JaMDuDe
+69|6774
When something gets proven wrong they can just change the way they think about it.
Daysniper
+42|6632

JaMDuDe wrote:

When something gets proven wrong they can just change the way they think about it.
and that isn't true for Creationists?
JaMDuDe
+69|6774
Not really you guys only think you've proven things wrong with bias tests and stuff. We dont change what Genisis says because some scientists say otherwise. A lot of scientists say its all true and a lot say its all false.
SilentNoise105
+5|6594

JaMDuDe wrote:

The funny thing is that scientists do change their minds based on new evidence found, but religious people will back up their cause even if its been completely proven wrong. A lot in science has proven certain religious ideas wrong, but you choose not believe it because all you'll ever do is take what your fed. Now I know I couldn't answer some of your questions, but you have flat out ignored a good eighty percent of all of our's. We make an argument that tries to disprove it and when you realize you have nothing to say, you just move onto another subject.

What worse, someone who has to constantly change their ideas based on new information, or someone so stubborn that he won't even try to understand or consider anyone else's theories but his own? I can understand why someone would believe in god, maybe not the same god that you see, but a god nevertheless, and even though I don't believe it myself, I can at least try to show some compassion for the other person's beliefs. All you do is constantly ignore everyone else's ideas because your afraid of being scorned by some unknown higher being. Believe me, I'm sure if there is a god, he would be happier with acceptance of diversity moreso than the outright blind following of ideals that may not even have been confirmed by him.

Last edited by SilentNoise105 (2006-04-23 17:07:04)

JaMDuDe
+69|6774
What things have been completely proven wrong? Ill try to answer your questions.
SilentNoise105
+5|6594
Human's don't asexually reproduce. People don't come back from the dead. You can't part a sea. It'd be impossible to fit two of every animal on a single boat (not to mention very stupid, as many of the animals would eat eachother and wipe out the species all together, destroying the whole idea of saving them. And what about plants, fungus, protists, and moneras? if he saved two of each of those that could also be highly dangerous).

To say these things are real is to believe in superheroes, magical elves, and the rest of that good stuff. Like another dude said a little higher up, if someone said that Bob was watching over everyone and smiting them if they did something wrong and that the person was afraid of Bob's wrath, that person would be commited, but it seems fine if its god?

But please don't answer my questions though since all you'll do is just link me to some christian website. And again, thank you for not reading my entire post. I said even IF certain elements were proven completely wrong then you would still be stubborn enough to back it up. Science had made it clear that several of the things in the bible are impossible though.

Last edited by SilentNoise105 (2006-04-23 17:41:57)

JaMDuDe
+69|6774
Theres scientific answers to all of those. If God made trillions of stars, i think He could part a sea and make Jesus come back. Science has givin evidence that things in the bible did happen.
Daysniper
+42|6632

JaMDuDe wrote:

Theres scientific answers to all of those. If God made trillions of stars, i think He could part a sea and make Jesus come back. Science has givin evidence that things in the bible did happen.
I don't think so. Back up your claims, please.
SilentNoise105
+5|6594
And again, you refuse to believe that your beliefs could be wrong. Science has not proven that entire seas can be parted and have also not proved that people can be brought back from the dead. Just because you believe it doesn't make it so. There are no scientific answers for those things because they are not science, they are people's imaginations and hopes. But if you have evidence from a non-christian bias website, please tell us about it.

If I say that I can fly, it doesn't mean I actually did. If I can get everyone I know to back me up and say that I really did fly, that doesn't mean I did. If I could successfully convince everyone on earth that I can fly, it doesn't mean I actually can, it just means that they think it.

For the most part science and religion are exact opposites though. Again this is what I believe and that only. The scientific answers to these questions would most likely disprove your theories. Science is the system of ideas and theories that have been proven or at the very least, intelligently hypothesized. Religion on the other hand requires no use of intelligence, all it requires is faith in something that may or may not even be there, or in your case, being able to blindly follow what other's have told you and no longer accepting any other possible opinion as having a chance of being valid.

Last edited by SilentNoise105 (2006-04-23 18:59:51)

Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6639|Puerto Rico

JaMDuDe wrote:

Science did not prove that god separated a sea (if you refer to the story of moses.), but it did prove that sometimes in the Red Sea (same sea that moses walked with the people of egipt "when god made it divide"), the tides go so low, that in many places when this happens, you can walk across the whole way, if you hurry enough before the rise comes back up.

Maybe thats what happened. Moses saw that, he knew when it was gonna happen since all that lived near water over there knew when and how the tides came, he took the people and in the exact time, they crossed, and when the Pharaohn went across, the tide came and he fucked up his army.    100% POSSIBLE.

Then it was written in the bible as a "miracle".  Makes u think, doesn't it?

PS: Sorry 4 the spelling, I dont come from a English speaking place.
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.
Ever hear the instances in the crusades, sometimes an army of about maybe 1,000 crusaders or even lower would take on an army of tens of thousands of muslims saying that they would win because they had the power of God on their side...so they ride into battle and get slaughtered, so uhhh wtf was up with that?
JaMDuDe
+69|6774
Well you said two of every animal couldnt fit on the ark. The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits, thats the size of 522 American railroad stalk cars, each of them can hold 240 sheep. If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50x50x30 centimetres, 16,000 animals would only take up 14.4 stock cars. That would leaves 507.6 stock cars for food/water and anything else. Thats plenty of room. I know i look like it to you but im not an idiot who is gona follow stuff cause people told me to.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
Leave Noah's Ark to the Noah's Ark thread. Thankyou.

I still don't think you've seen this. Please tell me if you have and WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT. It's no good saying that evolution has no evidence if you haven't SEEN the evidence. It makes you look like a professional tard.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eagles1106
Spark are you really that stupid, go back to wikipedia...TYPE IN EVOLUTION scroll down and OH MY GOD look it says EVOLUTION EVIDENCE. ITS A MIRACALE! Also ever hear of vestigial structures<---very good evidence smack tard
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6698

JaMDuDe wrote:

Well you said two of every animal couldnt fit on the ark. The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits,

Answersingenesis.org wrote:

The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits (Genesis 6:15)...

JaMDuDe wrote:

...thats the size of 522 American railroad stalk cars...

answersingenesis.org wrote:

...To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard American railroad stock cars...

JaMDuDe wrote:

...each of them can hold 240 sheep...

...each of which can hold 240 sheep...

JaMDuDe wrote:

...If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50x50x30 centimetres...

If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50x50x30 centimetres...

JaMDuDe wrote:

...16,000 animals would only take up 14.4 stock cars...

... the 16,000 animals would only occupy 1200 m3 (42,000 cubic feet) or 14.4 stock cars...

JaMDuDe wrote:

That would leaves 507.6 stock cars for food/water and anything else. Thats plenty of room.

answersingenesis' math wrote:

522 stock cars - 14.4 for the animals = 507.6 stock cars

JaMDuDe wrote:

I know i look like it to you but im not an idiot who is gona follow stuff cause people told me to.
You were saying?

The original document is here, if anyone would like to peruse it: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio … nimals.asp
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644
Back with the original post, I feel the authors opinion. I grew up always going to church and considering myself christian. Then when I got older I started questioning it. Reading genisis felt no different than any other creationalist story. Now I only believe what I know to be true. I feel that any religion may be correct or that any theory may be correct. We just don't know.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

eagles1106 wrote:

Spark are you really that stupid, go back to wikipedia...TYPE IN EVOLUTION scroll down and OH MY GOD look it says EVOLUTION EVIDENCE. ITS A MIRACALE! Also ever hear of vestigial structures<---very good evidence smack tard
WTF?

I think you deserve a 3-day-ban for that.

Well, smack tard, maybe you can't see so I'll give it here for you

Main article: Evidence of evolution
So what are you saying, anyway? That it's not evidence?

---

Go Skruples! I would Karma you but I already have

Last edited by Spark (2006-04-23 23:42:36)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6626|Tasmania

Skruples wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Well you said two of every animal couldnt fit on the ark. The Ark measured 300x50x30 cubits,

JaMDuDe wrote:

...To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard American railroad stock cars...

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

...If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50x50x30 centimetres...

If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50x50x30 centimetres...

JaMDuDe wrote:

... the 16,000 animals would only occupy 1200 m3 (42,000 cubic feet) or 14.4 stock cars...

JaMDuDe wrote:

That would leaves 507.6 stock cars for food/water and anything else. Thats plenty of room.

JaMDuDe wrote:

I know i look like it to you but im not an idiot who is gona follow stuff cause people told me to.
You were saying?

The original document is here, if anyone would like to peruse it: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio … nimals.asp
Ooh, nicely done.
JaMDuDe
+69|6774

Spark wrote:

Leave Noah's Ark to the Noah's Ark thread. Thankyou.

I still don't think you've seen this. Please tell me if you have and WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT. It's no good saying that evolution has no evidence if you haven't SEEN the evidence. It makes you look like a professional tard.
This is on wikepedia "Evidence from comparative embryology
Comparative embryology shows how embryos start off looking the same. As they develop, their similarities slowly decrease until they take the form of their particular class.

For example, adult vertebrates are diverse, yet their embryos are quite similar at very early stages. Fishlike structures still form in early embryos of reptiles, birds, and mammals. In fish embryos, a two-chambered heart, some veins, and parts of arteries develop and persist in adult fishes. The same structures form early in human embryos but do not persist as such in adults."

Thats false. Ever heard of Haeckles fake drawings?

The four winged fruit flies can ONLY survive in a laboratory. Incomplete fossil records. Finch that change with different seasons(drought) actually go back to normal when it starts raining again. The guy who made this was not a scientist, and he lived in the 1800s. In china, fossil records from the cambrian explosion show that darwins tree of life is turned upside down. The rock layer right under the cambrian explosion is PERFECT for soft bodied animals and stuff yet there is still nothing there.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-24 14:42:25)

eagles1106

Spark wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

WTF?

I think you deserve a 3-day-ban for that.

Well, smack tard, maybe you can't see so I'll give it here for you

Main article: Evidence of evolution
So what are you saying, anyway? That it's not evidence?

---

Go Skruples! I would Karma you but I already have
I thought you meant that when you posted the link "here" and you typed in evidence of evolution you couldnt find anything
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
Jamdude do you have ANY original thoughts?
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6655|South West England

Skruples wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

You were saying?

ROFL Owned, this guy has to steal other peoples text word for word, +1 karma for joo
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6832|Deutschland/Germany

JaMDuDe wrote:

For example, adult vertebrates are diverse, yet their embryos are quite similar at very early stages. Fishlike structures still form in early embryos of reptiles, birds, and mammals. In fish embryos, a two-chambered heart, some veins, and parts of arteries develop and persist in adult fishes. The same structures form early in human embryos but do not persist as such in adults."

Thats false. Ever heard of Haeckles fake drawings?
So it s false that human embryos have a two-chambered heart.....uhm no it s not. They also have eyes on the sides, skin between the fingers etc.
The drawings are exaggerated but this does not show that the theory is wrong. Would it make the whole creation story wrong if some creationist made false claims?

JaMDuDe wrote:

"Homologous structures and divergent (adaptive) evolution" is dirt too, animals have been found with the same traits yet different genes and not a common ancestor.
Do you even know what homologous structures are? I don t think so.
Homologous structures = same basic structure due to same ancestor

Animals with the same traits but different genes are there due to convergent evolution, homologies are a totally different story. They live in the same way so they develop similar traits e.g. marsupial wolf in australia ---- normal wolf. Perfectly explained by evolution.
-----> Your statement is proven to be absolutely wrong and shows that you don t really know much about evolution. I would encourage you to read some books about evolution or even sth. on the internet on sites that don t have creation, christian or god in the URL. How do you want to judge evolution when you only know the "christian perspective" of christiananswers.com genesisisfreakincool.com etc.?

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-04-24 14:40:08)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6775

Marconius wrote:

wombat, the bible can be argued since it's a BOOK.  You can believe it was written by god, but in reality, it was written just as all books today are written.  By humans.  Since no one can offer up any proof that god wrote the bible without having to rely on the suspension of disbelief that is faith, it obviously comes under much scrutiny as the more supernatural things that occur inside of it cannot be recreated.

The Big Bang Theory is still being tested, but it has come up with more conceivable and solid proof than just relying on a written passage that's meant to just be accepted.  Obviously, the events creating the Big Bang cannot occur on our planet, though we can simulate said events on an extremely minor scale using the Large Hadron Collider at CERN and any of the cyclotron/particle accelerators in the world.  We've been able to break the atom down into its components, and further down to the leptons and their structures.  We've established and observed the existence of the 4 fundamental forces in this universe.  We've constantly questioned, pushed, tested, experimented in order to gain more knowledge and understanding.

And rather than wanting to think of how utterly astounding that world is, you'd rather not think about it and just attribute it all to a few sentences in a book written over 2000 years ago, believe that as being solid and unquestionable fact, and go about your life.

The spleen produces and removes blood cells from our immune systems, if you wanted to know.  If you feel that science is failing in fully understanding something, maybe you should look deeper into the causes, such as the beginning threads of science being held back by a dominant faith-based authority.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Marconius at it again. 

"It is currently under construction, and scheduled to start operation in 2007, when it will become the world's largest particle accelerator."
JaMDuDe
+69|6774

XanKrieger wrote:

Skruples wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

You were saying?

ROFL Owned, this guy has to steal other peoples text word for word, +1 karma for joo
Why cant i just give him the numbers he asked for?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard