Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

CapnNismo wrote:

Kmar, where did you find that bit?

Jobs has always been a bit odd. Incredibly driven. But odd. One of the things that has made him such a player in the computer world, but I think one of the things that also maybe turned the board of directors against him way back when. I don't know all my history about Apple, so that could be totally wrong.
From what I hear, SJ is very odd.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-03-08 11:40:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Like Howard Hughes odd? .. or just obsessive about his work odd?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I'm sorry, Steve Jobs is a total prick. They're suing HTC over the most ridiculous and vague patents in the world. Basically, they should be suing the entire touch phone market. It's fucking disgusting. They're worse than MS when it comes to competition. They will destroy it all, no matter what, and nobody will do anything about it because WE ALL LOVE APPLE. Steve Jobs is a hypocritical cuntbag. I hope they get raped in the ass with the patents.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

* Patent No. 7,362,331: “Time-Based, Non-Constant Translation Of User Interface Objects Between States”
    * Patent No. 7,479,949: “Touch Screen Device, Method, And Graphical User Interface For Determining Commands By Applying Heuristics”
    * Patent No. 7,657,849: “Unlocking A Device By Performing Gestures On An Unlock Image”
    * Patent No. 7,469,381: “List Scrolling And Document Translation, Scaling, And Rotation On A Touch-Screen Display”
    * Patent No. 5,920,726: “System And Method For Managing Power Conditions Within A Digital Camera Device.”
    * Patent No. 7,633,076: “Automated Response To And Sensing Of User Activity In Portable Devices”
    * Patent No. 5,848,105: “GMSK Signal Processors For Improved Communications Capacity And Quality”
    * Patent No. 7,383,453: “Conserving Power By Reducing Voltage Supplied To An Instruction-Processing Portion Of A Processor”
    * Patent No. 5,455,599: “Object-Oriented Graphic System”
    * Patent No. 6,424,354: “Object-Oriented Event Notification System With Listener Registration Of Both Interests And Methods”
https://i47.tinypic.com/wiugdf.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Kmarion wrote:

* Patent No. 7,362,331: “Time-Based, Non-Constant Translation Of User Interface Objects Between States”
    * Patent No. 7,479,949: “Touch Screen Device, Method, And Graphical User Interface For Determining Commands By Applying Heuristics”
    * Patent No. 7,657,849: “Unlocking A Device By Performing Gestures On An Unlock Image”
    * Patent No. 7,469,381: “List Scrolling And Document Translation, Scaling, And Rotation On A Touch-Screen Display”
    * Patent No. 5,920,726: “System And Method For Managing Power Conditions Within A Digital Camera Device.”
    * Patent No. 7,633,076: “Automated Response To And Sensing Of User Activity In Portable Devices”
    * Patent No. 5,848,105: “GMSK Signal Processors For Improved Communications Capacity And Quality”
    * Patent No. 7,383,453: “Conserving Power By Reducing Voltage Supplied To An Instruction-Processing Portion Of A Processor”
    * Patent No. 6,424,354: “Object-Oriented Event Notification System With Listener Registration Of Both Interests And Methods”
wtf.  How are those patents?  Can I patent the loop method for shoelace tying?  Or, more likely applicable to Steve Jobs, using velcro to fasten shoes?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

wtf.  How are those patents?  Can I patent the loop method for shoelace tying?  Or, more likely applicable to Steve Jobs, using velcro to fasten shoes?
I patented wtf in the early 90's. Expect to hear from my attorney.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I patented wtf in the early 90's. Expect to hear from my attorney.
fuck.  What if I patented patent? 
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6754|Florida, United States
Nexus One.
Benzin
+576|5999
The shit thing about the HTC vs Apple thing is that it will take YEARS before it is settled, if not decades. Same with Apple vs Nokia. I WANT RESULTS!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

They go after HTC because they can't go after Google/Android.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
If apple can claim those rediculous patents, I am going to patent breathing!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Benzin
+576|5999

Kmarion wrote:

Well obviously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well obviously.
But they are in a way now.. aren't they?

Good article.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/02/apple-vs-htc-a-patent-breakdown/
aw shix u created a topic for this story.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

jay_courage wrote:

I really enjoy my iPhone, nice screen if a little scratch prone, good "apps", good positive touch screen
Good apps as long as Apple thinks they're appropriate...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

They also nixed the apps that searched for wifi..
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10464021-37.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Kmarion wrote:

I first heard it on a podcast.. but
http://www.google.com/search?q=We+did+n … =firefox-a
I think we may have heard it in the same podcast ^^ Leo's too apologetic for Apple, imo, but I listen anyway because his voice is awesome. But, uh - Steve Jobs is a total douchebag who thinks way too highly of himself.

Apple has become THE douchebag company. I mean, it always had that kind of tinge to it, and it's one of the reasons I feel really uncomfortable buying their products. They basically sell to people who either need or have way too much confidence. I was willing to put that aside when I heard the rumors about the iPad, but even that sucks. Recently, Apple has become what Microsoft was in the 90s, and Microsoft has become a beloved hero. And Google's still Google.

-kon

PS: Fuck Apple for suing HTC.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Yea, I've known for awhile that we both listen to the twit network . I can tell by the stories you share on FB and twitter. If I miss a show I dl it from odtv and watch it later on my Zune. Leo is actually a very nice fella. I was watching once and a handicapped man walked into the cottage when he was doing a show. He went out of his way to make sure he was ok and helped him find his way home. Not all celebs would do the same.

Leo is very pro consumer. He has a very fuck the RIAA/MPAA attitude with all the shit they do.. as well as pointing out the crappy service in the cell phone industry. I think he just has an admiration for "Sir Steve". My guess is because of his drive.. not his control freakishness. He's abandoned his iPhone for a Nexus one. His position, the last time I checked, is basically PC for business, Apple for leisure ..excluding gaming.

I watch tekzilla also. Mostly because I have a geek crush on Veronica Belmont.

Someone wrote the other day the Apple has become the controlling figure in their famous 1984 ad. Myea it's kinda like that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

konfusion wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I first heard it on a podcast.. but
http://www.google.com/search?q=We+did+n … =firefox-a
I think we may have heard it in the same podcast ^^ Leo's too apologetic for Apple, imo, but I listen anyway because his voice is awesome. But, uh - Steve Jobs is a total douchebag who thinks way too highly of himself.
He's not apologizing for him here: http://tinypic.com/r/4hqclf/5

Apple throws a tentrum, sues HTC for 20 patent violations
Although Multi-Touch should be the main patent violations, there are 20 other which Apple is suing HTC over (although the violations are made by Google’s Android OS). Why didn’t Apple go after Google? Deep Pockets. And though lawsuits can take years to resolve, Apple has also appealed to the International Trade Commission to prohibit importing HTC phones into the United States. And while they have every right to protect their patents, Leo believes this is anti-competitive and may result in backlash from consumers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

That's great to hear. I still think the iPad is useless, and Stevie is out of his mind if he thinks it's better than a netbook. I can't see the video, for whatever reason.

I definitely think Leo is a very nice guy, and has very interesting insights on the industry, but I agree more with the crew from Buzz out Loud. Leo is very much an across the board user, but still leans towards macs and the association that comes with the brand. He's done very well to keep up with trends over such a long period of time - I listen to TWiT, TWiG, NatN and WW, and then get the rest of my fix from gdgt, engadget, and BoL. And the PalmCast, because I'm a Pre-user.

I recommend the EA podcast, btw, just on a random note. But, uh, this is way off-topic.

-kon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard