Many people recently have been posting on my forum saying how they got infected from youtube and what they should do before downloading from it. Simple answer to that is don't download exe files from youtube no matter how good it looks in tutorial....
Let me give u small example
People will go on youtube and type in lets say steam account hacker or what ever, now tutorial they come across will say it works 100% it even tells u to scan file before use.... now u can scan that file on novirusthanks or even virustotal and many related websites you can even use your own AVG to scan it, this virus will not get detected for following 2 reasons
1. it has been Binded with another working app ( what does binding mean ? ) It's where attacker hides his virus with working file so you don't suspect a thing when ruining the app,
2. Virus has been Encrypted Scan time and run time FUD ( WTF is FUD and Whats scan time and run time ? ) FUD means Fully Un Detected Scan time means when u scan it on website to see if it has virus, run time means when u run it on your own desktop and have 1 of the AVG's installed it will not get detected,
I don't know what websites you have been visiting or what you been downloading but giving you heads up what not to do
1. Don't download from youtube if its an exe file ( application file )
2. Even if all scans show it's clean go and download sandbox and run it in that here is the link to sandbox
SandBox will show u if there is any thing ells ruining with app when u run it and even if it is virus it will only infect sandbox which is easy to remove here is full article about sandbox on WIKI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_%2 … ecurity%29
3. My other suggesting would be download and install key scrambler this is a very simple tool that can protect all your passwords from stealer's or drive by ( WTF is a stealer or Drive By ? ) Stealer is a tool used by hackers to steal all your logins to all the websites you visit ( simple keyboard scrambler can protect you from loads of head aches ) Drive By is a Website which has been Hacked by a Hacker and Installed Java Add on , so when you visit website it will give you famous install add on for this site, if its a clan website it will auto infect any member visiting that site so as you see having simple keyboard scrambler can protect you from attacker...
4. If you not sure if you been infected or not best tool and free tool to use is "MalewareBytes" Not only it's free but it will remove all hidden viruses from your PC here is link to that http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ( just download and install that )
That's about covers all net security you need to know about downloading anything from youtube or from Internet don't use limeware, p2p sofwarez or any other things you use to download )
If you need more Info please ask and I would be ha happy to give you info about it