Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida
Okay so anytime i have a dream in which there is an enemy of some sort, someone i dont like (for example someone breaking into my house) or someone i need to fight, i simply cannot.

In every dream like that, my punches and kicks, no matter how brutal i try, simply dont hurt the person. They just laugh. I feel like im punching under water. Also, in the dreams where i have a gun its either not loaded or i cant pull the trigger for some reason.

Anyone else?

Occansionally ill have a dream where im driving and the brakes wont work even though im pushing as hard as i can i still creep forward and almost hit someone.

Oh and also now that i think about it, whenever im fucking someone in my dream (usually when i realize im dreaming and do what i want, which obviously means sex, duh) i can never blow my load. I used to when i was a kid but now it just doesn't happen.

Last edited by Mitch (2010-03-31 06:28:46)

15 more years! 15 more years!
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6490|England
lay off the shroom's dude. 

on a serious note, i have had dreams like that pretty weird I remember I had where I was being chased buy someone and i just couldn't run, my legs weren't going anywhere lol

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-31 06:28:22)

Commie Killer
+192|6392
I hate you mitch, but I get the same shit. Some jackass either breaks into my house or trys to steal my car when I'm around. Then I start pummeling his ass but its like the punches don't do anything. Like I feel like I'm punching under water or something. Get it like every night.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida

Commie Killer wrote:

I hate you mitch, but I get the same shit. Some jackass either breaks into my house or trys to steal my car when I'm around. Then I start pummeling his ass but its like the punches don't do anything. Like I feel like I'm punching under water or something. Get it like every night.
Deff. Like last night this dude was trying to flirt with my gf and i tried to beat his ass but i would swing and kick at him on the ground but i would barely be able to touch him.

The other night i had a dream where someone was in my house, so i got my dads glock from the bedroom and the pull was so hard on the trigger, then it turns out the magazine is empty (my dad keeps a few rounds in the magazine in real life.)
15 more years! 15 more years!
Commie Killer
+192|6392

Mitch wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Deff. Like last night this dude was trying to flirt with my gf and i tried to beat his ass but i would swing and kick at him on the ground but i would barely be able to touch him.

The other night i had a dream where someone was in my house, so i got my dads glock from the bedroom and the pull was so hard on the trigger, then it turns out the magazine is empty (my dad keeps a few rounds in the magazine in real life.)
I don't know shit about dreams actually. But its possible were crazy and were acting this stuff out in our sleep, but since we are asleep we might be moving slower or with less power or something.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5168
Sounds like a latent desire to be dominated. You should try some SnM.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6600|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
just had a dream where i was Nomad from Crysis and was fucking shit up on that island, but then all of a sudden nomad was fused with Neo from the matrix and i was fighting all the good guys, but my bullets weren't doing shit to them.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
I had a falling dream and I hit the ground and woke up in another dream and had 3 dreams and woke up wtf.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

I tend to go Kill Bill on most of my "fighting" dreams...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

I have the same thing actually, like no matter what I do I can't get someone away from me and it freaks me the fuck out cause I'm just there randomly flailing at them and I can't seem to hit them. It probably means we have an unconscious desire for cock or something.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
I had a dream last week that Mike Patton died, and in my dream I was so sad and tried not to bawl my eyes out.

When I woke up I felt overjoyed to know it was just a dream
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Stop playing Contra.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina
I typically have the opposite experience.  I can do just about anything in my dreams.

I generally find myself a lot more powerless in real life....
CameronPoe
+2,925|6560
Strangely I had a dream kind of like this last night. I was attempting to get to a small town near where I grew up and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't reach it. Bizarre.

The other question was why would I want to particularly reach this shithole:

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/89/98/899834_ffc411cd.jpg

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-03-31 15:58:20)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

Strangely I had a dream kind of like this last night. I was attempting to get to a small town near where I grew up and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't reach it. Bizarre.

The other question was why would I want to particularly reach this shithole:

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/89/98/ … c411cd.jpg
If you call that a shithole, you should see some of the shitholes here...  lol
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5999|Truthistan
You can't punch when you're asleep, the body shuts down your motor control so you don't hurt yourself in  your sleep.
I have had dreams where I'm trying to hit someone, but can't. Then as I am struggling, I come out of my sleep, and I can best describe that as struggling towards consiousness. And what is really interesting is that as soon as I am conscious enough, my motor control comes back and my arm lashes out.

Here look up REM Atonia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement_sleep

"Physiologically, certain neurons in the brain stem, known as REM sleep-on cells, (located in the pontine tegmentum), are particularly active during REM sleep, and are probably responsible for its occurrence. The release of certain neurotransmitters, the monoamines (norepinephrine, serotonin and histamine), is completely shut down during REM.[citation needed] This causes REM atonia, a state in which the motor neurons are not stimulated and thus the body's muscles do not move. Lack of such REM atonia causes REM Behavior Disorder; sufferers act out the movements occurring in their dreams." from wiki

So my guess is that you are realizing in your dream that your body isn't moving and so you are struggling... but you are actually very close to having a lucid dreaming which is cool, all you have to do is realize in your dream that you are dreaming and then control it.

One bizarre dream I had was being on a table laid out and being paralyzed. I had my appendix out some time ago and after that I had this dream where I couldn't open my eyes because they were probably taped shut, I couldn't move at all, but I could feel the pain of them cutting on my appendix. Now that was either a bad dream or a dream about what actually happened, I don't know for sure. but that one sucked.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

I used to be powerless in some dreams, but I've mastered that. With enough concentration before you go to sleep (and eventually none at all), you can change the scenery ala Looney Tunes blinds and hover around smugly like Magneto, manipulating time and space as you see fit. If I am powerless, there's a good chance my body's doing something stupid like smothering itself in its own pillow. Another good thing to practice is waking up at will. An alarm clock accelerates that skill measurably. I often wake up before it goes off, but mostly without thinking about it.

After awhile, it gets kind of boring, so it doesn't hurt to let your dreams take you where they will every now and then.

If you have a hard time doing it, I hear keeping a dream diary (writing them down when you wake up) is a good way to develop focus.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-03-31 19:32:42)

tuckergustav
+1,590|5918|...

Most of the dreams I have are lucid dreams.  I used to experience sleep paralysis, which is really quite terrifying...but learning about it and being conscious of it has helped tremendously.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

tuckergustav wrote:

Most of the dreams I have are lucid dreams.  I used to experience sleep paralysis, which is really quite terrifying...but learning about it and being conscious of it has helped tremendously.
Avoiding chronic sleep deprivation is the best way to stop paralysis, if something else isn't causing it. (imeo)

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-03-31 23:09:01)

BLdw
+27|5176|M104 "Sombrero"

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

After awhile, it gets kind of boring, so it doesn't hurt to let your dreams take you where they will every now and then.
How can one get bored of it? You can basically do everything you ever wanted and even more... It's bloody awesome.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yeah.  Some of the best dreams I've had were those I just open up and let go of any conventional wisdom.  I let someone just lead me around and end up in all sorts of crazy situations that seriously I wouldn't even have thought about in real life.  At a certain point, I take control and shape things around me.  And then I wake up, feeling I left Nirvana.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

I frequently have dreams where I'm powerless over my bowels. Then I wake up and my bed is all wet.

twiistaaa
+87|6673|mexico
i have very similar dreams, i've bashed the absolute crap out of people with no effect, i smash chairs into them and ram their face into the ground and they get up like i've given them a gentle tap. and yer... in 9/10 in sex dreams i wake up just before i get to "put it in" lol.

i even have one similar to the car one, i've had it about 4 or 5 times since i was a kid. even now i'm still a kid in the dream and my mum parks the car on a steep street and gets out, i wait for her in the car and it starts rolling back down the hill. no matter if i use the brake pedal or hand brake nothing happens, but i always wake up before it crashes into something.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

BLdw wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How can one get bored of it? You can basically do everything you ever wanted and even more... It's bloody awesome.
this:

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah.  Some of the best dreams I've had were those I just open up and let go of any conventional wisdom.  I let someone just lead me around and end up in all sorts of crazy situations that seriously I wouldn't even have thought about in real life.  At a certain point, I take control and shape things around me.  And then I wake up, feeling I left Nirvana.
Once you have the ability to manipulate your dreams at will, sometimes you want to let it run wild for the sheer sake of its unpredictability. Your brain might even invent new mental territory that you can later recall in a future dream, instead of doing the same shit over and over.
CC-Marley
+407|6833
Years ago I had a dream I was in Iraq with British troops hiding from insurgents. None of us had any ammo and we were lost. Long story short, the insurgents captured us and started to slit every ones throat. When they got to me I woke up sweating screaming as he was bringing the knife to my neck. Kyppa started barking and my GF was like WTF. The fear for my life was real. Shook me up a bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard