CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6848|Missoula, MT
Has anyone tried this?  Connecting to their home PC from the workplace to get in a game during lunch break or something?  Just curious if anything works decently. 
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)
YEAH! RIGHT! It's not going to work dude! Well, it may _work_ it certainly ain't gonna be playable!
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6772
I've tried running games that use the full screen and it doesn't work.  Even if it were coded to work, the framerate would be pathetic.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6794|North Lauderdale, FL
someone's bored at work, eh? 

i bet if you get a vnc connection working from your work computer to your home computer, you might (theoretically) be able to get the game up and running.  but considering how slow a windows desktop runs remotely, it would be a complete waste of time.

at my workplace, we're not supposed to surf the web in our spare time.  and, since i have a linux box sitting at home, what i do is ssh into the box from work.  from there i load up elinks (text www browser) and surf away.  sure, i don't get any images or anything, but when my boss walks over to my desk, the ssh window sort of resembles a command line window. 
McCullough
+7|6845
I tried to play CS on mu home CP using a tool in msn. it didnt work at all.
r00fus
+2|6798
i tried playing cs:source from work before but it didnt work
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6793

hahaha!  I remember 5 years ago me and some buddies played CS over vnc.  It was laggy as hell, like 1 fps.  Hilarious though, you'd see someone, then they'd dissapear, then they'd be there again.  If you're going to play bf2 remotely, play on unranked servers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard