ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6629|H3ITWP
Hey all I've been away from Battlefield for awhile and I was just wondering,since this game has been out for several years,how is it today?is it still being played alot?I wanted to get back into it but if Im just going to be frustrated by empty servers,and a crappy playing experience I won't bother.So just let me know what you guys think the state of BF2 is today.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

its in the top 5
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP

SEREMAKER wrote:

its in the top 5
I'm assuming you mean top 5 PC right?
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6129|Dublin
tis still the shiz mate, BF2 was the first online game I have ever played (and only) and I still love it 2 bits 2 years later man!!! your just playing in the wrong servers! Check out my 24/7 Daqing - 85.236.101.63:16867

BF2 till death (or BF3 )
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
BF2 is very alive, or else many of us wouldn't be here.  Karkand I/O servers probably receive most of the traffic, but you'll still get 24/7 Wake servers, and other rotating map servers.

Start playing again--you won't regret it.  You'll probably remember you're old experiences from playing.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
BF2 still has many populated servers, and nowadays, you can get lucky and find a server with your favorite map. If it happens to be the ever-popular Karkand, you're in luck, tons of those about.

Plenty of clans still play, they have their own servers. Basically, no rules servers are your best bet, unless you detest being spawn camped. This happens in every FPS, but it's rather brutal in BF2 if your team is poor.

Some things to know:

-J10s dominate just about everything. There have been fables all over the Web that they've bested this beast. Expect a lot of

Pilot [J10] Poor sap.

-There are crap servers. Immature admins that whip up rules on the fly whilst being owned should be avoided. In time, you'll determine for yourself which servers to stay away from. Servers with very few rules are best. 24/7 servers are great if you really love that map. Make sure you get a ping of 50 or less. Anything more, and your shots will probably disappear in cyberspace.

-Practice using the vehicles in Single-Player. Operation Clean Sweep is the only SP (single-player) map with bomber jets, the Su-39 (MEC) and F-15 (USMC). Zatar Wetlands, Dalian Plant, Daqing Oilfields, Dragon Valley have attack helicopters.

-Alt-F4 only boots you to the desktop. Not sure if you know this or not, but better clued in than booted out. Many will say Alt-F4 gives weapon unlocks, cheats, special powerups, all false.

-You'll find many things have changed if you left early in the series.

It's improbable to fire in mid-air. I think it's possible, but it could be just lag that gives the illusion of people firing their guns in mid-jump.

The F35 has been nerfed to oblivion, any newbie in a J10 can take out an equally newbie player in an F35.

Blackhawk minguns aren't as effective as before. Atm, they're just little decorations, only good at a stationary position, and for alerting the enemy of your presence. They're equal to the other cheap transport helis' guns, but I've had times when the gun on the BH proved deadly against APCs/AAVs. You have to be lucky.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

As Cyrax-Sektor said (not sure which robot said it tho):

the J10 can be handled like a 'flying razor blade of doom' against anything else which feels like a washing machine with cardboard wings.

the black hawk mini guns are worse then useless, unless you've landed the black hawk at which point they become okay, but your immobile and an easier target

and the noob kit of choice is the medic with g36e, easily the strongest kit choice as it's just a self healing assault class, with a better gun, and the ability to get more points through revives and heals.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5906|CANADA

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Hey all I've been away from Battlefield for awhile and I was just wondering,since this game has been out for several years,how is it today?is it still being played alot?I wanted to get back into it but if Im just going to be frustrated by empty servers,and a crappy playing experience I won't bother.So just let me know what you guys think the state of BF2 is today.
You put spaces after periods and commas.
Example:
BF2 is less popular than before, but it remains in the top 5. Yay!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Cyrax summed it up, with the exception of tard nade spammers, suicide bombers (aka, snipers) and IO if you really cant handle an AT kit.
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6092|West Aus
Just play as a light amour kit an knife as many wankers as you can. Good as it ever was.
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP

The_Lance_117 wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Example:
At least I used correct spelling.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

The_Lance_117 wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Example:
Shut up.
#rekt
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

The_Lance_117 wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Example:
Okay Mr Perfect;

The_Lance_117 wrote:

o noes
You're supposed to use capital letters and periods in sentences.
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6389
Unfortunately, at least in North America almost every server runs infantry only karkand. It's really sad, as Karkand was one of the worst maps ever >.> 

If you take a look at peoples stats from about a year ago and on, it's all karkand.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5932|Sheffield
To be honest, If i was asking the same question, i wouldnt even bother. I dont know why after coming back to bf2 from 5 months myself. But it's going to piss you off one or another whether its by them hackers spawn campers bhoppers (yes i do bhop - care?) base rapers owners '2 leet for wookie' players cought twoblacklines. cought ghey, then its not worth it. BF2 is still a great game and can be sometimes good fun to play but 70% of the time it will piss you off. I guess you could say about every fps game but really bf2 is probably the worst for it. By all means come back nad play bf2, it's always good to see an old player on a server. But don't say i didn't warn ya.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965
To the people who said that the J10 is overpowered and the F35 sucks.

F35 > J10 unless in a 1 Vs 1. Learn how to use the F35 and it's a much better jet than the J10. Being able to dodge missiles is just one perk of the J10, the F35 beats it in many fields and after 10~ hours of seriously learning how to use the jet, you'll be able to kill anyone in the F35.

Counteracting the G36E can be pretty easy, I generally use cover whenever I come across a pack of medics, kill the first and work around your kit with the E spammers that come to revive/kill you. IE: use SRAW to make sure he can't be revived if AT. Use the pump shotty and evade their spam if Engi. Nub tub the reviver if Assault.

BF2 is still a great game, and as soon as you learn to kill anyone who thinks they're great because they use a J10/Can do spins in a chopper. You'll enjoy your game much more.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its in the top 5

you don't let anything get by you, do you
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP

SEREMAKER wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its in the top 5

you don't let anything get by you, do you
Haha no I'm so astute.Thanks for all the responses guys,I played religiously,but my only means was at an Internet gaming center and sadly my economic situation wasnt too great.But I have a laptop now.So ill be back.Any other issues thats going on that I should know?
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6661
There is the Infantry Only game mode.

Instead of big vehicles and artillery blowing you up. There is just massive grenade and claymore spamming. Also claymores are invulerable to any form of attack and damage and usually friendly fire off, also lasts for 2 minutes even after the player is dead.

Almost everyone is medic and wanking their G36E. It is a good gun but so many people wanking it makes it feel overused. I prefer the default weapons to the G36E in certain situations.

J10 and the Mig-29 does dominate the air, it is better than the F-35 in anyway shape or form. Though both are very capable jets, just the fact the J10 and Mig-29 maneuvers much better making it impossible to get hit by the F-35 but in turn the F-35 can be blown away with missiles that never miss.

More than half the servers are karkand only which makes it a one map game. And what makes karkand so good? The open streets that promote massive grenade spam? Maybe revives are easy to come by as there are open roads which medics can easily spot you? Maybe the only good part of karkand is the first flag. The alley ways are perfect for claymore spam and grenade artillery, don't forget the obvious spawn points that can be easily camped, so easy they give you cover and sight of up to two spawns at the same time. Might as well put a pill box over the god damn thing.
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP
Bumped because I haven't actually returned until now. I still need to finish installing SpecOps/EF/AF, and I still need to get a mouse for my laptop, but I really am going to be playing again. I FREAKING LOVE AND MISSED THIS GAME!!!!

/pointless post
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Tbh I think numbers have increased since BC2 release.

Also before you freak out, patch 1.5 is only incremental. You'll need 1.41 installed first.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

DrunkFace wrote:

Tbh I think numbers have increased since BC2 release.

Also before you freak out, patch 1.5 is only incremental. You'll need 1.41 installed first.
and it contains EF/AF in the patch itself , since they got free for all since 1.5 Blackhawk miniguns rule again and the f35 is quite equal to the nerfed j10 now still love this game
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP
I bought the Complete Collection. It had all of the expansions in it, I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Will my version of the game be up to date, since I just installed it last night?
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

I bought the Complete Collection. It had all of the expansions in it, I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Will my version of the game be up to date, since I just installed it last night?
after installing bf2 (and sf) , install the 1.41 patch ( included) THEN you install 1.5 , no need to install the boosterpacks since they are included in the latest patch
ExquisiteDeth86
+16|6629|H3ITWP
I've been having trouble finding where to install SF. Any tips?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard