JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5141|Between your mama's legs.
Are there any infantry only servers out there yet?  Are the servers that customization yet?

I played Infantry only servers in BF2, and ready to do so in BC2
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
There's really no need at all. Armor is not the king of the battlefield that it used to be and choppers are easily shot down.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
I still think it should be an option. Personally I never really like using the vehicles unless they are transport. Just wondering : )
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

JadedDope wrote:

I still think it should be an option. Personally I never really like using the vehicles unless they are transport. Just wondering : )
Then don't use them. They aren't necessary. I'd say a good half of the rounds I'm in, the tanks are left behind in the uncap because no one feels like driving them out. The days of people lining up for the tanks is long gone.

There's so many places to spawn now that vehicles are rather useless.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.

JohnG@lt wrote:

JadedDope wrote:

The days of people lining up for the tanks is long gone.
Uhhh, Idk, I still see plenty of my teammates back at the RU deployment spawn waiting on the chopper. like 4-5 players to
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

JadedDope wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

JadedDope wrote:

The days of people lining up for the tanks is long gone.
Uhhh, Idk, I still see plenty of my teammates back at the RU deployment spawn waiting on the chopper. like 4-5 players to
Then play on different servers.
-Frederick Bastiat
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
your not helping...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

JadedDope wrote:

your not helping...
Don't expect me to. I played 90% of the time on I/O servers in BF2 and there's zero need for it in BC2.
-Frederick Bastiat
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
There may be no "need" for a Infantry only server but, that is just your opinion.  I am interested in playing on a server with no vehicles, my opinion. With the dedicated servers I am sure I'm not the only one with the idea of Infantry only.

Sooooooo...

Anyone have a different opinion on the matter?

Last edited by JadedDope (2010-03-09 16:53:52)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
No, no one has a different opinion on the matter because John is right.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

JadedDope wrote:

I am interested in playing on a server with no vehicles, my opinion
i dont think an interest counts as an opinion?

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

* You may post 9 seconds ago

Last edited by krazed (2010-03-10 08:20:11)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
why?  are you allergic to the engineer kit?  tanks are a joke with the tracer darts (now that i know how they work) and the chopper is susceptible to tracers as well. 

i guess i just dont see why IO is necessary
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
GullyFoyle
+25|5357

JadedDope wrote:

Are there any infantry only servers out there yet?  Are the servers that customization yet?

I played Infantry only servers in BF2, and ready to do so in BC2
Only Squad Rush is infantry only.  That's only max 8 players.
There are currently no server customizations other than hardcore, friendly fire, and certain hud elements.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

Dont worry Jaded, not everyone on this forums is an elitist prick...

As to your question, I dont think there are any ranked IO servers. For that you will have to look for unranked or moded servers. But since there are no mod tools and probably wont be any, I guess you will have to hope for unranked IO servers. But I have no idea if there is even an option for unranked IO.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

zeidmaan wrote:

Dont worry Jaded, not everyone on this forums is an elitist prick...

As to your question, I dont think there are any ranked IO servers. For that you will have to look for unranked or moded servers. But since there are no mod tools and probably wont be any, I guess you will have to hope for unranked IO servers. But I have no idea if there is even an option for unranked IO.
So John was right?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
Thanks GullyFolye and Zeidmann for something other than a flame/stupid remark. Hopefully they add more server customization to server Admins.

I'm not a COD fanboy, I just don't like vehicles. So don't reply "Go play COD or something nub"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
IO was AIDS in BF2, we don't need it in BC2.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

tbh we dont need AIDS anywhere not just in BC2....

But beeing friendly does not mean supporting AIDS....
steelie34
pub hero!
i wasnt trying to be rude in my response, but it just baffles the mind that so many people would want to change a game because it doesn't fit their preferences.  my advice is to find another game, and i say that in all seriousness, no sarcasm or attitude at all.  if you hate vehicles, just destroy them!  you have all the necessary equipment at your disposal, and it is very satisfying to take down a full apc with an AT rocket or mine.  then you can go back to fighting all the infy battles.

it reminds me of all the l33t bf2 pr0 heli pilots who would only play on servers with ridiculous rules about 'jets cant attack helis" etc.  aka servers with training wheels.

Last edited by steelie34 (2010-03-10 12:03:42)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

what would an Australian know about gaming?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

UAV and mortars are so boring without vehicles.  They tend to stay in place more often, unlike infantry.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.

steelie34 wrote:

i wasnt trying to be rude in my response, but it just baffles the mind that so many people would want to change a game because it doesn't fit their preferences.  my advice is to find another game, and i say that in all seriousness, no sarcasm or attitude at all.  if you hate vehicles, just destroy them!  you have all the necessary equipment at your disposal, and it is very satisfying to take down a full apc with an AT rocket or mine.  then you can go back to fighting all the infy battles.

it reminds me of all the l33t bf2 pr0 heli pilots who would only play on servers with ridiculous rules about 'jets cant attack helis" etc.  aka servers with training wheels.
Steelie, I like the game...I actually really like it compared to some of the other Battlefield games, and seems much more balanced at launch. I'm not saying that they should take all the games back and burn them to hell because the game "SUCKS" and "ONLY SUPER NOOBS PLAY". Its just player preference like you said, its ok to have a preference and to change the game more to your liking. Dedicated servers are and have always been controlled by the server admin which is usually able to control what goes on the server.

Its not that it is hard to destroy a vehicle or because I get "spawn raped" by them. I was just wondering if there is/will be IO servers. I don't see how that "baffles the mind" of anyone.
steelie34
pub hero!
i understand altering some rules to keep the game enjoyable for both casual and hardcore gamers.  rules like no baseraping or spawnkilling keeps the game fun for a lot of people.  i can also understand (not agree with) IO mode in bf2.  in the hands of skilled players, the vehicles dominated the battlefield, and even the best of the players on the other team would have a hard time taking them out.  it did annoy alot of people. 

with a game like bc2, however, the vehicles are much more easily taken out.  a great infantryman in bc2 is a tough match for a great vehicle pilot.  basically you have upgraded infantry fighting (bf2 needs it badly) and a more level playing field with scaled back vehicles.  this game is basically DICE's answer to players who wanted the infantry based fighting of bf2 and the players who appreciated the full scale of a modern war fps.  removing the vehicles from the game again is not the vision of the developers making this game.  i think they've made a great effort at leveling the field for both sides.  there is still rape potential with the heli, but even one player on the other team can take it down if they are up to the task.  IO mode in this game would be wrong.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

steelie34 wrote:

i understand altering some rules to keep the game enjoyable for both casual and hardcore gamers.  rules like no baseraping or spawnkilling keeps the game fun for a lot of people.  i can also understand (not agree with) IO mode in bf2.  in the hands of skilled players, the vehicles dominated the battlefield, and even the best of the players on the other team would have a hard time taking them out.  it did annoy alot of people. 

with a game like bc2, however, the vehicles are much more easily taken out.  a great infantryman in bc2 is a tough match for a great vehicle pilot.  basically you have upgraded infantry fighting (bf2 needs it badly) and a more level playing field with scaled back vehicles.  this game is basically DICE's answer to players who wanted the infantry based fighting of bf2 and the players who appreciated the full scale of a modern war fps.  removing the vehicles from the game again is not the vision of the developers making this game.  i think they've made a great effort at leveling the field for both sides.  there is still rape potential with the heli, but even one player on the other team can take it down if they are up to the task.  IO mode in this game would be wrong.
For example, the UAV is a great counter to the attack heli.
Doliss
..I should be studying..
+5|6439|Sterling, VA
i actually enjoyed the option to do I/O in BF2 on occasion.  hopefully the game will have a bit more customization for servers down the road

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard