xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
Note: I'm going to be as general as possible. If I type like this #SOMETHING#, it means a variable.

*Tutorial written for use with WinRAR from http://www.rarlab.com*

1. Download the 64 player maps from Battlefield Singleplayer (they're near the bottom)

2. Make a backup of your mods/bf2 directory, and name the copy bf2_sp or something.

3. Extract the maps into their appropriate folders in the bf2_sp folder (some may need tweaking)

4. Now, after awhile (if you have a medium-end computer), the maps may lag your computer. Follow these instructions to import the 32 player and 16 player versions in.

*FROM HERE ON, THIS MAY GET COMPLICATED*

1. Open up your "server.zip" in the map that you want to have the 16 player version in.

2. Go to the, "GameModes" folder in the .zip file.

3. Extract the contents of that folder to another folder somewhere else.

4. Now go to the folder that you extracted the files to.

5. Now you should see two folders, "gpm_cq" and "sp1"

6. Make a new folder called, "sp3"

7. Now, make a new folder in that one called, "64"

8. Copy the items inside the, "16" folder (its in the "sp1" folder) into the "64" folder.

9. Delete all items INSIDE the "16" folder.

10. Go to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#

11. Go to the "server.zip" file in that folder.

12. Go to the "GameModes" folder, then to the, "sp1" folder, then to the "16" folder

13. Extract all the contents of the, "sp1" folder into the EMPTY "16" folder.

14. Now go to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2_sp\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#

15. Now go to that folder's "server.zip" file.

16. Go to the "GameModes" folder.

17. Click, "Add"

18. Navigate to the items that you extracted earlier....

19. Find the, "sp1" and "sp3" folders.

20. Add them using WinRAR's "Add and replace function"

21. Now go into #LEVEL NAME#'s "Info" folder.

22. Now, make go to the #LEVEL NAME#.desc file

23. Make it look something like my Strike at Karkand.desc file (don't do a copy and paste):

Code:

<map gsid="4">
    <name> Strike At Karkand </name>
    <briefing locid="LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_strikeatkarkand">map description for modders maps not localized (english only)</briefing>
    <music> common/sound/menu/music/load_MEC_music.ogg </music>
    <modes>
        <mode type="gpm_cq">
            <maptype ai="1" players="16" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
            <maptype players="32" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
            <maptype ai="1" players="64" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp1">
            <maptype ai="1" players="16" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
            <maptype players="32" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
            <maptype ai="1" players="64" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp2">
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp3">
        </mode>
    </modes>
</map>
Save the file.

24. Now, go back to #LEVEL NAME#'s "Info" folder.

25. Copy the, "gpm_cq_64_menuMap.png" file into the same folder and rename it, "sp1_64_menuMap.png" (without quotes)

26. Do the same thing with the "gpm_cq_16_menuMap.png" except rename it to "sp1_16_menuMap.png" (again, without the quotes)

Congratulations! Now you should be able to play 16 player maps and 64 player maps together! I'll add a tutorial for making 32 player maps playable in SinglePlayer later.

To Play with More Bots:

1. Go to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2_sp\AI

2. Go to your AIDefault.ai file.

3. Make it look something like this:

Code:

REM Created by: BF2 Modifier
echo
echo AIDefault.ai 
echo 
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1
aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots #DESIRED BOT NUMBER#
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill #DESIRED BOT SKILL FROM 0.1 - 1.0#
run BotNames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32
run AIPathFinding.ai
Save the file.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-04-26 03:31:43)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6659
no 64 players?
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6765
nice - you may want to add the link for the adding bots
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
I added an update to the tutorial.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
Okay, time for me to add the tutorial to make 32 player maps work.

This will get a bit complicated, and not for the faint of heart.

First, you need the BF2Editor 2.0 (the 1.0 does not come with SinglePlayer support)

1. Make a backup of the "bf2_sp" folder that you made, and rename it to something like "bf2_spmodding"

2. Go to #LEVEL NAME#'s folder in the "bf2_spmodding"

3. Unzip the "client.zip" and the "server.zip" into #LEVEL NAME#'s folder.

4. Make a new folder called, "editor" in #LEVEL NAME#'s folder.

5. Go to this directory:

mods\bf2\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#\server.zip

In the "server.zip", go to the GameModes folder, then to the "gpm_cq" folder. Select the "32" folder, and extract the "GamePlayObjects.con" file into this directory:

mods\bf2_spmodding\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#\editor

6. Go to that directory. It should have a new folder inside called, "GameModes". Go through all the folders in that folder until you reach the, "GamePlayObjects.con" file.

7. Copy that file into the "editor" folder.

8. Delete the "GameModes" folder.

9. In the "GamePlayObjects.con" file, open it, and scroll to the bottom. Add this line at the bottom:

Code:

CombatArea.usedByPathFinding 1
10. Boot the BF2Editor up

11. When it asks for you to select a MOD, select, "bf2_spmodding"

12. It should load up. Now, go to the "Tools" tab on the menu bar up top. Then go to, "Add in Manager"

13. It should have a menu pop up. If you just installed the BF2Editor, you should see somewhere in the menu,

"SinglePlayerEditor (not installed)"

Select the + sign next to it, and check the two subitems. Now you're ready.

14. Go to your new, "SinglePlayerEditor" up in the box that right now says either, "ObjectEditor" or "LevelEditor". Go to "SinglePlayerEditor".

15. Open up #LEVEL NAME#.

16. Now you should see the level you're working on. Go to the "Render" box on the menubar. Uncheck the, "Toggle Draw Fog". After you uncheck that, go to "Render" again, and go to the, "AI" box, then check, "Toggle Draw AI".

17. Gray cubes represent control points. You should have a box on the right that says, "StrategicAreas".

18. Go to any gray cube, click and drag your mouse over it, and then at the box on the right, click, "Place on Selected Area".

19. A big blue box should appear. Now on the box on the right, click "Infantry"

20. A box should pop up that says, "Click to select Infantry Order position!"

21. Click somewhere in the Flag Capture Radius and a circle should appear.

22. Now click on the box to the right, "Vehicle".

23. Place it where a vehicle could reach.

24. Repeat steps 18-23 for all control points.

25. Save.

26. Open up the, "editor" folder.

27. You should see two new folders, "Detailmaps" and "AI". Go into the, "AI" folder.

28. You should see the file, "StrategicAreas.ai".

29. Make a folder somewhere called, "sp2"

31. Make a new folder inside that called, "32" and then inside that, create a new folder called, "ai"

32. Copy the "StrategicAreas.ai" file into the "ai" folder that you made.

33. Copy the, "GamePlayObjects.con" file into the "32" folder (not into the "ai" folder)

34. Go to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\bf2_sp\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#

Open the "server.zip" file.

35. In the "server.zip" file, go to the "GameModes" folder in it. Once there, click "Add" at the top.

36. Add your "sp2" folder you made.

37. Double check the files and see if they were added right. Re-add them if it didn't.

38. Go to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#\Info

39. Copy the "gpm_cq_32_menuMap.png" file.

40. Copy the file to this directory:

#DRIVER NAME#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2_sp\Levels\#LEVEL NAME#\Info

Rename it to, "sp1_32_menuMap.png"

41. Now go to #LEVEL NAME#.desc

42. Now make it look like this (don't do a copy & paste)

Code:

<map gsid="4">
    <name> Strike At Karkand </name>
    <briefing locid="LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_strikeatkarkand">map description for modders maps not localized (english only)</briefing>
    <music> common/sound/menu/music/load_MEC_music.ogg </music>
    <modes>
        <mode type="gpm_cq">
            <maptype ai="1" players="32" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp1">
            <maptype ai="1" players="32" type="assault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_assault">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp2">
        </mode>
        <mode type="sp3">
        </mode>
    </modes>
</map>
43. Save and check out your new 32 player map. Keep track of all bugs, to fix in the editor later.

*PM me if you want me to explain specific parts of it*

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-04-26 12:35:57)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6781|UK
Nice job mate. Karma coming ur way.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6635
i am so confused it isn't funny
to be more specific here

15. Now go to that folder's "server.zip" file.

16. Go to the "GameModes" folder.

17. Click, "Add"

Last edited by My_pet_squirrel (2006-04-26 13:48:08)

xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
I responded to your PM. Inside the "server.zip" file, there is a "GameModes" folder. Once you go to that folder, click "Add" (assuming you are using WinRAR) and add the, "sp2" folder
WarmPudgy
+41|6603|Arkansas
i actually prefer having no out of bounds than a 64 player sized map

i cant remember how to do it off the top of my head, would someone mind posting that for me? i think some others may like it as well
its 5 o'clock im going home
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
Uhh, I guess this is what you'd have to do:

1. Delete everything in the GamePlayObjects.con file underneath the, "end if"

2. Go into the BF2Editor and load up the map you just edited the GamePlayObjects.con file in.

3. Make a new combat area around the perimeter of the map.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
arent there like 1000's of mods that do this???
nodehopper
+56|6647
Does this bring up any issues when logging into a public server with PunkBuster finding modified game files?
[BHA]*SharpShooter
Banned
+159|6594|behind you
WTF isnt the new patch going to do this
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
no to GF mom and yes it sometimes does. just get a single player mod. dont fuck with your files.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6606|Reisterstown, MD

Naughty_Om wrote:

no to GF mom and yes it sometimes does. just get a single player mod. dont fuck with your files.
Got a link?
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
I think he means just make a copy of your bf2 folder, like so in the second step

nodehopper wrote:

Does this bring up any issues when logging into a public server with PunkBuster finding modified game files?
Yes. There is a workaround for this, but it requires LOADS of time, and a decent knowledge of hex-editing. You basically rename ALL FILES(every last stinking file - including zipped files). It's way beyond my knowledge, and the post could take up like two pages.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-04-27 17:17:21)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
no.... i mean go to fileshack and type in BF2 singleplayer 64 mod and you will get like 1000000.

hold on, getting the link now.

http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=42469

that is one that is 64, i do not know how it will affect the PB and online gameplay, download at your own risk.

Last edited by Naughty_Om (2006-04-27 17:16:51)

xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
I'm actually creating a mod that includes EVERY MAP. 16, 32, 64 maps included.

Naughty_Om wrote:

no.... i mean go to fileshack and type in BF2 singleplayer 64 mod and you will get like 1000000.
hold on, getting the link now.

http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=42469

that is one that is 64, i do not know how it will affect the PB and online gameplay, download at your own risk.
I think that will cause modded content error, as that doesn't create a new mod, it actually just edits the mods/bf2 folder.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-04-27 17:20:18)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
if u make your own mod, im pretty sure it does. but downloading i dunno. i havent tried it.

but feel free to try that mod, ive played some mods with attack choppers +b hawks + jets on karkand. they are fun.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
I've played that mod, and didn't have a good experience with my crappy machine (it lagged to death, even with 15 bots and settings on LOW)
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
o, ok, well il keep looking, me and my friend found one that was fun as hell, we had 64 players rocking out on a 32 player map size, complete obliteration, we had like 600 pts in 1 round.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
If FileFront would work, I would post what I have now (the beta) to it, so it could be played. But the filesize is massive (1 gig), and I need some ways to scale it down.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6648|USA
i would say YA
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691
This is my maplist so far:

Dalian Plant - 16, 32, 64

Daqing - 16, 64

Dragon Valley - 16, 64

FuShe - 16, 32, 64

Oman - 16, 32, 64

Kubra - 64

Mashtuur - 16, 32, 64

Clean Sweep - 16, 64

Sharqi - 16, 32, 64

Songhua - 16, 64

Karkand - 16, 32, 64

Wake - 64

Zatar - 16, 64
FFOLKES
+39|6778
xstax981,

I agree with one of the posters above that the next patch may make all your efforts futile.  I have decided to hold off making any new mods/maps until after the next patch and editor released.  I think with the new co-op it will allow us to choose different map sizes and # of bots.

FFOLKES

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard