jnick
+22|6827
Ok here's my issue,

I use ventrilo and am trying to use the BF2 VOIP at the same time. I can get them both to transmit my voice with seperate key binds, no problem. The problem lies in the "20+dB boost)". In order for other players to hear me I HAVE to enable the microphone boost. However, now when in ventrilo, I get EXTREMELY loud screeching. It starts of low and slow, then it gets EXTREMELY loud. It almost sounds like a train is passing by or huge oil refinery's. However, if I take off the boost, Ventrilo now transmits fine, but NOBODY in BF@ can hear me over it's VOIP.

Does anyone know HOW I can get both programs to transmit my voice "normally"?

Thanks
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6758|Norway
Have you tried tweaking Ventrilo setup? with regards to inbound sound? and also made sure both VoIP and Ventrilo are using your soundcard (assuming you have one)
Do you have the same problems with for example Skype?
jnick
+22|6827
Yes I've messed with all settings in and out of ventrilo for days. I have an Audigy 2 ZS, and no, I never used skype.

I just think my microphone is a POS as it doesn't transmit my voice loud enough (it's a desktop mic not a headset)
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6758|Norway
Have you tried start>control panel>sound/sounddevices>voice>test hardware?

It might help...
jnick
+22|6827
Yeah, that didn't help either, thanks though
Lonewolf
+0|6825
Turn of mic boost in windows and leave it on in game and you might want to turn up outbound or inbound
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6687|Minnesota
I have the same sound card and I had trouble with it sending my voice.  Even with the boost on.  I ran sound recorder and could hardly hear my own voice.  Went through all the volume setting to no avail.  Had to go with a usb headset.  Has it's own volume controll program.  Problem solved.

P.S. I use xfire and untill i got new headset my friends could hardly hear me either.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6726|S.E. United States
right click on your little speaker at bottom right of your taskbar by the clock
click on adjust audio properties
youll see device volume
click on advanced
play control window comes up
bottom left click on advanced
make sure where it says "other controls" at the bottom that "1 digital output only" is unchecked

I had the problem your speaking of when I first tried using teamspeak and a friend had me do that
and I didnt have that irratating sound anymore
  hope that helps
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6882|Dundas, ONT, Canada

KillerYaNk wrote:

right click on your little speaker at bottom right of your taskbar by the clock
click on adjust audio properties
youll see device volume
click on advanced
play control window comes up
bottom left click on advanced
make sure where it says "other controls" at the bottom that "1 digital output only" is unchecked

I had the problem your speaking of when I first tried using teamspeak and a friend had me do that
and I didnt have that irratating sound anymore
  hope that helps
I've got Soundablaster sound card "live 24". My  digital output is unchecked> Irun Bf2voipsetup.exe evrything is fine. get inthe game and trying to talk to some one, they tell me they can hearme fine. 2 minutes down the road evry thing goes to shit. When I run TS and trying to talk to some one i get that sreching sound. I need some serios help, couse I'm short of reinstaling my game.
CackNBallz
+45|6788|Toronto, Canada
I am just curious to what key you binded the Ventrilo key to.  I have them both binded to B.   I can't rebind the voip squad chat to anything else.

Now that I think about it, maybe I can bind my Vent to F (staring at my keyboard and trying to remember if f is used...)
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6758|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

CackNBallz wrote:

I am just curious to what key you binded the Ventrilo key to.  I have them both binded to B.   I can't rebind the voip squad chat to anything else.

Now that I think about it, maybe I can bind my Vent to F (staring at my keyboard and trying to remember if f is used...)
f is used (next weapon) and i bound it to the left alt button, that only changes the 3D map so nothing really happens
CackNBallz
+45|6788|Toronto, Canada
Shit! Well I actually tend to use the left alt a lot to check maps and items (med packs, ammo, to check if those "black gifts", mines and claymores are friendly explosives) and then switch it off to have better visibility of the battlefield.

Is there a way to disable that key so it is null?
Hyper
Banned
+154|6796
if ya hit delete ( i beleive ) it will clear the key to a nul value
BillyMack
+5|6676
actually i think you have to hit "escape" as delete is a mappable key...not sure tho
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6677|Derby, England

jnick wrote:

Ok here's my issue,

I use ventrilo and am trying to use the BF2 VOIP at the same time. I can get them both to transmit my voice with seperate key binds, no problem. The problem lies in the "20+dB boost)". In order for other players to hear me I HAVE to enable the microphone boost. However, now when in ventrilo, I get EXTREMELY loud screeching. It starts of low and slow, then it gets EXTREMELY loud. It almost sounds like a train is passing by or huge oil refinery's. However, if I take off the boost, Ventrilo now transmits fine, but NOBODY in BF@ can hear me over it's VOIP.

Thanks
The best known method to fix this is currently to go to Start -> Run, type dxdiag, go to the Audio tab and then move the Acceleration slider down to Basic.

( That is the only thing that fixed my VOIP ) I'm sure it will fix anyone who is having problem with it

Houpe this helps Peace Boris
Hyper
Banned
+154|6796

BillyMack wrote:

actually i think you have to hit "escape" as delete is a mappable key...not sure tho
holy thread resurections batman
dubbs
+105|6677|Lexington, KY
Hey, for a short time I had BF2's VoIP and Vent to work at the same time.  I used the = key for PTT in Vent, then the normal keys on BF2.  The question I have to ask is are you using a separate mic and headphones, or are you using a headset.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6677|Derby, England

jnick wrote:

Ok here's my issue,

Thanks
try This

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22188

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard