=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California
It depends Kustav, PC would have a lot more players and if you like playing any time of the day/night then you would go for the PC, but it also depends how well your PC can play it and if you can withstand it, if it can't handle the graphics and you don't like the looks of it, you would go for the PS3 which in turn has decent FPS and a good playerbase during peak hours.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

It depends Kustav, PC would have a lot more players and if you like playing any time of the day/night then you would go for the PC, but it also depends how well your PC can play it and if you can withstand it, if it can't handle the graphics and you don't like the looks of it, you would go for the PS3 which in turn has decent FPS and a good playerbase during peak hours.
Yeah thats what Ive been thinking. My PC should run it absolutely fine, its just that in terms of gameplay, is there any real noticable difference?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
According to your location and the flag in your avatar, you may be quite restricted with server choice in Aussie land, unless you're willing to play with bad ping on oversea servers.
You'd likely only get many full Aussie servers in the waking hours of your time zone, with a drastic drop as soon as all koalas and kiwis have gone to bad.

This would be the same of course for playing online with the PS3 or XBox versions.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
No, from what I've looked (myself an Aussie too) there's 97 active Australian servers right now, and a good 3/4 were full or near full last time I checked (think it was yesterday).

I think it's all personal preference but IMHO PC is the way to go. Probably (ok, most likely yes) a bit buggier but patches and customizations etc. make it a no brainer for me - IF you can run the game of course (I'm waiting to see if I can, most likely an upgrade is imminent).
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Just get it on PC. All console gamers do is stand there and let you kill them it's like a target range, it's such a mixed crowd of people playing too, at least PC games are more of a challenge because everyone's serious enough about gaming to go out and build their own PC to play them, not to mention you use keyboard and mouse not only is it more accurate it's more realistic.
There's nothing more annoying than using analog stick to aim and someone quickly kills you just makes you think wish I could aim faster
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

you use keyboard and mouse not only is it more accurate it's more realistic.
yah cos on a real battlefield everyone runs around and throws mice at the enemy and tries to run up and smack em on the head with a keyboard.
androoz
Banned
+137|5182|United States

KuSTaV wrote:

I've also been thinking about this.

Ive played it on Xbox360, and found it to be suprisingly good for an FPS (on a console). Although the autoaim thing is pretty much given hax, I kinda liked it. I liked the controls, and how the game played. If I get it on PS3, my friends and I can play together. However if I get it on PC, well, you get the idea. Is the game experience on PS3 the same as the 360? I know the whole rant about 'ZOMG FPS GAEMZ DUN BELONG ON CONSOLE U NUB BLAH BLAH', but this game was fairly decent.

I tried to get my brother to lend me his copy of BC2 on PC, but being a fat slob he is, he wont let me borrow his game (despite me basically giving him CoD4) and thus cannot decide if PC or PS3 is the way to go.
what are your pc specs?
H3RB4L ABU53

ruisleipa wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

yah cos on a real battlefield everyone runs around and throws mice at the enemy and tries to run up and smack em on the head with a keyboard.
Well whats more realistic out of moving your hand and aiming where your hand goes, or pressing a stick with your thumb
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

KuSTaV wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Yeah thats what Ive been thinking. My PC should run it absolutely fine, its just that in terms of gameplay, is there any real noticable difference?
There's your fucking answer...
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Well whats more realistic out of moving your hand and aiming where your hand goes, or pressing a stick with your thumb
neither of them are remotely fucking realistic, it's a video game.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I would argue a PS3 controller is more realistic because either hand is gripping it like a gun as well as pulling triggers.
H3RB4L ABU53

mtb0minime wrote:

I would argue a PS3 controller is more realistic because either hand is gripping it like a gun as well as pulling triggers.
lol, ok, it's more natural, not more realistic then.

What I'm basically saying is that if you use K+M and you see someones head, you can point at it and shoot it as fast as you like.

Analog stick has travel time
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

ruisleipa wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

neither of them are remotely fucking realistic, it's a video game.
Yeah well playing on a PC will result in more productivity on a computer as you will be able to click that little button on your screen in 1 try.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard