Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney
Do you even get points for reviving? I haven't seen any messages come up when I do.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

Yes, 50
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6681|"The Empire"
80 if its a squad member i think.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Sometimes after a short while playing, screen freezes, music plays for a while and then cuts out and I have to kill the game with task manager.. Why?
thats been happening to me ever since the last steam update of bc2... you know where it auto downloads and says 'steam has finished downloading bc2.'  fail fail fail
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

thepilot91 wrote:

Finray wrote:

I just got a +297 marksman headshot with the VSS.
okay so here's the deal , you cant / couldnt atleast last time I played (2 weeks ago or sumthin) get a marksman headshot with any of the "non-boltactions" not in normal nor hardcore mode , I guess since they're not real marksman rifles , but you can get headshot bonus and all the other bonus bonuses .

but again they might have changed it in the patch , btw "non-bolts" still doesn't kill on one headshot ?
If he's hurt already I assume it would count as a headshot kill.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
best round so far, 54-4
12.8kdr or something. 32k points got 28ks worth of bonus points.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5502|America

Vilham wrote:

best round so far, 54-4
12.8kdr or something. 32k points got 28ks worth of bonus points.
What mode were you playing?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK
rush, just me and a mate that got it today, was playing attack, so no camping, just full out attacking as medic, got a killstreak of around 25 at one point.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6834|Missoula, MT
CMDR_Dave has to work towards claymores in Bad Company 2!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

CMDR_Dave wrote:

CMDR_Dave has to work towards claymores in Bad Company 2!
There are no claymores in BC2.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Finray wrote:

I just got a +297 marksman headshot with the VSS.
okay so here's the deal , you cant / couldnt atleast last time I played (2 weeks ago or sumthin) get a marksman headshot with any of the "non-boltactions" not in normal nor hardcore mode , I guess since they're not real marksman rifles , but you can get headshot bonus and all the other bonus bonuses .

but again they might have changed it in the patch , btw "non-bolts" still doesn't kill on one headshot ?
It counts as a headshot kill if you hit them in the head and kill them, it doesn't matter if they're wounded or not. I've done it with sniper rifles, semis, even a nade launcher.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6773|Great Brown North
the garand makes my pants tingle
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5502|America

krazed wrote:

M14 will make you do more than tingle then. Srs headshots are srs.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Blade4509 wrote:

krazed wrote:

It's probably because I suck, but I find I need luck with the M14. Sometimes I'll rape with it, and sometimes it'll seem like the bullets come out miles wide. I guess ping/latency might be to blame, but it's a really on and off gun for me. Though when it's 'on'.... oh it's ON!
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

mtb0minime wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

krazed wrote:

It's probably because I suck, but I find I need luck with the M14. Sometimes I'll rape with it, and sometimes it'll seem like the bullets come out miles wide. I guess ping/latency might be to blame, but it's a really on and off gun for me. Though when it's 'on'.... oh it's ON!
Same with the Garand for me. I use it mainly with the Assault class (cause the AR´s suck balls) and when I play it Medic-style, hanging back a few meters, it´s quite effective. Sucks if there are more than two ppl though.
It seems the Garands hitreg is horribly delayed, like the 3rd shot killed the guy but he runs around for a few more seconds. Ends with me gambling whether to put another round into him or not way too often
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

Jaekus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

It counts as a headshot kill if you hit them in the head and kill them, it doesn't matter if they're wounded or not. I've done it with sniper rifles, semis, even a nade launcher.
I ...know ... what I'm saying is you'll only get the headshot bonus not a marksman headshot since it's not a one-shot-kill.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

So... In case anyone was wondering / Note to self / For future reference:
Using higher explosive damage in conjunction with C4 on the M-Com does indeed affect it. 10 with, 14-16 (actual # unconfirmed) without.

I would also like to bitch that the M95 with magnum bullets should be a one-hit kill, even on non-hardcore. Moreso, I'd like to play something in between regular and hardcore, something that doesn't require an entire magazine to kill, but also something that doesn't make me instantly die repeatedly when spawning on a squadmate. Or y'know, they could let you filter that shit in the server browser
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

thepilot91 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I ...know ... what I'm saying is you'll only get the headshot bonus not a marksman headshot since it's not a one-shot-kill.
Ahhh, I get you now. I didn't know that's how it worked, I thought it was based on range.
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

thepilot91 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Not true. You get the marksman headshot bonus for every sniper rifle including the full auto VSS as long as its a headshot of course.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

zeidmaan wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Not true. You get the marksman headshot bonus for every sniper rifle including the full auto VSS as long as its a headshot of course.
Actually I think I am right and it is based on range. Today I headshot someone on full health (they had spawned recently) with a sniper rifle from relatively close and didn't get any marksmanship points.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5502|America
It is range based. Something that grinds my gears though is the little grace period someone gets after they get revived. I sniped a guy. He got revived, I sniped him again as he was standing still, and he just took it. Then him and the medic proceeded to kill me instead.
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

Jaekus wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Actually I think I am right and it is based on range. Today I headshot someone on full health (they had spawned recently) with a sniper rifle from relatively close and didn't get any marksmanship points.
Of course its also based on range. The farther someone is the more points you get. But what I am saying is that all sniper rifle headshots count as marksman headshots. Bolt action, semi auto and full auto.
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

zeidmaan wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Of course its also based on range. The farther someone is the more points you get. But what I am saying is that all sniper rifle headshots count as marksman headshots. Bolt action, semi auto and full auto.
well I can insure you I played 6 hours IN A FKIN ROW with the other silenced rifle (about 2 weeks ago , before any recent patch ? ) and no matter wheter they where 150+ meters or closer , no marksman bonus , nor hardcore or normal mode ( HC= one headshot kill ) so if they've patched since then , maybe you get marksman bonus for all the rifles... hopefully will be gaming this weeken again and WILL try this out again.
Jaekus
+957|5171|Sydney

zeidmaan wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

I'm sure the rifles all receive the bonus, but I think there is a minimum range before the bonus comes into effect, eg. 100m.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

thepilot91 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Not true. If it's a headshot that kills and it's at long range, it qualifies.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard