destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
Im working on a sustainability project for my architecture course, and I need to make a video essay about it. Now my plan is to make it all seem like it was filmed in the 70's / 80's for some parts. Is there a program that can filter the video taken to convert it into a retro look?

I currently have Photoshop CS4 but im not the most fluent in it.

Karma to helpers
maybe there are some plugins for Premiere / After Effects for video
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6127|Vancouver | Canada
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Making it in 30 fps (as opposed to 24) will also make it look pretty old and crappy.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

DefCon-17 wrote:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/old_film_look/
I'm pretty sure we had color in the 70's and 80's. He said old, but not that old.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

OmniDeath wrote:

I'm pretty sure we had color in the 70's and 80's.
verified.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
Ok so would photoshop be able to change the FPS of a digital video?
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

no, photoshop is for images, use premier
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
you can edit frames and do some cool stuff with pshop cs4, but tazz is right that premiere is the way to go...
and after effects also.  Videocopilot is a great website with a bunch of great tutorials.

http://www.creativepro.com/article/easy … -photoshop

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photosh … oshop.html

http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=50783

Last edited by Catbox (2010-03-08 18:15:58)

Love is the answer
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Ok so would photoshop be able to change the FPS of a digital video?
When using Premier, when you export the video, somewhere in the export settings (maybe advanced settings), you can choose the framerate you want it in. It's advisable that if you're planning on exporting in 30fps, you record in 30fps. What kind of camera are you using? Most cheap handhelds that you take on vacation with your family will film in shitty 30fps.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

changin the fps aint gonna make it retro... what the shit are you guys talkin about... o.o
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

tazz. wrote:

changin the fps aint gonna make it retro... what the shit are you guys talkin about... o.o
Yea, I'm not sure what mtb is on about with changing the frame rate to achieve a retro look, but he was getting at Hollywood films being 24fps.

Article wrote:

Motion blur is the main reason why movies can be shown at 24 fps, therefore saving Hollywood money by not having to make the film any longer than possible (30 fps for a full feature film would be approximately 20% longer than a film shown at 24 fps, that turns out to be a lot of money).
Sauce

Last edited by OmniDeath (2010-03-09 14:28:59)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

24/30

What the eye can't see, who gives a shit
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

tazz. wrote:

24/30

What the eye can't see, who gives a shit
Did you even read the quote in my post? It saves time and money, it has nothing to do with what people are capable of seeing.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Have you guys never seen home movies made on a crappy camcorder that record in 30fps compared to anything remotely decent that used 24fps?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

Have you guys never seen home movies made on a crappy camcorder that record in 30fps compared to anything remotely decent that used 24fps?
I dont see how a higher fps would decrease quality.  I think that has more to do with the resolution, bitrate and colour recording in it...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Well yeah, like I implied earlier, it won't make it look retro in a grainy, blurry, whatever kind of sense. But it will definitely lower the production value.

On its own, not something that will make it look retro. But added on top of the other mentioned effects, it will be the icing on the cake.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard