lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

While I detest those who make a career out of government assistance and disability claims I also detest your blanket statement about ' fact '.

Like for example, I have never drawn one dime in any assistance whatsoever. No unemployment draws while I wasn't working before I started my business. Yet my wife wants to apply for food stamps as we are currently in a world of hurt because of the economy and she figures it will take some pressure off me for a while as I regroup. I haven't told her not to.

Am I gonna be a moocher? I have worked full time for 26 years.
Re-read the OP CAREFULLY. and you will be able to answer your own question. I have worked since I was 12, and I can tell you now, if I take from the govt. ( the people) I am mooching. Just because I might not like the label does not make the FACT any less a fact.
Okay, now that's just stupid. troll thing not worth commenting on.

i understand the whole ' driving a point home ' but it helps if you have one to start with.

lowing wrote:

I understand all of this, my point being no one is blamed congress for shit during the bush years they blamed bush. Now, we are gunna split hairs and blame congress. Funny thati s all.
that is either a blatant lie or you are being simple.
THe OP does not say you shouldn't take the hand out. It clearly says take it if you need it, just don't make any bones about what it is you are doing. YOU ARE mooching. You have taken from another by force using the power of govt. to do so. NO real denying that.

Really? I don't remember one thread saying it isn't Bush's fault. It is actually congress' fault.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

lowing wrote:

read this on boortz today... I loved it

"Yup. Got another email yesterday from someone on food stamps. She didn't like the fact that I called people who use food stamps "moochers." She gave me the usual song and dance about how educated she and her husband were, how hard they have worked, how responsible they were, and how unexpected hard times suddenly came upon them. Right, and all of this was supposed to legitimize their mooching.

Look folks .. the food stamps are out there. The program grows every year. If you need them - or you think you need them - to feed your family, then go for it. But while you're at it why don't you admit that you are using the government as an instrument of plunder. You are using the government to do something for you that, if you did it for yourself, would be a criminal act. You are using the government to seize money from someone who earned it and turn it over to you for your personal use. If you're OK with that, well ... what does that say about you? So just do it, stop your whining when you're called out, and enjoy your dinner."

Kinda hard to argue aginst this as the FACT that it is, but  I trust there is some out there that will manage to do it anyway.
I'm pretty sure the computer that sent that email from wasn't purchased with foodstamps.

It should help thru hard times, but if you are using foodstamps so you won't ruin your 401k account, thats just bs.

I dunno, I'd probably would have sold that computer instead of using food stamps...but that's just me.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lowing wrote:

THe OP does not say you shouldn't take the hand out. It clearly says take it if you need it, just don't make any bones about what it is you are doing. YOU ARE mooching. You have taken from another by force using the power of govt. to do so. NO real denying that.
I guess a business that gets a subsidy from the government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess a defense contractor receiving a government contract is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess anyone working for government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I mean, it may be called a subsidy/contract/paycheck but let's cut the bullshit and call it what it is - a redistribution of my wealth to someone else aka a MOOCHER! 
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
through the use of force by the power of the government!
Tu Stultus Es
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

Hate to break the news to you but Obama is going to go down as the worst president in US history. Right behind Jimmy Carter. ( never thought that possible)
nixon?

on the OP, I guess you'd say that anytime ANYONE recieves ANY money from the government they are a moocher (moocher means like you're leaching off someone yeah? It's a new term for me)? Even if like ATG they have worked for decades and paid tazxes and not claimed any before, then you're still trying to sponge off the government yeah?

That's a retarded attitude. What about companies that get tax breaks, banks which recive handouts, defence contractors getting favourable adjustments, and so on? Civil servants? People receiving pensions fom govt? All 'moochers'?

edit: Ken Jennings' post above...missed it but he makes the same point.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-17 12:15:21)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

I guess a business that gets a subsidy from the government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess a defense contractor receiving a government contract is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess anyone working for government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I mean, it may be called a subsidy/contract/paycheck but let's cut the bullshit and call it what it is - a redistribution of my wealth to someone else aka a MOOCHER! 
Wrong, people are getting paid for services that the govt. says it needs. It is not taking something in exchange for nothing.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hate to break the news to you but Obama is going to go down as the worst president in US history. Right behind Jimmy Carter. ( never thought that possible)
nixon?
nixon was a genius with foreign affairs. the only western leader to be received by mao in beijing. the worst us president was andrew johnson.

obama won't be worst because he hasn't done anything yet. unless, upholding bush'es policies count . . .
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

burnzz wrote:

nixon was a genius with foreign affairs.
vietnam? watergate? when I think of bad presidents those two things come to mind...and the Bushes. And Reagan too. But Nixon I've always thought of as the worst. But, whatever...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

ruisleipa wrote:

burnzz wrote:

nixon was a genius with foreign affairs.
vietnam? watergate? when I think of bad presidents those two things come to mind...and the Bushes. And Reagan too. But Nixon I've always thought of as the worst. But, whatever...
Lrn2US History.

Watergate was because of pure paranoia.

Vietnam was because of LBJ, Nixon pulled out and Kissinger implemented "vietnamzation."

You must admit opening up China to the US was a good thing as well, and Nixon did that.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

Lrn2US History.
aye, I bow to your superior knowledge in this field, no problems.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
Those who accept food stamps should act a bit more grateful, but they should also stop being bitched at and blamed for the plight of your economy. It should be both ways. Be thankful to have help, but also be grateful you are helping others.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

lowing wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wrong, people are getting paid for services that the govt. says it needs. It is not taking something in exchange for nothing.
" That the government says it needs..."

Government contracts are, geez dude, the company you worked for in iraq probably got their contract because the owner bribed a government worker, who are you kidding?

At every return the civil servants take every penny they can from us. Too bad you missed my pencil op; I deleted it becuase there is a majority of douchebags that post in my threads who do not address the points put forward. The government says it needs stuff and the tax payer gets gouged for three times what it should cost and then,

They have drones like you who go out and say those who need services are moochers, the lot of them.

Way to destroy years of advocation for you, my respect and all that.

You're a fucking moocher for working for a company that received tax dollars to service war machines. Your retirement is built on mooching, the roof over your head has shingles made of mooch.

Seriously dude.

If you want to expand the appeal of conservative politics try to not sound so vapid, short sighted and insulting.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

ATG wrote:

If you want to expand the appeal of conservative politics try to not sound so vapid, short sighted and insulting.
holy shit now I'm confused...I agree with ATG...the world is doomed.
13rin
+977|6449
Last time I saw food stamps used, the obese lady fumbling through her Coach purse first pulled out a her Lexus key/key ring and set it on the pay station.  I was stunned that she even found them as she still had her Verace sunglasses on.  She stayed on her cellular phone the entire time.  I couldn't figure out how she held the phone in her 3 inch graphically designed fingernails.  All I could think is "what a piece of shit."
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
So lowing if you ever hit hard times, got laid off or whatever, you wouldn't get foodstamps, unemployment, or any of those other government programs?

Last edited by Narupug (2010-03-17 13:03:48)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

The person in the email needs to stop explaining herself to lowing.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Last time I saw food stamps used, the obese lady fumbling through her Coach purse first pulled out a her Lexus key/key ring and set it on the pay station.  I was stunned that she even found them as she still had her Verace sunglasses on.  She stayed on her cellular phone the entire time.  I couldn't figure out how she held the phone in her 3 inch graphically designed fingernails.  All I could think is "what a piece of shit."
Food stamps look exactly like a debit card here in FL. You'd have to really be paying attention to notice.
https://i41.tinypic.com/288uyrk.gif
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Irony at the fact that government workers are the biggest moochers there are and Lowing works for companies that do government contracts.
13rin
+977|6449

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Food stamps look exactly like a debit card here in FL. You'd have to really be paying attention to notice.
http://i41.tinypic.com/288uyrk.gif
Yea..  That and I asked the teller after she left (bag boy in tow to load her ho-ho's into her car)
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Benzin
+576|5968
John, I am not saying that the House is any less corrupt than the Senate or ear marks are the turn of a new society, but it is at least a start.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

" That the government says it needs..."

Government contracts are, geez dude, the company you worked for in iraq probably got their contract because the owner bribed a government worker, who are you kidding?

At every return the civil servants take every penny they can from us. Too bad you missed my pencil op; I deleted it becuase there is a majority of douchebags that post in my threads who do not address the points put forward. The government says it needs stuff and the tax payer gets gouged for three times what it should cost and then,

They have drones like you who go out and say those who need services are moochers, the lot of them.

Way to destroy years of advocation for you, my respect and all that.

You're a fucking moocher for working for a company that received tax dollars to service war machines. Your retirement is built on mooching, the roof over your head has shingles made of mooch.

Seriously dude.

For your and others weak comparison to be true, you must add cops, air traffic controllers,FAA, NTSB, EPA, OSHA officals, postal workers, service personnel all under your bullshit criteria. Working for the govt. or on behalf of the govt. IS STILL WORKING. these people are giving up skill, time, and life for a paycheck regardless as to who has hired them.

THis bullshit argument was weak when you pulled it before and it is still weak now. It does not compare to taking from someone else without giving anything in return IE mooching.

I am not appealing to anyone, I am stating a fact.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-17 14:32:50)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Narupug wrote:

So lowing if you ever hit hard times, got laid off or whatever, you wouldn't get foodstamps, unemployment, or any of those other government programs?
I have been laid off and what I got was another fuckin job. GIve it a shot.

Also unemployment is not a handout, it is insurance that you purchase.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

ATG wrote:

Irony at the fact that government workers are the biggest moochers there are and Lowing works for companies that do government contracts.
Sorry ATG, I work fora living, regardless as to who is paying me for my services, be it the govt. or the airline. I have a skill that is marketable and I sell. Simple as that.

Don't be a hater
Chou
+737|6761

lowing wrote:

Could you run this bit by me again?

As I understand you work freelance? and it might be a bit different for you than the factory employee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

I have been laid off and what I got was another fuckin job. GIve it a shot.

Don't you have to demonstrate that you are actively looking for employment if you receive foodstamps? Have you been laid off in THIS economy? There are millions fighting over a few jobs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard