Note: 10 here is a suggestion, again feel free to experiment. Values below 5 seemed too sluggish for my taste, while values far greater than 20 did not seem to make turrets any faster at turning, just more "squirrely" (changing directions more quickly, making it harder to stay on target)."

Depending on your mouse your configurations will be different. For example, with my old mouse the Scheme0Sensitivity=x in the GameSettings.ini file was 6.7, but now with my new mouse it's at 2.7

The bottom line is you'll just have to experiment to see what works.

Oh, and make sure you've changed the string <field name="NormalizeInput">false</field> to FALSE. If you haven't, it won't work.
Sisco
+493|6313

Jaekus wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Yeah the land.dbx affects the turrets, also gunner seats in choppers and the UAV.

Have a re-read of the opening post in the link here.
There's a line that reads: "Note: 10 here is a suggestion, again feel free to experiment. Values below 5 seemed too sluggish for my taste, while values far greater than 20 did not seem to make turrets any faster at turning, just more "squirrely" (changing directions more quickly, making it harder to stay on target)."

Depending on your mouse your configurations will be different. For example, with my old mouse the Scheme0Sensitivity=x in the GameSettings.ini file was 6.7, but now with my new mouse it's at 2.7

The bottom line is you'll just have to experiment to see what works.

Oh, and make sure you've changed the string <field name="NormalizeInput">false</field> to FALSE. If you haven't, it won't work.
Thanks for the help.
What I´m not sure I understood is, does the Scheme0Sensitivity have direct influence on the turret behaviour? I run it at 2.2 now and for inf its good that way.
edit:

text wrote:

This value will be your normal in-game mouse sensitivity, it seems to have no effect on turrets or vehicles
So much for that

I went from 10 to 5 in the land.dbx and it didn´t really change, that´s what got me confused

edit again:
Okay, I put in a value of 1 and that made some significant change. Need to figure a bit with it. Looks like I´m a lot less twitchy than the author of the fix, lol

Last edited by Sisco10 (2010-04-08 01:07:28)

EnemyOfAllkind
+28|6439|Finland

I used this >> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ … ge#4410796

A whole lot easier then editing manually....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/e01c5bfa5f0a95a99794736ab44fb78102fe70ec.png
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Nice, I'll update the thread now.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Sisco10 wrote:

I went from 10 to 5 in the land.dbx and it didn´t really change, that´s what got me confused

edit again:
Okay, I put in a value of 1 and that made some significant change. Need to figure a bit with it. Looks like I´m a lot less twitchy than the author of the fix, lol
Again, you really need to experiment. I wasn't getting very good results until I started changing the values quite a lot. Once you have it somewhere in the ballpark of what you're comfortable with you can then begin the process of fine tuning. This may take you half an hour, a couple hours or even over the course of a few days. The good news is the more you play the more you'll be able to fine tune it to just the way you like it.

Just make sure to keep a backup of your original files, and once you have it good backup your modified files. That way if something goes wrong OR if  a new patch writes over the top of your modified files you won't have to go through the somewhat arduous process of getting your mouse settings fine tuned again.
Sisco
+493|6313

Jaekus wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

edit again:
Again, you really need to experiment. I wasn't getting very good results until I started changing the values quite a lot. Once you have it somewhere in the ballpark of what you're comfortable with you can then begin the process of fine tuning. This may take you half an hour, a couple hours or even over the course of a few days. The good news is the more you play the more you'll be able to fine tune it to just the way you like it.

Just make sure to keep a backup of your original files, and once you have it good backup your modified files. That way if something goes wrong OR if  a new patch writes over the top of your modified files you won't have to go through the somewhat arduous process of getting your mouse settings fine tuned again.
I was tweaking for maybe 2 hours straight. Kinda hard, because when using turrets and such on an empty server I think it´s okay, but as soon as I try to track an enemy I get in trouble.

So far it seems the UAV and MG´s are affected more by the values than the tank turrets and chopper gunners. Affected as in a good value of speed for a tank seems to be too sensitive for the AA gun.
The UAV seems to be the worst because it´s more sensitive to begin with.
After all that time something between 2.0 and 2.5 seems to do the trick for me, but I´m not yet satisfied really

Out of curiousity, what values do you use Jaekus?
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I had to totally change my values when I upgraded from a stand Microsoft mouse to a secondhand Logitech MX Revolution.

My current settings are:

Scheme0Sensitivity=2.700000 (was 6.7)
Land: 10 (it was 15-20 with my old mouse, and I did have it at 13 but that felt too sensitive so last night I adjusted it back down to 10, it seemed to be good when on singel player)
Air: 200 (had it at 250-300 with my old mouse)

A lot of it is dependent on your mouse, at least in my experience.

What I'd recommend for you is to start with 2, then go up to 4. If 2 is not enough and 4 is too much you have your parameters for both ends of the spectrum so the ideal sensitivity for you must be somewhere in between these two values. Then go to 3. If this is too sensitive, you know it has to be somewhere between 2-3, if it's not enough then it has to be somewhere between 3-4. Keep this process going and you'll soon have it.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-04-08 20:01:03)

Sisco
+493|6313

Jaekus wrote:

I had to totally change my values when I upgraded from a stand Microsoft mouse to a secondhand Logitech MX Revolution.

My current settings are:

Scheme0Sensitivity=2.700000 (was 6.7)
Land: 10 (it was 15-20 with my old mouse, and I did have it at 13 but that felt too sensitive so last night I adjusted it back down to 10, it seemed to be good when on singel player)
Air: 200 (had it at 250-300 with my old mouse)

A lot of it is dependent on your mouse, at least in my experience.

What I'd recommend for you is to start with 2, then go up to 4. If 2 is not enough and 4 is too much you have your parameters for both ends of the spectrum so the ideal sensitivity for you must be somewhere in between these two values. Then go to 3. If this is too sensitive, you know it has to be somewhere between 2-3, if it's not enough then it has to be somewhere between 3-4. Keep this process going and you'll soon have it.
Thx mate, will try more today
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Also, the tank turrets have a limited speed on them, it appears to be a core setting in the game. I've found that if you move your mouse slower the tank turret will move faster than if you try to snap a 90 degree turn. Kinda hard to explain but if you've sped up your tank turret for aiming, try turning with the same motion as you would aiming and then with a bigger motion as you would normally to turn, you'll see what I mean.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard