FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6543|'Murka

rdx-fx wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Good points.  Although the Quran seems to contradict itself a lot as well....
If verses contradict, go with the most recent addition.
..or, whichever verse supports the political agenda of those in power
Even though the most recent addition isn't necessarily the one last in the book...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,812|6238|eXtreme to the maX
Question really is whether any religious person can put their citizenship before their religion.
Christians, Jews and Muslims generally can't and don't, extremist examples of all three certainly don't.
Singling out Muslims is unfair.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-03-02 03:35:47)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6806|Canberra, AUS

FEOS wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Good points.  Although the Quran seems to contradict itself a lot as well....
If verses contradict, go with the most recent addition.
..or, whichever verse supports the political agenda of those in power
Even though the most recent addition isn't necessarily the one last in the book...
hence why most people go for the "whatever seems to work best" option
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6942|Nårvei

All organized religion is bullshit tbh ...

If you follow a religious teaching via a book and need someone else to tell you how to interpet the teachings you have lost your direct link with God ... even the fact that you need a book at all to live a "morally good" life is beyond me ...

My 2 cents ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6907|Moscow, Russia

Varegg wrote:

If you follow a religious teaching via a book and need someone else to tell you how to interpet the teachings you have lost your direct link with God ... even the fact that you need a book at all to live a "morally good" life is beyond me ...

My 2 cents ...
exactly. as long as people keep confusing their religious faith with dusty old books and men in fancy clothes we will have this organized religion bullshit going on and on. ridiculous.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
FEOS
+1,182|6543|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

Varegg wrote:

My 2 cents ...
exactly. as long as people keep confusing their religious faith with dusty old books and men in fancy clothes we will have this organized religion bullshit going on and on. ridiculous.
Organized religion is man attempting to explain the mind of God. That is an endeavor doomed to failure from the start.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Exactly, if after 1,000s of years of study we still have no clue how a woman's mind works what hope do we have with God?
FEOS
+1,182|6543|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Exactly, if after 1,000s of years of study we still have no clue how a woman's mind works what hope do we have with God?
That's what She said.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If God is a she we're more likely to achieve enlightenment snorting ants than through attempting to find meaning in life.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-03-02 04:39:08)

cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6605|Kakanien

burnzz wrote:

Ticia wrote:

About the article...good and american don't ever go together :p
what am i missing? i joined a game forum three and a half years ago. took some geography, i finished school,  traveled when i could. why all the anti-americanism? i see people post - hell i'm logged in all waking hours - and it seems like some members just take their hacks on the USA any chance they can. i wish i could show each of you the land, but i know that's not your bitch with america. i could introduce you to people, who would give you the food off their table. what am i missing?
the us are the richest and most powerful country in the world. the poorer, smaller and weaker ones always tend to hate someone who is superior...
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6907|Moscow, Russia

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Varegg wrote:

My 2 cents ...
Organized religion is man men attempting to explainoit religious faith of others whom they convinced they can explain the mind of God.
fixed

Last edited by Shahter (2010-03-02 04:55:37)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6617|England
In my opinon all religion is bullshit, but as far as bullshit can go Islam (in my opinion)  is by far the worst on a general level, kill all none-believers?  seems a little harsh to me.

However i am big enough to admit that  i am bias as im sure any Brit will agree it seems like Muslims are trying to take over this country at the minute and most people are at breaking point with it.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-02 09:04:30)

mikkel
+383|6733

LostFate wrote:

In my opinon all religion is bullshit, but as far as bullshit can go Islam (in my opinion)  is by far the worst on a general level, kill all none-believers?  seems a little harsh to me.
Hey, would you rather lose a couple of decades on Earth, or spend eternity being tortured in hell?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6629

eternity
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6617|England

mikkel wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Hey, would you rather lose a couple of decades on Earth, or spend eternity being tortured in hell?
Will there be chocolate cake in hell?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6848

LostFate wrote:

mikkel wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Will there be chocolate cake in hell?
Heathen.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6354|teh FIN-land

mikkel wrote:

all the good music's in hell apparently
Ticia
+73|5467

burnzz wrote:

Ticia wrote:

what am i missing? i joined a game forum three and a half years ago. took some geography, i finished school,  traveled when i could. why all the anti-americanism? i see people post - hell i'm logged in all waking hours - and it seems like some members just take their hacks on the USA any chance they can. i wish i could show each of you the land, but i know that's not your bitch with america. i could introduce you to people, who would give you the food off their table. what am i missing?
Don't get your panties in a twist.

It was actually a compliment... i love americans. I just hate good people.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6816|United States of America

Dilbert_X wrote:

Question really is whether any religious person can put their citizenship before their religion.
Christians, Jews and Muslims generally can't and don't, extremist examples of all three certainly don't.
Wait, what? I honestly don't know why everyone so overestimates the extent to which a persons religion impacts his/her daily life.
Ticia
+73|5467

DesertFox- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wait, what? I honestly don't know why everyone so overestimates the extent to which a persons religion impacts his/her daily life.
Are you serious? If someone really practices their religion they can't even have an impure thought. Thing is most people who call themselves religious are only faking it, thank god.
DesertFox-

Ticia wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Are you serious? If someone really practices their religion they can't even have an impure thought. Thing is most people who call themselves religious are only faking it, thank god.
Believe it or not, religion has evolved a lot in the centuries of practice. The people who practice one the same way they did in the 1600s are the minorities and usually a bit out there anyway, except the Amish, they're nice folk.
Ticia
+73|5467

DesertFox- wrote:

Ticia wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Believe it or not, religion has evolved a lot in the centuries of practice. The people who practice one the same way they did in the 1600s are the minorities and usually a bit out there anyway, except the Amish, they're nice folk.
You must be a catholic.
DesertFox-
Yes, what of it?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5490|London, England

Ticia wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Don't get your panties in a twist.

It was actually a compliment... i love americans. I just hate good people.
You're one of those girls that goes after the 'bad boys' eh?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ticia
+73|5467

DesertFox- wrote:

Yes, what of it?
Nothing. I know thee well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard