Kez
+778|5705|London, UK
Seven teams could all have a shot of victory in less than two weeks time: McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes, Sauber, Force India and Williams all looked competitive in testing, although people have said don't be fooled by the fuel loads that they are carrying as a Williams car that appeared to produce a slow fastest time may actually have not been doing any short runs at all.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Well USF1 is out (TC.Troy, I am disappoint)

Campos (HRT F1) look like they're in, Senna & Chandhok and they're revealing their car today. FIA says fuck off to Stefan GP for some reason.

So it will be a 24 car grid for the season, looks like.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
grid
Mekstizzle
WALKER
oi
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6575

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well USF1 is out (TC.Troy, I am disappoint)

Campos (HRT F1) look like they're in, Senna & Chandhok and they're revealing their car today. FIA says fuck off to Stefan GP for some reason.

So it will be a 24 car grid for the season, looks like.
Yeah, me too Mek.  Wasnt going to be much in reality me thinkst.
Peter Windsor was the problem.
How can you have an American team with a Brit like that in power?  lol    :p

I think they will shelve the plan for 2011 too. (just for the record.)
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫
sad stefan GP  did not get usf1's spot
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Kez
+778|5705|London, UK
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6132|Carnoustie MASSIF
I Can't Wait For The New Season To Start

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-03-05 09:38:32)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Bring on next weekend

Watched a sum-up of last years season on BBC just now...ah, memories of a great season.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
bump

Aussie GP

Vettel on pole, then Webber, then Alonso

should be a much better race than Bahrain, this circuit always throws up crazy shit. Plus it might rain during the race. Nothing in the way of stopping Red Bull from getting a 1-2 in the race, except reliability. Can't see Webber getting past Vettel unless his car fucks up

I was watching the Qualy, because the track is so tight and there's so many cars, shit was already crazy and more interesting than Bahrain
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

bump

Aussie GP

Vettel on pole, then Webber, then Alonso

should be a much better race than Bahrain, this circuit always throws up crazy shit. Plus it might rain during the race. Nothing in the way of stopping Red Bull from getting a 1-2 in the race, except reliability. Can't see Webber getting past Vettel unless his car fucks up

I was watching the Qualy, because the track is so tight and there's so many cars, shit was already crazy and more interesting than Bahrain
Actually, one thing could define whether it's a 1-2 Red Bull or not, and that's the start. Melbourne is infamous for having a "clean side" and a "dirty side" starting off grid and Alonso is on the clean whereas Webber isn't (Alonso starts on the outside). The first curve is where we will see everything happen between the top 4 (not counting Massa because his starts are usually quite poor). We also have to take into account Webber isn't the best starter.

The place to note is the speed trap just off the start - you hit 3.38Gs on that turn and it's going to be where some of the drivers are thrown off their game. It's gonna be a good start I hope, and hopefully we'll see some good battling, especially between Button and Massa and both the GP Mercedes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
True, but the Red Bull pace is quite good. I'd be surprised if Webber will let this one go and it's also hard to see Vettel screwing up and not just pulling out right in front at the start. Something will happen. I think you'll get more action in the midfield rather than the front or back when it comes to the start. Probably Sutil as usual

I'm still going for a Red Bull 1-2 after the first lap, at least. After that it'll pretty much be down to that one pit stop that they will all do, and reliability, and maybe rain
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

What a start. Awesome race so far
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

What a race! Best F1 race in quite a while!

Alonso did brilliantly.. Keeping Lewis behind him with those tires, and grabbing fourth from that position - wow. And I was so happy when Lewis was driven off, what a cunt.

"Who told me to go in? Freakin' terrible decision!" - yeah, well, fuck off.

Edit- Kubica was awesome as well, showed once again that he's one of the top top drivers on the circuit.

Last edited by Jenspm (2010-03-28 00:58:31)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

That was So glad I got up early to watch the race
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
Was a good race, shit loads more interesting then Bahrain. One reason I think it should rain every race.

Still a bit disappointed that even with all the rule changes meant to promote passing, cars consistently travelling 1.4-2 seconds a lap faster can't get past due to aerodynamics.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Nice race. I guess we were wrong about Webber/Alonso. Webber had an idiot race, only way I can describe it. Going into the pits and not doing anything because Vettel was already there (ok, team fault too), loads of mistakes, trying too hard, then his crash on Hamilton summed it all up. The guy needs to wisen up, he needs to take a look at Vettel. Look at his pace, and his luck (or lack thereof) and realise what he's dealing with and how lucky he is in contrast to Vettel with reliability and to stop doing stupid stuff!

Hamilton complains about them making him pit, but some things to talk about there. He can have the final say at the end of the day. Just like how Button made the call to pit himself at the start of the race, he could have made the call to say "I can finish on these tyres, no thanks". The truth is, he drives differently, he was taking on people and being aggressive, his tyres probably wouldn't have lasted and if he didn't pit he would have ended up worse than if Webber hadn't crashed into him. Classic example of why everyone says Button can manage his tyres well. Button showed alot of people what he's worth today, including me.

Once the track dried up overtaking went down again, Hamilton was a good deal faster than Kubica/Alonso but couldn't get passed. Same with Alonso on Massa. Schumacher on Alguersari.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Jenspm wrote:

And I was so happy when Lewis was driven off, what a cunt.

"Who told me to go in? Freakin' terrible decision!" - yeah, well, fuck off.
I laughed at Alonso getting smashed at the start, what a cunt. Oh, and especially Vettel, fantastic.

For Hammy, it cost him the race so of course he is going to be frustrated at that decision. That is, of course, discounting some dozy Aussie prick who drove right into him.
Prior to his pitstop, it was only a matter of time before he overtook Kubica, and then onto Button. His speed after his pitstop was just unbelievable (granted, mostly due to the tyres), catching up on Alonso by 1.5seconds a lap, every lap was great to watch. I just dont get why he couldnt pass that Spanish cock, his tyres were fine.

Best race in a long time, full of drama, lots of overtaking, and the "little cars" having a go at, and holding up Schumi, was just great.
Kez
+778|5705|London, UK

Jenspm wrote:

Alonso did brilliantly.. Keeping Lewis behind him with those tires, and grabbing fourth from that position - wow. And I was so happy when Lewis was driven off, what a cunt.
But you can't deny the awesome job that Lewis did as well, sure Alonso fought all the way from the back after a spin and fully deserved his position but McLaren made a shite call on Hamilton's second pitstop and to pull back a 20 second gap (at least) over 10-15 laps is phenomenal.. and how brave do you have to be to do Rosberg on the outside of turn 11? Sorry but consistently overtaking your championship rivals and not some cars that are 3-4 seconds off the pace made Lewis the star of the race for me (not being biased or anything there of course...! ). Webber's crash was unfortunate, Lewis and Fernando braked early and Webber wasn't expecting it, what can you do? His luck was out by the first time he pushed the throttle at the start in all honesty.

Kudos to Di Grassi for giving it a go with Schumacher in his debut season and with a significantally weaker Virgin and to Jaime Alguersuari for not yielding to Michael either!

Welcome back F1, we have missed you

Last edited by Kez (2010-03-28 12:34:51)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Kez wrote:

but McLaren made a shite call on Hamilton's second pitstop
Yes and no. I don't believe Hamilton could have held his position with his first set of tyres, not a chance in hell. He's a good driver, but once Hamilton loses grip, he loses his head and doesn't stand a chance. The Ferraris would have gobbled him up in no time once he lost the remainder of the grip. Alonso is an entirely different driver to Hamilton and the Ferraris worked differently; Hamilton is too aggressive and would have worn down those tyres.

Also, Massa is a total cunt. Alonso was lapping .1 seconds faster than him constantly, but Massa wouldn't let him by and so Alonso had to release the pressure because the dirty air was destroying his tyres. I'm sorry, but there SHOULD be a favourite in Ferrari and it should be Alonso. None of this TEAM shit, Alonso could have easily gotten second place if he was allowed to overtake Massa. Massa was too shit to overtake Kubica. Although I will hand it to him at the start of the race, that was some take off from him.

Kubica had a fantastic race, credit goes to him for doing brilliantly with a below average car; and then being so modest about it all.

Hamilton is a cunt. So is Schumacher (for the bottleneck incident on Alonso off the starting grid, greedy fucker trying to take him on the outside - Button was in the right, Schumie was not).

Well your laugh was pretty much in vain, Snake, as Alonso made up for it and did fantastically well. What the fuck is up with Brits hating him so much? Is it because he made Hamilton cry a few times? Hamilton is one of the biggest pricks on the race track.

Also, how can you hate Vettel? He's modest, a good driver - albeit aggressive - and a pretty level headed guy. British superiority ftl.
Kez
+778|5705|London, UK

Zimmer wrote:

Kez wrote:

but McLaren made a shite call on Hamilton's second pitstop
Yes and no. I don't believe Hamilton could have held his position with his first set of tyres, not a chance in hell. He's a good driver, but once Hamilton loses grip, he loses his head and doesn't stand a chance. The Ferraris would have gobbled him up in no time once he lost the remainder of the grip. Alonso is an entirely different driver to Hamilton and the Ferraris worked differently; Hamilton is too aggressive and would have worn down those tyres.
Realistically, I think this is the most likely reason to stop Lewis a second time. Although putting on fresh rubber really did make things interesting and Lewis and Mark drove superbly to pull back at least a 20 second gap to the Kubica-train, I'm going to challenge you when you say that the Ferraris would have got past - if Massa yielded to Alonso, then yes, I think Lewis would have lost track position regardless of pitting for that second time. Like you say, Felipe was consistently slower than his team-mate and help him up for the majority of the race and in my opinion I don't think he drove well enough today to challenge Lewis much, but I think it's a question of how much would Lewis have lost in pace if his tyres did start going out on him.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Couldn't agree with you more.
Kez
+778|5705|London, UK
I mean, come on, if you need your best mate/engineer, who doesn't drive F1 cars, to tell you how to drive those last two corners smoothly then you know you're going to struggle. I actually can't believe Fernando didn't get a good run at Felipe on the start/finish straight, Felipe was just sliding everywhere.

Can I also say a big congratulations to Karun Chandhok and Hispania Racing Team, they've been very unlucky and relatively unprepared recently but to get a classified finish (even if he was +5 laps down on Button) is a sensational achievement for a team that had only just got a car ready only three-four weeks ago! At least they have their first finish under their belt now, some vital testing laps and also beating both Virgins also shows how unreliable that VR-01 is (and how badly designed it is, how do you not make your fuel tank big enough!?)!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
IMO Alonso would have been no more successful than Massa in taking on Kubica, just as Hamilton wasn't either. Their tyres were going, the track was drying (making overtaking hard again) and he probably would have been just like Hamilton was when he got upto Kubica, or maybe not even that. If Hamilton didn't pit, like I also said, I doubt he would be able to maintain the tyres. He had his window of a decent amount of laps to take Kubica and he didn't do it. That's that. He had a good race, just not a perfect one.

Can't really blame Ferrari/Massa for doing what they did. Team orders are banned. Massa is on his second race after finishing second on Bahrain and he's on course for another podium, you try and tell him to lay off. Team orders if bollocks, at the end of the day if someone is really so deserving of something they'll do it without any help.

Already there's abit of tension between Alonso/Massa at Ferrari, lol this is going to be interesting. Same with Button/Hamilton, it's all happy smiley now (mostly) but we'll see... we'll see.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫
awsm race
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard