theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6785
Was thinking about it today. Obviously there are many people from many different countries who post on this forum, and each country has its own varieties of food.
Everyone knows about Scotlands taste for the unhealthy food, i.e. the Deep Fried Mars Bar.

But what do you prefer to eat once you come out of a pub or club late at night, or early in the morning?

I have gone through fases. First it was the Famous Donna Keebab, then it was Chicken Pakora, then Chips and Cheese, and now i have just developed a taste for a 12 inch Sub from subway.

do people from Holland eat Pancakes at the end of a night?
do people from America eat Chicago town Pizza at the end of a night?
do the germans here eat frankfurters?
Rosse_modest
+76|6810|Antwerp, Flanders
French fries.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6772|The Hague, Netherlands

do people from Holland eat Pancakes at the end of a night?

well not me lol, depends, there is everthing here what we can eat late at night, chinese, order pizza, fries, stampot met boerenkool ! (forget the last one)

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-04-26 07:19:54)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750
authentic chinese food

i love the o'reilly's irish pub... man their rissotos are awsome. i like to eat pretty much anything at the middle of the night
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6779|Houston, TX
Depends on my locale for late night adventures...

Downtown Houston - Katz's allnighter deli - Matzo ball soup + New York style pastrami on Challah

Clear Lake (Way South Houston) - IHOP, Denny's, Wafflehouse - all the other drunk partypeople and I go for whatever sounds good at the time.

Unfamiliar territory - Whataburger or Taco Cabana

On a side note, I'd like to point out that down here in the south we have NO WHITE CASTLE!!!!  (but boy do we need one)

KJ
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6696|USA
Waffle House at 3am. Good Stuff.....gotta be drunk to eat that shit.....

Edit: In my town....its whatever is 24 hours. Waffle House, IHOP, Denny's......all shitty places....but open 24 hours.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-04-26 07:47:17)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6785
O yes i forgot to mention a good old Chinese!

@Kung Jew - what is the deal with White Castle? we dont have places like White Castle in Scotland (just burger king, McDonalds and KFC). I saw a White Castle in New York when i was there, but forgot to check the place out!

take it everyone has tried Chicken Pakora?
-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6674|Manchester UK
donna kabab wooot or nothing becouse i pass out or the room is spinning
KtotheIMMY
+513|6797
Late at night my choices are limited so it's either Taco Bell or Waffle House... it helps to be intoxicated
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6779|Houston, TX
For all to read:

White Castle.....where to begin. 

This is not a place made great by a movie.  This is a great place they made a movie about.
It matters not if your drunk, stoned, imbibed, or stone cold sober.  White Castle is the pinnacle of unhealthy, fast food. (yeah fack atkins in here)  If you need to complete your night of fun and end it on a food note....Enter White Castle.

I should note that I'm a born and raised Texan.  Mom is a Yankee (Long Island) and Dad is a Port Arthur boy (bring some albuterol).  Down here in the Southern states, there is no White Castle, there isn't even something close enough to compare it to.  But when I go up to New York and I'm out on the town, my night usually ends at White Castle with a stack of sliders and fries.  (don't forget the drink too!)

This place, after a night of inebriation, is like the gods opened the doors to heaven's kitchen and stacked a plate of the best burgers you've ever tasted right in front of your watering mouth.  You don't even have to be drunk for this to be a success. 

To quote Ferris:
"It is so choice. If you get the chance, I highly recommend you pick one up."

To sum up:
White Castle = good

KJ
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6616|MANCHESTERRR
Dog food
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6678
When I was living in texas it would have to have been Taco Cabana, Whataburger or the Porkchop Shack in parking lot.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6678

Kung Jew wrote:

Down here in the Southern states, there is no White Castle, there isn't even something close enough to compare it to.
KJ
you never heard of Krystals.  Just like white castle.  They opened one up about 2 years ago in Killeen.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6855|Belgium

There is only one thing after a party until early morning:

A Turkish pita bar... yummie, with extra garlic sauce (Well that is if you didn't meet someone there, otherwise you wouldn't be going stay till morning at the party).

R
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6779|Houston, TX

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

Down here in the Southern states, there is no White Castle, there isn't even something close enough to compare it to.
KJ
you never heard of Krystals.  Just like white castle.  They opened one up about 2 years ago in Killeen.
Haven't been to Killeen/Bruceville/Eddy area in 10 years. Is it good?  Did they franchise to the southern TX area.  I'll travel that way later this summer (damn it's already summer here). When I do, I'll make it a point to visit there.  Do you remember the Killeen Massacre?  Gave all diners there a bad rep. 

KJ
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6678

Kung Jew wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

KJ
Haven't been to Killeen/Bruceville/Eddy area in 10 years. Is it good?  Did they franchise to the southern TX area.  I'll travel that way later this summer (damn it's already summer here). When I do, I'll make it a point to visit there.  Do you remember the Killeen Massacre?  Gave all diners there a bad rep. 

KJ
i remember.  killeen has gotten pretty big
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

Denny's, because its the only thing open late/early in the morning...although I really need to stop eating it, as my room tends to smell really bad in the morning/afternoon (a bunch of beer and liquor + a meat lover skillet + 8 hours of sleep = foul).

EDIT: they don't have whitecastles here either (da OC).  Whats up with that?  Also, there are always these Sonic Burger commercials, and there's none of those either.  And those shakes look so damn good.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-04-26 09:44:47)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6678
sonic burger all over texas, tell you the truth your not missing out.  Be greatful for In N out
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

yeah In N Out is the best fast food burger I have ever had...anyone coming to Southern Cali or Las Vegas needs to eat there.  You will not be disappointed
BellusEndus
Make love not war
+59|6657|Edinburg
donner kebabs all the way. I had one sober once........what a mistake!
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6742|NL
Subway! ...or isnt that till midnight?

www.subway.com -- 25596 Restaurants In 84 Countries
BillyMack
+5|6665
IN and OUT Burgers are the best!

Doner Kebabs are awesome too, the closest most Americans get unfortunately is the standard Gyro available at most any Greek eatery.

There was a deli in my hometown of Ithaca, NY that was open 24/7.  I used to order this sandwich called the "Chicken T".  Very fresh, soft French Bread smeared with mayo, topped with chicken breast and covered with cheese (swiss & mozz).  They sent this through the oven; when it came out it got topped with shredded lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini, and a little squirt of Italian dressing at my behest.  Now, this wasn't a Quizno-type sandwich where portions are weighed and measured.  This was a massive, 12" concoction of of fresh bread, melted cheese and chicken grease.

hmmmmmm....
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6781|The United Center
i feel like i need to clear something up.  being from chicago and having been to over 40 of the 50 states, no place other than chicago has chicago-style pizza.  theres nothing like a good deep dish from Gino's East (if you're ever in chicago, go there.  the pizza is over an inch thick).

however, at the end of the night, i prefer some good old street meat.  you know those hot dog vendors with the little carts who are always on the street corners?  nothing tastes as good as a hot brat with everything on it.
BillyMack
+5|6665
Holy Shit Gino's East!

2" cornmeal crust, takes like 45 min. to bake on of those beasts.  If you order it with sausage, you don't get it sprinkled on, you get a 17" wheel of sausage...no joke

Giordano's is good too, but Gino's is the bomb.  Also Chicago does the Vienna all-beef franks which are the one of the nation's best dogs...
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6688|Westminster, Colorado
Taco Hell because it's cheap and always open late.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard