Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't think that it should be glorified like it is in our society.

That being said, I strongly feel they should have equal rights across the board. Just don't try to convince me that a man fucking another man in the ass is 'normal' by any means. It's not, sorry.
I've seen gay dogs. But in the grand scheme of civil rights and shit, it's none of the govs business. Either way gays will still live together and shit. They just want a tax cut like every married couple.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

BN wrote:

A lot of homophobia stems from repressed homosexual feelings.
That's a myth. It's more likely a homophobe is just a douchebag.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
I'm glad to see so much openness and tolerance of other viewpoints.  /sarcasm

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they have repressed psychological issues, etc.

I'm for equal rights.  If it makes people happy, and doesn't infringe on the rights of others, it shouldn't be the government's business.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada
My best friend is gay, but not a flamer. In the end, homosexuality should be like hetero in our society. Just as an accepted fact. no need to glorify or condemn it. How does someone being gay affect your life more than lets say, a guy bragging to his buds about that hot girl he fucked the other night? I mean, isnt speaking like that equally offensive? or is it ok just bc you agree with him?

People should just grow up, accept that homosexuality is real, its ok, and theres is nothing that will/should be done aboout it.
BVC
+325|6694

lowing wrote:

Pubic wrote:

OP, I would wager that yes, a lot of opponents of gay marriage are repressing their own homosexuality.  I wouldn't say all of them - some of them just oppose it because they are idiots.
Or maybe, they recognize, like most sensible people, that special rights and privileges are not warranted just because you think you are special.
Settle down lowing, I'm sticking up for you here.

Please explain how such demands are "special".
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

RAIMIUS wrote:

I'm glad to see so much openness and tolerance of other viewpoints.  /sarcasm

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they have repressed psychological issues, etc.

I'm for equal rights.  If it makes people happy, and doesn't infringe on the rights of others, it shouldn't be the government's business.
The title is obvious hyperbole, I know not all anti-gay rights campaigners fuck dudes, however there does seem to be a surprising connection between people who are vehemently anti-gay, and getting caught giving out handjobs in the back of a truck.
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

Clearly there is a difference between civil rights and gay rights.

Can't help you if you do not see the difference
enlighten us. what is the difference exactly? and the difference between that and women's rights?
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6483|England

lowing wrote:

What aload of bulls**t

Some people don't just choose to take it up they batty, some people are born different and they should not be treated or judged any different because of it.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-05 04:10:22)

ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land
re the OP: ask the vatican

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma … ex-scandal

The Vatican was today rocked by a sex scandal reaching into Pope Benedict's household after a chorister was sacked for allegedly procuring male prostitutes for a papal gentleman-in-waiting.

Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, was caught by police on a wiretap allegedly negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, a 29-year-old Vatican chorister, over the specific physical details of men he wanted brought to him. Transcripts in the possession of the Guardian suggest that numerous men may have been procured for Balducci, at least one of whom was studying for the priesthood.

The explosive claims about Balducci's private life have caused grave embarrassment to the Vatican, which has yet to publicly comment on the affair.

While Catholicism does not condemn homosexuality outright, its teaching is that homosexual acts "are intrinsically disordered". The Catechism of the Catholic church states unequivocally: "Under no circumstances can they be approved."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

LostFate wrote:

lowing wrote:

What aload of bulls**t

Some people don't just choose to take it up they batty, some people are born different and they should not be treated or judged any different because of it.
a load of bullshit? Really?

Well, fat people are judged differently
        short people, ugly people, handicapped people, smokers, blondes with big tits, poor people, rich people, homeless people, trailer trash, felons, ex-cons etc all are judges differently, and you think a gay person has some special right not be judged with the rest of us?

If there is any amount of bullshit it is that philosophy.

Now addressing the other posts:

Blacks fought for the right to vote, so did women, black fought for the right to take a piss in a public restroom, eat at any diner they wanted, just like white people. Homosexuals are not denied a single right that everyone else has. Not one.

and this is a difference you can not see?

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-05 15:08:23)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Pubic wrote:

lowing wrote:

Pubic wrote:

OP, I would wager that yes, a lot of opponents of gay marriage are repressing their own homosexuality.  I wouldn't say all of them - some of them just oppose it because they are idiots.
Or maybe, they recognize, like most sensible people, that special rights and privileges are not warranted just because you think you are special.
Settle down lowing, I'm sticking up for you here.

Please explain how such demands are "special".
Not excited.

Exclusive demands, means special demands.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
Are All opponents of gay marriage closet gays?

Yes...wait no.  Wait..

fuck trick question.

Nevermind, I got to go watch Oprah
13rin
+977|6477

ghettoperson wrote:

Seriously, it's actually quite disturbing how many self hating gays there are around.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archiv … ntheon.php
I'm against gay marriage for two reasons.

Gays want some holy union recognized from an organization that has condemned that particular lifestyle.

Second, it would be way too easy to for that particular group to abuse the benefits and tax breaks that go along with 'marriage'.  Ie, breaking up without telling the state.

Honestly, have civil unions -don't call it a marriage.  Don't give the tax breaks/benefits.  Give the hospital visitation rights & living will shit too.  I really don't care and am not religious.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Chou
+737|6789
And we all know that the gay parade is a protest march against hetero sexuals, don't we?

wait.. wat. guy on the right.. Joey Tribbiani?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/COLT_guys_%28San_Francisco_Gay_Parade_2006%29.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Seriously, it's actually quite disturbing how many self hating gays there are around.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archiv … ntheon.php
I'm against gay marriage for two reasons.

Gays want some holy union recognized from an organization that has condemned that particular lifestyle.

Second, it would be way too easy to for that particular group to abuse the benefits and tax breaks that go along with 'marriage'.  Ie, breaking up without telling the state.

Honestly, have civil unions -don't call it a marriage.  Don't give the tax breaks/benefits.  Give the hospital visitation rights & living will shit too.  I really don't care and am not religious.
I sort of agree with you, most of these gay people want religious style marriage ceremonies and if the specific religions don't agree with it then they shouldn't go down that route and instead have a non-religious thing, nothing wrong with a civil union or something, although I think some people think marriage is some holy word which is why they're opposed to gays getting married rather than civil union.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed the tax breaks/benefits that regular marriage gets. I think that's the problem for most of them.

I don't see why gays would abuse the system any more than regular people already abuse the marriage tax system. Kinda stupid to think like that.
13rin
+977|6477

Mekstizzle wrote:

I sort of agree with you, most of these gay people want religious style marriage ceremonies and if the specific religions don't agree with it then they shouldn't go down that route and instead have a non-religious thing, nothing wrong with a civil union or something, although I think some people think marriage is some holy word which is why they're opposed to gays getting married rather than civil union.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed the tax breaks/benefits that regular marriage gets. I think that's the problem for most of them.

I don't see why gays would abuse the system any more than regular people already abuse the marriage tax system. Kinda stupid to think like that.
Yea, doesn't even make sense why gays would want anything to do with organizations that have condemned their lifestyle.

It isn't stupid to recognize that a group of people would take advantage and exploit the system.   Just because one group may do it doesn't mean it's cool for others to follow.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land
err...maybe some gay people are Christian? Didya think about that? Or that if civil unions don't get treated the same as marriages that they would want to be treated the same - by getting married?
13rin
+977|6477

ruisleipa wrote:

err...maybe some gay people are Christian? Didya think about that? Or that if civil unions don't get treated the same as marriages that they would want to be treated the same - by getting married?
errr.. Again it doesn't make any sense for someone to want to belong to an organization that has condemned it.  Didya think about that?
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm an opponent of marriage full stop.

Unless it benefits me with citizenship to a warm country or monetary benefits.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

errr.. Again it doesn't make any sense for someone to want to belong to an organization that has condemned it.  Didya think about that?
They tend to go to churches where the pastors/preachers/whatever don't act like they still live in the stone age.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

yes, and I basically agree, but in most churches there are priests who are not against homosexuality as Hurricane pointed out. What if the want to follow 'God's word' and want to do that in an organised religion? Why wouldn't they want to fight against what they see as oppression? Fair enough I reckon.
Ticia
+73|5333

JohnG@lt wrote:

Just don't try to convince me that a man fucking another man in the ass is 'normal' by any means. It's not, sorry.

Please define normal.

Shame on me 'cause i took you for a nonconformist.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Just don't try to convince me that a man fucking another man in the ass is 'normal' by any means. It's not, sorry.

Please define normal.

Shame on me 'cause i took you for a nonconformist.
Normal is the views expressed by the majority. For homosexuality to be 'normal' they would have to be in the majority.

I am nonconformist, I'm just a 100% hetero nonconformist
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

i don't understand how a guy can be gay. do they get sucked into it?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

burnzz wrote:

i don't understand how a guy can be gay. do they get sucked into it?
very punny
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard