bt496
+2|5182
Transport Chopper Tips

O.K. This is my first guide so go easy on me. I hope everyone enjoys this!

Overview:

Black Hawk:
The transport heli used by the USMC, SAS, and EU. In place of .50 cal machine guns, it has two M61 Vulcan Rotary Cannons (aka miniguns). It is the transport heli with the lowest profile. It, (like all the other transport helis), has room for five passengers plus one driver.

M-17:
Used by the MEC. Has two .50 cal machine guns on the sides of it. Pretty big, just like the Z-8. It has room for five passengers and one pilot. On a side note, it looks a lot like the helicopter the corrupt admiral sent to pick up the pilot in Behind Enemy Lines. Anyway... On to the Z-8...

Z-8:
Used by the PLA. Pretty much identical to the M-17 characteristically, however, it differs cosmetically from the M-17. I’m pretty sure the maneuverability on these choppers is identical. Has two .50 cal machine guns just like the M-17.

What to do when you’re the pilot:
Use a mike. It greatly enhances communication between the pilot and his crew. YOU and only you are responsible for the people in your transport helicopter. Even though it isn’t counted as a teamkill, it is helpful to tell the passengers, whether by mike or chatbox, that you are planning on bailing over a control point. LEARN HOW TO FLY! At least, you should be able to keep your heli in a stable hover indefinitely. At most, learn how to circle, do barrel rolls, land in tight spaces (to pick up a squad in emergencies), fly between buildings, and just generally evade ground forces.

What to do when you’re a passenger:
No, firing the minigun/.50 cal at nothingness is NOT the answer. Believe it or not, you actually have the capacity to get points while you are in the transport helicopter. If you are flying over a control point that is being defended by friendlies, drop healing and supply packs on it. I tested this idea and found that heal/ammo packs can really be dropped from any height and still be intact on the ground. Now, if you are flying over a control point being attacked by friendlies, what do you do? If you can get your pilot to circle the point, you can target the people that are giving the ground troops the most trouble and give them a healthy dose of minigun/.50cal. Now, one thing I have noticed about the miniguns is that you actually have to lead your target at longer ranges in order to hit them.
Also, try dropping grenades! Everyone knows that holding down your right mouse button gives you a REALLY long throw. Try just clicking the right mouse button. You will just drop the grenade! I also tested this idea, and found that grenades don’t explode until they hit the ground.
Another quick tip, use a mike!!! You can warn your pilot that there is mobile aa, apc, or dpvs and transports with .50cals below you. When you’re the pilot, its a lot more helpful to hear “APC BEHIND US!!!!” Than BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEP (BOOM!) You Were killed by “some random guy in a ground or air vehicle”

I know this was pretty short for a guide, but I just wanted to share some helpful tips about transport helis.
If you have any other tips to add, PM me
THX,
BT496

Last edited by bt496 (2010-03-12 12:53:08)

pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario
Nice guide. It's really practical.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
I like how both of you have been registered for less than 2 months...

Tip: Stay away from .50 cals on the ground.
User007Gamer
???
+21|5953|Dubai, UAE

Trotskygrad wrote:

Tip: Stay away from .50 cals on the ground.
^That^ and try and nick the Black Hawk if you can, that's the only transport heli with decent armament, in my opinion.

Edit: It's also the only transport heli that can do damage to armour.

Last edited by User007Gamer (2010-03-19 04:41:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard