loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
I prefer go to the small mom and pop Mexican restaurants; it is close to authentic as it gets around here. There are the chains but they serve small portions unlike the family owned
TravisC555
+118|6219|Cox Convention Center, OK
A&W is good.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

Mekstizzle wrote:

Aztlan shall rise again

Maybe the Tex-Mex food joints would improve, you always hear dodgy things about them even in this thread, is it really true though? Are they really nuclear on the digestive system?
You have to condition your bowels to chilies. A lot of whiteys power down salsa but then defecate blood the next day. It's not your taste buds, it's the linings in your intestines. So a blimey from Liverpool could come to California and eat some asada tacos and it would taste great, but your stomach might protest. Hot peppers, acid from the tomatoes and lime, all can actually lead to diverticulitis if done in excess to a untrained stomach.

There is nothing like the sweat from a chile releno washed down with a mexican nazi ( most mexican breweries were started by germans who fled to south america after ww2 ) dark beer like negro modela. Puerco pibil with cilantro, marinaded onion and key limes...my nipples get hard just thinking about it. A good mole basted roast chicken....mmm mmmm.

As far as those greasy joints making you sick; it is from the above. If the places were unsanitary the locals would shun it as they would be getting sick too. I look for hand pressed tortillas, a jukebox with ranchera music and pastries. If the joint makes pastries they are serious about their food. Mole is a traditional dish with around 29 spices that takes hours to make. Packaged chips are a sure sign of suck.

A place that specializes in mariscos is going to have a ambitious young gourmet chef, most of the times. The azada and pollo dishes are usually amazing. Sea food ( mariscos ) requires greater skill to cook, so the food on average is going to be good.

900k is for the franchise of a Chipotle restaraunt and it is a rip off. The commercial gear to open a small place would be around 35k usa.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

loubot wrote:

I prefer go to the small mom and pop Mexican restaurants; it is close to authentic as it gets around here. There are the chains but they serve small portions unlike the family owned
Same here, but in a lot of areas you don't have a more authentic Mexican/Tex-Mex place, or you might be in a rush. So Chipotle's the next best thing.

There's this tiny little taqueria in DC called Taqueria Distrito Federal that makes some really good tacos. But it's a bit out of the way for me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6366|California
taco trucks are the best
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
This thread made me hungry. Fawwkk.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
I am watching hockey and it is making me thirst for some beer
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Hey guess what ghetto and henno?
Chipotle - 10 minutes away
In N Out - 10 minutes away
lolololol
also the fast food joints in China are a lot cleaner
I went to Micky D's in Shanghai and it was really clean and they served chicken wings, also Burger King in Hong Kong and it was really crowded though but it was nice, food was good too, i only ate half of a burger cause my GF didn't want it anymore
Fuck youuuuuu! I'm drunk and hungry right now.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
chipotle is mcdonalds offspring fyi.....

and KFC sells more chicken in china than any other place.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

fast food
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

11 Bravo wrote:

Chinese love chicken feet and neck. Feet especially And azns love chicken generally.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Cybargs wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Chinese love chicken feet and neck. Feet especially And azns love chicken generally.
their gods are made from chicken parts
greensprite
awsm
+13|6166|Germany
I'd like to have Taco Bell here...or Denny's.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

greensprite wrote:

Trust me, you don't.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
In columbus, we get TV commericals of fast foods places that are not in the area. Yah I like to go to an IHop but the nearest one is 40 miles away.
There's Jack-in-the-box but fook if any one knows where it is.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6166|Germany

Ilocano wrote:

greensprite wrote:

Trust me, you don't.
Why? When I was in Texas for a few days we always went to Taco Bell and Denny's.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DC needs Wawa and Sonic. 7-Eleven blows. It's kinda annoying, there are always ads on TV for Sonic but the closest one is like 50 miles away.

Chipotle - check
In n Out - Don't have it, but Five Guys started here and asides from shakes and animal fries, they're basically the same

Those are the only good fast food chains I can think of.

edit: lulz I had Chipotle for lunch today.
5 Guys is better than In N Out.
This. By miles.

There should be a Donerkebap chain open up over here. Seriously.

Then people here would know what good fast food really is.

And anyone who goes to Texas and spends their time in Taco Hell or Denny's needs to have their head examined. Too many Jaliscos or Mom & Pop style diners to bother with chain vanilla bullshit, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio

loubot wrote:

In columbus, we get TV commericals of fast foods places that are not in the area. Yah I like to go to an IHop but the nearest one is 40 miles away.
There's Jack-in-the-box but fook if any one knows where it is.
i found out that columbus is a test market for many fast food joints.  i think thats why we get those commercials also.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6446|Amsterdam‫
i have a pizzahut across the street,   mac D BK and FEBO for far away
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

https://www.competitiveeaters.com/images/BackYardBurgerslogo-1_014.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

greensprite wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

greensprite wrote:

Trust me, you don't.
Why? When I was in Texas for a few days we always went to Taco Bell and Denny's.
Go tryy a Culver's butter burger. They're pretty good
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
ruisleipa
+149|6222|teh FIN-land
In answer to the OP I reckon it's cos we have enough of our own shitty 'fast food' places thanks very much.

https://www.jumbo.fi/staff/140-HESBURGER.jpg

https://www.juki-lux.fi/galleriat/picnicfriisi.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
All the fast food joints and gas stations around here are getting knocked down to make room for stupid useless banks.

mcgid1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Aztlan shall rise again

Maybe the Tex-Mex food joints would improve, you always hear dodgy things about them even in this thread, is it really true though? Are they really nuclear on the digestive system?
As a native Texan who has eaten at these joints all his life, no.  To many a out-of-towner whose digestive system is not used to taco seasoning or refried beans, yes.  It's not that the joints are all dodgy, it's that the style of food in general has a certain quality and effect on those who don't eat it often.
If someone not from around the area gets Montezuma's Revenge(diarrhea), then that means the ingredients are authentic

TravisC555 wrote:

A&W is good.
The only place I ever saw one of those was in a mall in Annapolis, never again.  The hot dogs were good though.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Apparently Chipotle is opening a restaurant in London in April; totally worth the 50 quid train ride!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

ghettoperson wrote:

Apparently Chipotle is opening a restaurant in London in April; totally worth the 50 quid train ride!
I used to make the drive to go to In-n-Out.  Now that I have one not five minutes away, I hardly go...

greensprite wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

greensprite wrote:

Trust me, you don't.
what FEOS said above.  Texas.  Come all this way, and you go to watered down franchises?  Ton's of authentic Tex-Mex and American Diner fair better than Taco Bell and Denny's.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-03-01 10:09:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard