Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

OmniDeath wrote:

Finray wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Never trust the ingame weapon stats. Should have learned that from CoD series
What a valid argument

Based on my use with all 3 weapons, my claim remains the same. Even if I'm wrong about the AUG, there is no way the M16 and M416 do the same amount of damage.
Ok, to explain it I guess... The AUG, XM8, M416 and M16A2 all have the same top end damage of 16.7 damage per hit out to a range of six meters. This reflects the fact that they all fire the same NATO standard 5.56mm round. The M416, XM8 and M16A2 rifles are all 'standard' rifles and thus accurate out to a further range. They don't reach their minimum damage of 14.3 damage per hit until 64 meters (I mistakenly substituted yards for meters in the original post but it's close enough as makes little difference). The AUG on the other hand is a bullpup weapon and is therefor deemed less accurate at long range and because it has a shorter barrel, it loses muzzle velocity quicker than the other weapons of the same caliber. It has a bottom end damage of 11.2 damage but it reaches it's bottom end at 42 meters rather than 64. This leads to a steeper drop-off in damage past 6 meters.

So, the XM8, the M416 and the M16A2 all deal the same damage at the same ranges, the only thing that separates them for our purposes is their RPM which is 750, 700 and 800 respectively. Accuracy is not something I deal with as I feel it is mostly on the user to find what works best for themselves.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Another guide that basically does the same as yours only is a little more comprehensive. Lists the M16 as doing less damage than the M416 and AUG.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/13406/bfbc2-damage-chart.png

Source.

Personally, I have no idea where anyone is getting these numbers from as I've seen several charts that all list different (although similar) values.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Omni, I honestly don't know what your deal is. Are you trying to find justification for using a weapon that you prefer or what?

Even your source link uses:
https://www.joinaclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/weapons.png

and it's own chart contradicts it.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-03-30 10:57:29)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5141|Between your mama's legs.
NICE JOHN, your very correct. Good chart.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

JohnG@lt wrote:

Omni, I honestly don't know what your deal is. Are you trying to find justification for using a weapon that you prefer or what?

http://www.joinaclan.com/wp-content/upl … eapons.png

I don't have any "deal". If you're interrupting this as a personal attack you are mistaken, and I don't need to come to an online forum and post to justify using any weapon over another.

I'm just trying to figure out which is more accurate. No one has given any reason as to why the in game charts are not accurate other than "they're just wrong" nor has there been any explanation of where all these "more accurate" charts are getting their numbers, other than each other, or why these user made charts are more accurate than the in game ones.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

OmniDeath wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://www.joinaclan.com/wp-content/upl … eapons.png

I don't have any "deal". If you're interrupting this as a personal attack you are mistaken, and I don't need to come to an online forum and post to justify using any weapon over another.

I'm just trying to figure out which is more accurate. No one has given any reason as to why the in game charts are not accurate other than "they're just wrong" nor has there been any explanation of where all these "more accurate" charts are getting their numbers, other than each other, or why these user made charts are more accurate than the in game ones.
The in game 'charts' have no values. They're just bars on the screen that probably haven't been altered since early beta. EA4never was in this thread earlier and posted links showing how to mine the data inside the game. In this way it's possible to look at the values of the weapons whether it's accuracy, damage or whatever else. I highly doubt the guy who posted the chart pulled the values for 'amp' and 'kick' out of his ass or made a subjective number for it. The data for the chart was obviously mined.

Now, you can choose to ignore it all you want, that's your right. I'm not purposely misleading anyone here, I have no ulterior motives other than wanting to share some work that I did in excel with others. I'm not trying to get people to all use the M16A2 so I can rape them with the M416 or any nonsense like that. As far as I know, and to the best of my knowledge, the charts I listed in the OP are correct.
-Frederick Bastiat
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Are you being intentionally thick?

JohnG@lt wrote:

Now, you can choose to ignore it all you want, that's your right.
Did I ever say that I was going to ignore any of this information or did I say I was merely trying to figure out which chart was more accurate? Oh yea, that's right...

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm not purposely misleading anyone here, I have no ulterior motives other than wanting to share some work that I did in excel with others.
Did I say you were or even suggest that in any way? No, I'm sure you had nothing but good intentions and wanted to help the community, I was just asking about the numbers as I had seen several other sources that showed different values.

Chill out dude, all I did was ask a question about the numbers.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
So I take it people have 100 health? Why do snipers not one shot kill close up?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

bennisboy wrote:

So I take it people have 100 health? Why do snipers not one shot kill close up?
They do, but only within about 10 feet or so.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
MG3 needs a slight buff.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

SonderKommando wrote:

MG3 needs a slight buff.
Wat, that gun is rape, aim down sights, hold fire for a second, guaranteed kill, especially with magnum ammo.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Shotguns added.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

JohnG@lt wrote:

[url]Shotguns (by popular demand, but mostly because I was playing with them today )

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 … guns-1.jpg

Consistent with the other charts, this is also out to a range of 20 yards. I am not 100% certain that buckshot is affected by magnum ammo so if someone can confirm this it would be great, thanks

If anyone is curious, the pump actions with slugs and magnum ammo are one shot kills to 21.6 meters.
Huh?  I was one shot killing snipers as defense on Valdez from spawn to the attackers sniper peak using the NS2000 with slugs/mag.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

Huh?  I was one shot killing snipers as defense on Valdez from spawn to the attackers sniper peak using the NS2000 with slugs/mag.
Headshots? Max damage at long range from a pump with magnum bullets is 62.5 damage unless you get a headshot. If you weren't getting headshots they were already injured.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-03-31 10:02:43)

-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Sooo a buckshot pump shotty isn't a 1hk from 5 feet, but the m24 is. GG dice.

Got the damage figures for the 40mm?
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

winterkiss24?

I still like my stock AEK-971.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver

The Sheriff wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

MG3 needs a slight buff.
Wat, that gun is rape, aim down sights, hold fire for a second, guaranteed kill, especially with magnum ammo.
eh, i feel like compared to the M60 its just not worth it, but its sooo close to the mg42 i cnat help but use it
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bevo wrote:

Sooo a buckshot pump shotty isn't a 1hk from 5 feet, but the m24 is. GG dice.

Got the damage figures for the 40mm?
No no, it deals 144 damage within 6 yards and dips below 100 after 13.3 yards.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

[url]Shotguns (by popular demand, but mostly because I was playing with them today )

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 … guns-1.jpg

Consistent with the other charts, this is also out to a range of 20 yards. I am not 100% certain that buckshot is affected by magnum ammo so if someone can confirm this it would be great, thanks

If anyone is curious, the pump actions with slugs and magnum ammo are one shot kills to 21.6 meters.
Ahh, also, if you were playing hardcore mode it drops everyones health down to 50. You can one shot kill anyone anywhere on the map with a well aimed slug. This should probably be changed.
-Frederick Bastiat
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
I've fucking had it with the M60. Everybody and his fucking grandmother is running around with that ridiculously overpowered piece of shit gun.

/rant.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Updated again with better/clearer charts.
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

JohnG@lt wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Finray wrote:

What a valid argument

Based on my use with all 3 weapons, my claim remains the same. Even if I'm wrong about the AUG, there is no way the M16 and M416 do the same amount of damage.
Ok, to explain it I guess... The AUG, XM8, M416 and M16A2 all have the same top end damage of 16.7 damage per hit out to a range of six meters. This reflects the fact that they all fire the same NATO standard 5.56mm round. The M416, XM8 and M16A2 rifles are all 'standard' rifles and thus accurate out to a further range. They don't reach their minimum damage of 14.3 damage per hit until 64 meters (I mistakenly substituted yards for meters in the original post but it's close enough as makes little difference). The AUG on the other hand is a bullpup weapon and is therefor deemed less accurate at long range and because it has a shorter barrel, it loses muzzle velocity quicker than the other weapons of the same caliber. It has a bottom end damage of 11.2 damage but it reaches it's bottom end at 42 meters rather than 64. This leads to a steeper drop-off in damage past 6 meters.

So, the XM8, the M416 and the M16A2 all deal the same damage at the same ranges, the only thing that separates them for our purposes is their RPM which is 750, 700 and 800 respectively. Accuracy is not something I deal with as I feel it is mostly on the user to find what works best for themselves.
AUG has shorter barrel? Last time I checked, bullpup basically means shortening the gun by moving the magazine and barrel back to the stock. The Barrel length of the AUG is the same as the m16 in real life.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

What a valid argument

AUG has shorter barrel? Last time I checked, bullpup basically means shortening the gun by moving the magazine and barrel back to the stock. The Barrel length of the AUG is the same as the m16 in real life.
I didn't design the game. Bitch to EA.
-Frederick Bastiat
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
1 thing, your magnum slug shotty thing is wrong. SAIGA is two shot kill at any range really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard