Heffty
+9|6738|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
On average I am noticing that commander scores are between 30-70 points. I rarely see anyone above 100 which makes me wonder how the heck to get that 50 points before *2. I understand there have been numerous posts on how to get commander points, but I don't think it is helping all that much. Fact is, unless people play in squads and work together the commanders hands aren't going to score big. I find it difficult to find servers with more than one squad actually working together.
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

i have 767 commander points. its not hard to get them.
Riot.JumPeR
+0|6753
my commander points is around 6,000 points

Last edited by Riot.JumPeR (2005-10-18 16:01:20)

The_Truth_16
+0|6759
my commander points is prety high,  its all about hitting your target, and anticipating the movement of the enemy when using artillery
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6778
But Heffty is right, it's almost impossible to get 50 command points before the round ends (and your team wins).
I guess he's referring to the staff officer ribbon. Lucky me to have gotten it before the patch...

Last edited by LeGrandAssidomaen (2005-10-18 16:44:06)

tr1ce
+0|6750|St. Aug, FL
That's because the commander score is the team average.  You only have a good score if your team does.  The only way I could get that staff officer ribbon was for me to command was to play on the US side at Mashturr City.  Our team blackhawk whored the whole game and I ended up with with a score of 60+ before the 2x bonus.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6745|NRW,Germany
I got it after the patch and even on a public server. But I had three squads made of clan players who worked perfect together.
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6740
i have had plenty 100+ round as commander. Try Wake Island. my FAV3R1te

[img]http://bf2s.com/player/43972947/] https://bf2s.com/player/43972947/awards.jpg

Last edited by (EWC)Zenine (2005-10-18 17:01:18)

IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6765|Canberra, Australia
I average about 30 points prior to x2...

I never seem to get good working teams and teams that always seem to say no to requests...
r00fus
+2|6762
i have a few commander points, play on a 32 man server thats on a 64 player map.

Last edited by r00fus (2005-10-18 17:54:58)

dan500
+57|6818
Befor the patch i use to get 100+ (b4 2x) now im getting 50 ish
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

My overall commander points are low... I don't care, I never play commander.  No one ever does what you tell them, and so you can't really use strategy.  All you end up doing is firing arty and setting up uavs... and thats it.  boring as hell if you ask me.
stefano74
+0|6759|Modena - Italy
I had about 100 pts before 2x different times running commander role. The "trick" is to find out servers with 64 size map and 20 to 32 players cap so the match will be longer and commander will have more chance to gain points.
dan500
+57|6818

stefano74 wrote:

I had about 100 pts before 2x different times running commander role. The "trick" is to find out servers with 64 size map and 20 to 32 players cap so the match will be longer and commander will have more chance to gain points.
Yep, i was in a 64 man sever once, was about 20 or so people in there, i was comm', got a score of 130+ (b4 2x) i was just C4ing a flag, a lot of C4 kills that day + my Staff Officer Ribbon XD
midgetspy
+3|6799
Contrary to the BS you see spewed about by most people in this thread, commander points have nothing to do with kills (artillery or otherwise), nor are they the team average. I don't know what exactly how they're calculated, but they are definitely neither of those things.

Nic
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6794|St. Louis, MO
I've gotten over 100 points as commander not even leaving the command screen for entire rounds.Just issue orders that people will follow.Pretty much anyting that gets them points and dosn't send them to a bloodbath.If they don't go were you say order them to where they were going anyway and just spot constantly.People tend to do whatever the hell they want. Just keep them informed and supplied and hope your team dosn't suck.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

I've gotten over 100 points as commander not even leaving the command screen for entire rounds.Just issue orders that people will follow.Pretty much anyting that gets them points and dosn't send them to a bloodbath.If they don't go were you say order them to where they were going anyway and just spot constantly.People tend to do whatever the hell they want. Just keep them informed and supplied and hope your team dosn't suck.
That about sums it up!  LOL! 
88mm
+8|6777
I have 4,537 commander points. I have the Vet Commander Badge and the Staff Officer Ribbon.

You get the badge and ribbon by playing 30-45 minute rounds. You can not hope to get them by playing a "normal" round of 20 minutes.

I always find a hiding place and stay in the Commander Screen Mode throughout the round. In this way u can respond immediately to requests for UVA and supplies.

Besides supply drops, the best way to help your team is to do scans and tell where enemy units are (or where they are heading). Belive me, a warning from the Commander can save a win for a team.

Make sure not to drop artillery on friendly units. That pisses them off. It's part of the skill of being a commander. It is better to simply avoid a contested area than risk TKs. You don't get points from artillery kills (but the kills do count in your totals).

Use the mic to warn of incoming artillery and enemy units.

A good commander can drop supplies in the right places. My record is 58 points before 2x. Drop supplies on snipers that need ammo and tanks that need repair.

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
[FCP]Drew
+0|6736
433 in one round after 2x . this was before the patch. The trick low population server (i think there was approx 8 on each team on a 64 player map) with both teams chopper whoring. You get a point for each time your team takes an enemy flag or when you spot someone that your team kills. I think the game went for around 2 hours.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763

88mm wrote:

I have 4,537 commander points. I have the Vet Commander Badge and the Staff Officer Ribbon.

You get the badge and ribbon by playing 30-45 minute rounds. You can not hope to get them by playing a "normal" round of 20 minutes.

I always find a hiding place and stay in the Commander Screen Mode throughout the round. In this way u can respond immediately to requests for UVA and supplies.

Besides supply drops, the best way to help your team is to do scans and tell where enemy units are (or where they are heading). Belive me, a warning from the Commander can save a win for a team.

Make sure not to drop artillery on friendly units. That pisses them off. It's part of the skill of being a commander. It is better to simply avoid a contested area than risk TKs. You don't get points from artillery kills (but the kills do count in your totals).

Use the mic to warn of incoming artillery and enemy units.

A good commander can drop supplies in the right places. My record is 58 points before 2x. Drop supplies on snipers that need ammo and tanks that need repair.
Amen to that and what just about everyone else has said.  Find a large server that's just got the minimum to play a round and if your team's actually doing stuff, you'll rake in the points.  Oh and make sure they aren't time limited.  Wake is good and so's Operation Clean Sweep.

You don't score points for normal stuff like shooting, capping flags or teamwork stuff so leave that to the rest of your team but on these maps it's sometimes useful to be an engy and repair your assets if they get blown up - your team is more use capping flags and shooting the enemy.

My record is 183 (after 2x) and I had a 168 (after 2x) too.   Got my basic engineer and basic engy combat badges on the 168 game   Trouble is the server I did those on is now limited to 40 minutes.  These both took about 75-90 minutes.
Heffty
+9|6738|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anyone know a server with a high time or tickets so I have a chance of getting this ribbon. I've been playing for 4 days now and the closest I got was 40 before x2.

I also am trying to get my helicopter badge. Do I have to get 19 kills flying the chopper or can I get some of those 19 shooting people in the gunner position.

Last edited by Heffty (2005-10-19 09:54:44)

[AH]Cil3r
+0|6815
If you're trying for the Helo badge, you just need to be in a Helo for a grand total of 10 minutes for the round, it's the same as getting the transport and armor badges.

Now if you're talking the ribbons or medals, that's a different story.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6778

Heffty wrote:

Anyone know a server with a high time or tickets so I have a chance of getting this ribbon. I've been playing for 4 days now and the closest I got was 40 before x2.

I also am trying to get my helicopter badge. Do I have to get 19 kills flying the chopper or can I get some of those 19 shooting people in the gunner position.
Hmm...look for 64 player servers with only a few players on it. They will capture a lot of flags and won't die too often.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard