BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6766
http://wap.myfoxny.com/w/main/story/9820695/

What a stupid idea.

Any decent chef knows you need salt when preparing meals; salt destabilises flavour molecules. I trust a chef to administer salt appropriately.

If this guy is serious he would look at reducing salt in fast food & prepared microwave meals.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5161
I blame fat people.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
There really is far too much salt in packaged foods. Chefs (note: this does not include people who assemble burgers at McDonalds) should be able to do whatever they want though.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Another example of political hacks wasting breath on policy nobody wants or cares about when there are a host of real issues that need fixing.
I cannot think of a single recipe that is 100% salt free, and it s one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6766

ATG wrote:

I cannot think of a single recipe that is 100% salt free, and it s one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
And there is nothing wrong with that. Salt, like anything, should be used in moderation. Your body needs salt.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
More important in New York at present is this. A wholesale ban on salt is, as you've all pointed out, completely moronic and quite frankly unfeasible.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Salt doesn't kill people. People kill people.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Lack of soduim ions will kill a human fairly quickly...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Or...here's an idea...people can control their OWN intake of salt.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
I recall reading somewhere that as long as you drink enough water, high sodium diets won't affect you or something like that.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5992|Truthistan
They need to ban salt in frozen foods and tv dinner and crap like that because companies are simply dumping salt into the food because its cheap and it adds weight to the product.... "look this dinner is a full 8 ozs." says the hapless consumer.

As far as dining out... ban the MSG... leave the salt alone.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
lol, Why don't they just ban meat while they're at it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

DrunkFace wrote:

lol, Why don't they just ban meat while they're at it.
You don't think that would be next? The militant vegans of the world won't be happy until every cow, pig and chicken is freed from the unnecessary slaughter they are faced with.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6624|Canada

FEOS wrote:

No they cant.

People cant seem to control their intake of sugar, fat, carbs, protein, salt, or alcohol anymore....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Diesel_dyk wrote:

They need to ban salt in frozen foods and tv dinner and crap like that because companies are simply dumping salt into the food because its cheap and it adds weight to the product.... "look this dinner is a full 8 ozs." says the hapless consumer.

As far as dining out... ban the MSG... leave the salt alone.
Their problem for being complete idiots.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Salt is also a great preservative.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

destruktion_6143 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No they cant.

People cant seem to control their intake of sugar, fat, carbs, protein, salt, or alcohol anymore....
exactly.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ … ar-kessler

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-13 00:45:23)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

destruktion_6143 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No they cant.

Yes they can.

It's just a matter of strength and will. Cooking at home is a step one.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No they cant.

Yes they can.

thats the point innit, many people find it easier to eat at McD than cook at home, don't have the will or inclination to eat healthily, can't cook, or don't know what it means to have a balanced diet.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

No they cant.

Yes they can.

thats the point innit, many people find it easier to eat at McD than cook at home, don't have the will or inclination to eat healthily, can't cook, or don't know what it means to have a balanced diet.
That's their own fault really. Kinda like kids who do shit in school who don't bother to study.
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

That's their own fault really. Kinda like kids who do shit in school who don't bother to study.
yeah to an extent it is, but if you grow up in a family where your mum and dad feed you sausages and chips 7 days a week it's kinda hard to start eating 5 portions of fruit a day y'know? Plus it's cheaper to eat shit processed food than fresh food a lot of the time, so poor people and the uneducated tend to be more unhealthy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

No they cant.

Yes they can.

I cook at home a lot. I also use salt in almost everything I cook.
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

DrunkFace wrote:

I cook at home a lot. I also use salt in almost everything I cook.
yeah exactly but you choose how much to put in your food. if you go out to eat or buy ready-made meals they often have a lot of salt in them already and then people often add even more, so you end up with shitloads of salt in your food...which isn't very healthy obviously.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

ruisleipa wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

yeah to an extent it is, but if you grow up in a family where your mum and dad feed you sausages and chips 7 days a week it's kinda hard to start eating 5 portions of fruit a day y'know? Plus it's cheaper to eat shit processed food than fresh food a lot of the time, so poor people and the uneducated tend to be more unhealthy.
I'd pay whatever I can to keep myself healthy. You can keep healthy too if you drink a shit load of water and exercise.
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

I'd pay whatever I can to keep myself healthy. You can keep healthy too if you drink a shit load of water and exercise.
aye well good for you! There's more to being healthy than drinking lots of water and exercising though - if you did that and still ate only three big macs a day and nothing else I'm not sure you'd end up that healthy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard