thinner44
+1|6805
I've started to use the M95 a lot recently, my stats are by no means great, but it's early days... they could get a lot worse
M95, very very accurate. Plenty of single shot kills to the head even over long distances, even when I can't see a head, i'll go for anything, 3-4 shots to the leg and the guy's down and out.

Farthest shot: Gulf of Oman. I was prone at the 'mall', saw a MEC on the stinger trying to take out a BH, the emplacement was in the middle base on the long stretch of beach, one shot to the head, he's gone.

Best shot: Karkand, oops, i'm in the middle of the road, a Humvee is making a move to run me down, I take aim, one shot he's gone and the Hummer rolls by.

Worst shot: up close and personal, it just doesn't work... too much panic I guess, and by the time I've changed weapons, I'm counting 15... 14... 13...

Best thrills: Sniping the snipers.... reminds me of the film, saving Private Ryan.

Anyhoo, for me the gun is very accurate, so much so, i'm loving it everytime I use it.... my deaths are usually because i'm not looking around before I move on

Any canidates for, best, farthest, worst, thrills ?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6782

thinner44 wrote:

Anyhoo, for me the gun is very accurate, so much so, i'm loving it everytime I use it.... my deaths are usually because i'm not looking around before I move on
I duno what range you're using this at, but the range I'm used to sniping at I cant hit shit with the m95.
thinner44
+1|6805
beeng.
Looking at your great array of Vet badges, looks like you're hitting plenty ... Sometimes, I think it's also the connection, if it's pretty good, you get decent kills at range, if it's bad, you see nothing but dust
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6761
Farthest shot:  Probably on Wake, from near lower-left bridge on island to targets on the USMC spawn sandbar with the artillery.  Took on average three to four shots for a kill.  A waste of ammo, but fun to watch them run around the sandbar looking for who is shooting.
McCullough
+7|6834
First of all the m95 is accurate. but you cant aim directly to the head when sniping at loong range. you have to aim above the head. And when sniping in short range aim for the neck cus of the recoil.
Anyway. My farthest shot ever was a 100% lucky shot. Sharqui,  was MEC and i was near the water tower proned on on the hill and i just throwed away a shot in the TV-station direction withot any particular target, 1-2 sek after i fired the chat bar says. McCulough M95 xxxxxx. i was like. Huh??
I hade killed a USMC who was waiting for the chopper on top of the TV station. This was about 2-3 minutes in the round.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-10-19 06:56:03)

007hutchy
+2|6784
Sorry but theres no better feeling than bringing down a helicopter. As it turns to face you and is about to start blowing the crap out of you i can here the chopper pilot and gunner pissing themselves about the easy kill. Then 'Bang' headshot to the pilot, gunner still firing until Boom ! The chopper explodes into the ground. I love this game.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6792|Barrington, RI
Farthest shot- killed a crane sniper on Sharqi from the hill behind the water tower. 
Best shot(s)- sniping the pilot out of an Mi-28 as it was trying to cap the construction site on sharqi (helo crashed killing the gunner as well.),
sniping an enemy sniper on karkand when he had me in his sights (I killed him right before he could pull the trigger.)
Thrills- picking off the same guy nine times in a row (he was trying his luck at being a sniper and not doing too well.  he told me I was too good at sniping for him)
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6782

thinner44 wrote:

beeng.
Looking at your great array of Vet badges, looks like you're hitting plenty ... Sometimes, I think it's also the connection, if it's pretty good, you get decent kills at range, if it's bad, you see nothing but dust
yeah, because I rarely use the m95... its all about the m24 baby.
I use the m95 in 'special' cases, like sneaking onto an enemy airfield to shoot pilots out of their aircraft.
Double-0-Kills
+1|6838
My favorite shot?

Karkland - I'm USMC and I hear the great MEC WHALE in the air, I see the faint outline of it in the distance as it's moving slowly to complete obscurity in the white of the sky - only the shape remains and is starting to disapear as well, I shoot at helos becuase sometimes others are and my shot blows them up, well... This shot sniped the pilot on total luck - not even able to see the pilot at this point because it had moved out of view.  I see (you killed so and so), then in a little bit I see You kiled (4 other guys)

It was so beautiful I almost started to tear up a bit

That's my longest/best/luckiest shot.

But I DO LOVE to snipe some guy trying to run me over in a humvee that's a GREAT feeling.

Last edited by Double-0-Kills (2005-10-19 08:33:51)

=[4th]=Lynx
+0|6765|Scotland
whos the player thats most played as sniper?   anyone know....
Badcomp
+2|6784|U.S.
I use the M24 in most cases. I just find it more favorable. My farthest has been on Wake map. I spawned on the sandbar with the artie and went prone near the rocks. I was zoomed in looking at the Chinese base (North village?) on the left and watched someone go prone in the bushes waiting on a boat to drive by, oblivious to him. I out the crosshairs over his head and put some lead thru that head. A second or 2 later there was a message from him "where the f*ck were you". 

My luckiest shot was sniping an airplane pilot, while in flight doing a bombig run. I WOULD NEVER be able to do this again even if I tried, but I was MEC and a F-15 pilot on clean sweep was coming in for a bombing run. He was a little low and I was on a hill. He was coming straigt at me (not for me but towards the base). I just shot to shoot not inteding to kill him. Well, I did and his wreckage killed me. Peachy.
He was shocked and was trying to figure out what had happened. I didn't know I had actually killed him till he asked if I was hacking. Then it dawned on me. Was pretty funny when I figured out what had happened.

Last edited by Badcomp (2005-10-19 09:11:46)

<eN>Madcat
+2|6837
i stole on once, i was prone, i aimed at a guys head, bam, bam , bam, bam ,bam, five shots right? during about a time of 30 sec, nothing. WTF?
McCullough
+7|6834
It's totaly and very impossible to snipe a Helo pilot on purpose!!! I have a video somwhere ther i have my crosshair directly on the pilots head within medium range. No bullet drop or something like that. Pulled the trigger and nothing. the guy was hovering very good he was perfectly still and i still didn't manage to kill the darn pilot!  It's impossible to kill any driver in any vehicle while it moves!!! and if you succed to kill a driver it's pure luck!!
thinner44
+1|6805
So there's a few lucky shots and some skilled ones, then there's the 'bam' x5 and not hit anything, I suppose that's possible but try it with your eyes open (jk) don't shoot me . As for vehicle shots, I have to differ from McCullough's opinion (no offence), I've had several perfectly aimed and 'killed' drivers and pilots.

I'm not sure why I've suddeny become profficient at sniping, probably because I never took it seriously enough... and I will try the M24 just to see the results on that. But in my opinion, it's nice to use something that takes a little skill and ingenuity... as opposed* to my 'favourite' DAO-12 that shreds anything standing before it ... red or blue.

=[4th]=Lynx , not sure who it is, but there's lots of peeps that love sniping... I have a helluva long way to go to catch up

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-10-19 10:41:56)

holocost
+1|6783|ireland,cork
my most anoyin kill was in sharqi peninsula when there was this shitty chopper pilot who was hovering all the time. i was up on the crane next to the construction site and i shot him out but when that happened the chopper went out of control and went careering towards me and  i got killed by the propellor
what was even more anoyin was there was a medic next to me but i couldnt be revived

Last edited by holocost (2005-10-19 11:09:56)

holocost
+1|6783|ireland,cork

McCullough wrote:

It's totaly and very impossible to snipe a Helo pilot on purpose!!! I have a video somwhere ther i have my crosshair directly on the pilots head within medium range. No bullet drop or something like that. Pulled the trigger and nothing. the guy was hovering very good he was perfectly still and i still didn't manage to kill the darn pilot!  It's impossible to kill any driver in any vehicle while it moves!!! and if you succed to kill a driver it's pure luck!!
take a chill pill man you can actually shoot out helo drivers but it is difficult and i think you can only do it with the m95 and it takes 2 shots at least if the drive is on full health
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6803
Yeah I only got to shoot a pilot out of a heli once, but that was one shot and very nice to watch... Funny to aim at the heli and see "blablabla+4", next thing you know it's whirling around cause those passengers don't realise their pilot's gone

But normally you would need more than one shot, I tried it pretty often again and always failed, but from time to time I get extra kill points so I know I actually hit him...
Dnamaster
+0|6806|Canada
my best shot....

gulf of oman, im MEC an F35b comes in on a bombing run i aim up, blow his head off, kill him and his bombs kill the 2 freindlys infront of me. i was so amazed...

ive taken out a few chopers wiht it, a few transports, and 2 jets!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6829
best/longest shot:
Wake.. I'm USMC. I'm laying on the arty island. I take aim on a guy sitting in an FAV that is on the main island.. (so far away that I can't even see them unless I'm zoomed in.. and they're really small when zoomed in. I am about 2(real) cm above his head *BOOM HEADSHOT* then I noticed there was another guy in an FAV... I *BOOM headshot* him too.
muiad
+0|6766
What hash mark are you guys using?  The 6, 8 between 6 nad 8?  What?
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

ugh  people still call it Karkland, its Karkand! get your names staright
Gin
+0|6769
the m95 is totally random for me.sometimes 1 shot,down they go,other thimes,5 shots nothing.
best shot,actually aiming for a pilot in a hovering chopper and getting the kill-then the chopper crashing and getting the kill for the gunner.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6805|Marathon, Florida Keys
best shot= blew a bombers head off, "extremely lucky shot" and his plane flys into 2 of his teams tanks.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Mr_Sinistero
+1|6780|Australia
i love using the m95, i take my sniping very seriously, well i try to. and try to follow the way you would do it in real life and only shoot with a confirmed killshot. its cool when a guy runs around a corner or something to hide and he reloads only to get taken down by me hiding somewhere in the distance. best shot i have done lately, i was up on a hill sniping people in an alley and a guy came running out to try and c4 a tank of ours, i hit him in the chest as he was running and killed him in one shot, he went down so real it looked bloody awesome.
thinner44
+1|6805
I was doing a pretty got job at sniping yesterday, I think their commander was getting a little annoyed because, down came the arty just on me..... I felt honoured... oh, and a little dead

=[4th]=SlayThem, that's some impressive shooting

.:ronin:.|Patton, luck will do it as well, still bloody good though

LeGrandAssidomaen , that's funny as hell, I've seen the whirly out of control after a 'one shot kill'... wonder why the passangers don't just hop a seat

Mr_Sinistero , I agree about 'hiding in the distance', somewhere where the reds never look. Most of my shots have been like that

Gin , that can be frustrating, sometimes it works, other times it's just dust

Dnamaster, that took some skill

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard