Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I suck at BFBC2.
There, I said it.
I can man up and admit it.

A lot of it comes down to the total newness of everything, which bascially means I have no fucking clue as to what I'm trying to do other than stay alive, but even that doesn't happen very much.

I'm so used to playing BF2 (a game where I no longer suck and in fact can kick quite a lot of arse) that my play style and control setup feel weird.

[/long winded intro]

1) How do I spot troops, just normally? (Q obviously doesn't do anything like that anymore)

2) Is running unlimited, or is there a point where you get tired?

3) Is there a way to not get servers from other countries in my server list? Being in Australia I don't want to play on Euro or US servers when my ping will obviously be a lot higher, but I have to wait about a minute everytime I search for a server - in BF2 I could simply enter a max ping and search, join a server in < 5 seconds...

3a) ...also, when I search only there are apparently 97 AU servers, but when I search using the in-game menu only about 6 show up... what's up with that?

4) I know it's early days still but is there some noob guide out there for me to read so I can play this game and actually feel like I have half a clue.

Admittedly I've only played 9 rounds and haven't had a chance to try every game mode or every map.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
1) How do I spot troops, just normally? (Q obviously doesn't do anything like that anymore)
Yeah it does. Just aim at them and spam Q until you see the little red triangle. Can be temperamental though.

2) Is running unlimited, or is there a point where you get tired?
If there is it is very, very long

3) Is there a way to not get servers from other countries in my server list? Being in Australia I don't want to play on Euro or US servers when my ping will obviously be a lot higher, but I have to wait about a minute everytime I search for a server - in BF2 I could simply enter a max ping and search, join a server in < 5 seconds...

3a) ...also, when I search only there are apparently 97 AU servers, but when I search using the in-game menu only about 6 show up... what's up with that?
Bear in mind server browser is broken. But add a couple of us and you'll have a better chance of getting in a good AUS server. [shameless clan server spruik]
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

1) Hit Q when you're looking at someone. Doesn't always work, in fact I'd say 20%.

2) AFAIK, yes.

3) It sucks. Just look for 3FL, AU, GA, I saw wwb right down the arse end. Filters do jack shit, in fact enabling PB can return no servers for me

3a) It sucks.

4) http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=135255 Not definitive but its the only one I know of.

Spark wrote:

But add a couple of us and you'll have a better chance of getting in a good AUS server. [shameless clan server spruik]
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=135814

Last edited by Cheez (2010-03-14 05:19:59)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Sweet, thanks guys. I'll be sure to add some of you when next I'm at home and online.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I found this page with a weapons unlock guide for those interested.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard