dshak
+4|6821
Okay,

This one will go down in battefield2 lore forever. This was like the one good golf shot that keeps you coming back even though you're a +20 handicap... these are the moments that make all the noobs, whores, and hackers seem irrelevant...

I'm playing Kubra Damn, my favorite map, and the US team had capped our (MEC) main airefield base. We were launching a massive assault to get it back, but as you all know when this happens the pooch is pretty much screwed with US jets and choppers flying everywhere and no answer for the MEC. So I'm out near our artillery with my M95 hiding in the weeds... I had been knifing special ops guys who came to blow our stuff up (yes, for those who know me you know I'm still on that ceasless crusade for the basic knife badge, trying every tactic imaginable). I see this blackhawk just circling our airfield raping us with duel mini guns blazing. I mean this is a really good chopper squad, a pair of gunners, a pair of engineers, and the pilot fixed in a holding pattern just racking up kill assists.

So out of PURE ANGST I fire off a shot and somehow drill the pilot, here's where it gets good... he must have panicked and hit the wrong button, because he bails from the chopper, doesn't open his chute in time, splatters on the ground... the pilotless chopper drifts head on into the path of a jet that was taking off... BOOM... the jet and chopper explode killing the 4 clueless guys inside and the jet pilot. I KILLED 6 GUYS, A BLACKHAWK, AND A JET WITH ONE SNIPER SHOT! It all happened so fast that by the time I thought to take a screen it was too late. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

Want to know the real kicker... I killed 6 guys and two aircraft with the luckiest shot in the history of BF2... and got credit for zero kills. Regardless... that was the golf shot....

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-18 10:47:22)

3stitches
fajitalude
+0|6802|Radcliff, KY
Holy crap! Great shot. Great story.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6804|Eastern PA
You killed the BH pilot with your shot - that's why he "fell out" and never opened a 'chute . . . Same thing happens to anyone killed in a chopper.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Suck to only get one kill though.
I can just see your enemy grimicing and thinking "Holy fuck!"
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pinky_81
+1|6798|Denmark
I stole a MEC tank from their main base at Gulf of Oman once... I raped a little underway and a lot of people where trying to get payback... Om my way back to the battle I shot a little to scare of the attackers - I see the rotors of the attack chopper start to rotate and took a pot shot: BOOM!! Hit the healthy chopper right on top giving me 2 kills with 1 blast from almost up at the hotel...
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6804|Eastern PA

Tyferra wrote:

I can just see your enemy grimicing and thinking "Holy fuck!"
Precisely my reaction on 3 seperate occasions when I was the (unknowingly doomed) BH pilot . . .
L3onardo
+1|6813
Mmmmmmmm, so you hide to knife Spec-Ops ha.......
Ok see you soon

btw nice shot though

Last edited by L3onardo (2005-10-19 02:33:52)

(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6777
nice shot.
dshak
+4|6821
Actually,

I didn't even kill the pilot of the chopper, he just bailed. (apparent from the absence of a 'you killed soandso' message on my screen)

I got credit for zero kills, but it was worth every second (of which the whole episode took about 2 total).

Haha, as for you spec ops guys who are now hunting for me in the weeds, don't spend too much time, like all the other "surefire" approaches people have given me for getting the basic knife badge, that one didn't work either. NO I'm not a super noob with the knife, I can handle it well, I just don't seem to get all these "easy opportunities" everyone constantly talks about.

The worst advice I ever got was to chase a guy from behind, as long as he's moving forward he's near impossible to stab, as every time you swing that pig sticker you slow down and he's out of range. I hate that badge.

I H A T E T H A T B A D G E

I wish I could just BUY it off someone so this unhealthy obsession would end and I could enjoy playing the game again. Its making me criminally insane I swear to it!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841
How do you know your bullet caused the pilot to bail?
Maybe his little kid brother decided to push 'e'.
Maybe he was using 'w' and 's' to manage his altitude and accidentally hit 'e'?
You don't know that you caused it.
If you did cause it.. (nobody will ever know) good "shot." or maybe good "scare tactic"
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

dshak wrote:

Haha, as for you spec ops guys who are now hunting for me in the weeds, don't spend too much time, like all the other "surefire" approaches people have given me for getting the basic knife badge, that one didn't work either. NO I'm not a super noob with the knife, I can handle it well, I just don't seem to get all these "easy opportunities" everyone constantly talks about.
lol. we don't (I don't) sit and wait.. I go out and go head to head with g3s(and any other weapon) with my knife. that's the only way you can do it. you can't get 18 knifes just sitting around waiting.
dshak
+4|6821
ha thanks slay... take away my glory....

okay, perhaps it was all a coincidence. I happened to hit him (yes, I got the little yellow indicator that I hit him) and then his little brother hit his keyboard or something and he bailed. The only thing I can confirm is the chain of events I described, and as they unfolded, I believe that was probably one of the luckiest and deadly shots I've ever seen in this game, and even you doubters can't take that away from me! ha.

whether it was me or some other random thing, it was one of the funniest sequences I've ever seen so far in this game... ever heard that story about a butterfly flapping his wings in the rain forest and 10,000 miles away a hurricane begins... lol

then again, pehaps I should give myself MORE credit... with 48% sniper accuracy and nearing 2000 sniper rifle kills, maybe I don't give my skills with that particular weapon enough credit... yeah.... more credit... hmmmm

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-20 09:59:04)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

dshak wrote:

ha thanks slay... take away my glory....

okay, perhaps it was all a coincidence. I happened to hit him (yes, I got the little yellow indicator that I hit him) and then his little brother hit his keyboard or something and he bailed. The only thing I can confirm is the chain of events I described, and as they unfolded, I believe that was probably one of the luckiest and deadly shots I've ever seen in this game, and even you doubters can't take that away from me! ha.

whether it was me or some other random thing, it was one of the funniest sequences I've ever seen so far in this game... ever heard that story about a butterfly flapping his wings in the rain forest and 10,000 miles away a hurricane begins... lol

then again, pehaps I should give myself MORE credit... with 48% sniper accuracy and nearing 2000 sniper rifle kills, maybe I don't give my skills with that particular weapon enough credit... yeah.... more credit... hmmmm

Foo-Fighter(UK)
Boom...Headshot!
+0|6851|Sunderland, UK
Good Shot mate
Cyjoki
Veni, Vidi, Vici
+0|6771|Nebraska, United States
This is small time.

Back in Battlefield 1942, My friend Brent was playing one of the desert maps for the first time.

He was playing as the germans, and he was a rifleman.

If you knew my friend Brent, you would know he is kind of a jackass. So he was running around the airstrip on one of the huge desert maps blowing up friendly planes and generally being stupid when a B52 flys over and starts to bomb the airstrip. Out of sheer anger he aims at the cockpit of this plane and fires a single shot within about 2 seconds of the bombs starting to fall.

Now, this plane is about 3000 feet up, and isnt even clearly visible.

HE HITS THE PILOT IN THE HEAD! KILLS HIM! AND DESTROYS THE PLANE!

Thats a great shot.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6821
Was it under Flak fire? It could've been damaged enough for him to get the kill.

My mate is always shooting down BHs with his G36C after they've already taken a barreling.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6854
I was jumping around avioding the apache and I took aim, in about 2 seconds of taking aim I took a shot, hit the pilot leaving the helicopter to crash and get the other kill. Two guys on the hill were planting C4 on a buggy, I took the shot and dropped the first one...reloaded and took the second shot which dropped the driver. Another buggy below me came, I kill the gunner. whipped out a pistol and before I could kill the guy behing me I got a double claymore kill for the buggy.

About 2 minutes later I noticed the driver of an APC layign some mines, as soon as I took the headshot I got pistoled from beinhd, same second. BTW This was on Fu-She pass on one of the cooling towers on the South mine entrance I think. Anyway it was a good streat with plenty of suprises and interesting turns.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6773
2 miracle shots:

on mashtuur city i'm crossing a deserted road as a USMC sniper with my trusty m95 when suddenly around the corner comes a humvee with a maniacal MEC driver that wants to turn me into paste.  i'm in the middle of road and all out of energy so i think what the hell and line up my sights and blow his head off, but the runaway humvee is coming at me at full speed so i dive down and it rolls over me but doesn't kill me.

on karkand i'm a USMC sniper with the M24 and at the beginning of rounds i like to lay down right away and blow up the explosive barrel and trailer that i see at the MEC hotel base.  so i shoot the barrel and the explosion kills 3 MEC soldiers. feeling good, i decide to blow up the trailer and 2 MEC happen to come out of the alley way at the same time, so i snag 5 easy kills in about 10 seconds
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
You know normally I wouldn't post this but it fits so well into the theme of this thread already.

Map: Operation Clean Sweep
Flag: Far Right upper MEC Base (One with Helo pad)

There I was sitting at the base guarding it in my tank doing my thing while the Commander was hidden nearby doing his. Two players on MEC spawning, getting into the Attack Chopper, heading out doing their thing.

Suddenly all hell breaks lose.

MEC Chopper gearing up to take off.
Closly behind them on the other side of the hill is the US Attack Chopper coming in for a kill.
Followed by an F-15 coming in for a double bombing run.
Somwhere off my minimap one of the MEC fighters is coming in to dogfight the US F-15 (This I didn't see until it happened).

I know this is going to suck big time and so I get lined up for at least one shot before I die a horrible screaming death to a series of rockets or bombs. I had parked right behind the tree and TOW launcher on that tiny hill next to the road facing the Heli pad and large hill with the Stinger emplacement and Radar. I move up on the incline raising the tanks up about 25 degrees and improving my ability to shoot into the air.

The US attackchopper is too busy getting a line up on the MEC Chopper which is quickly turning to meet him as I was spotting him like crazy. I fire hitting the US Chopper straight on immediately making it smoke, the MEC chopper climbs quickly attempting to get altitude on the US Chopper. The US chopper climbs backwards attempting to maintain altitude and also dodge any more incoming shots from me. F-15 expecting a normal bombing run is diving and doesn't notice the US chopper climbing right into him nor does he realize that an MEC jet is coming in to shoot at him.

Now listen closely because it happened so fast that it took a few seconds for it to register for me while playing the game.

I shoot with my tank and hit the US Attack Chopper just as the MEC Attack Chopper's gunner shoots the TV Guided missle and the pilot is laying into them with the Hellfires. My shot kills the US Attack Chopper (2 Kills), the Hellfires explode the wreckage and it falls even quicker, the TV Guided missle misses the US Attack Chopper and flies upwards hitting the F-15 who was just about to release bombs (1 Kill) and then suddenly our MEC jet plows into the MEC attack chopper (2 Tks, 1 Suicide) which had gained altitude very quickly in all this.

My God the rain of fire and wreckage that errupted over my head in a few split seconds. All I could do is stare in disbelief at the kill summary going across the screen. The chatter then erupted on the public channel from both sides involved in this saying just how cool that course of events were.

I don't know if something involving that many flying and ground vehicles will ever happen again with me watching but all I have to say is it was damn cool.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6786
Wow.....

Your stories are cool.....

Mine are sort of stupid.  I would have to say my best shot ever was when I was playing on the MEC side, on the Kubra Dam map, as the gunner of a Su-34.  Being a gunner, I only have control of the TV guided missiles.

So, my pilot sights two (full, as I would later find out) enemy helo transports (a blackhawk and an MI-8 or whatever that bumblebee thing is) - one stolen from our base - flying to take a certain outpost on Kubra Dam (construction sight is it?).  Initially, I figure the pilot will just kill one and come around, so I sort of just wait, and check out my TV sight.

Perfect - I might snag a kill out of this after all - an enemy tank is coming across the dam.  So, I line up my shot, and get a lock.

Right after I lock on, my pilot, deciding he is too close, decides to pull up and to the right, which will cause our left wing to JUST BARELY miss the enemy helicopters (which, for some reason I will never know, were flying VERY close to each other).

What happens next was almost all luck and circumstance.

As you all know, the TV guided missiles on the jets are stored under the wings.  Well, it just so happens that the wing my particular selected missile was stored under was our left wing.

Now, RIGHT AS our pilot decides to pull up and to the right, I fire my TV guided missile, but the pilot breaks the lock with his desperate maneuver.  Normally, I would have figured "SH*T.  Flying idiot - broke my lock at the last second".

However, I had already fired my missile, so apparently I also wasted a shot, right?

Wrong.  The missile, on a downward course immediately from my left wing, slams into the blackhawk helicopter that my pilot just missed by raising his left wing and climbing.  I immediately switch into nosecam to look behind me and see what just happened, I guess I was in a bit shock myself.  As I watch, the blackhawk's wreckage falls right on top of the loaded MI-8, taking it out, and both wreckages fall on top of the tank that I had initially attempted to shoot at.  One of the coolest sights of my BF2 playing career.

I check out the score next, it looked something like this:

DrDestruction [Su-34] ________
DrDestruction [Su-34] ________
DrDestruction [Blackhawk] ________

And so forth.  I found out that both helos were filled because I had 12 more kills than previously registered.  For those who don't know, the reason it said Blackhawk for some of the kills was because the Blackhawk I had destroyed caused the death of the MI-8 by crashing into it - netting me the kills.

The tank?  The tank survived, but I apparently injured its machine gunner.  How?  Because about 30 seconds later I got a kill-damage assist when it was blown up .

So, to sum it all up, in a stupid maneuver by my pilot following a bad strafing run on a helo transport, a botched TV-guided missile shot on an Abrams by me had turned into twelve kills and a kill damage assist moments later.  It also induced ALOT of "ROFL's" and "LMAO's" as the people who saw it and the people who realized what had happened burst into laughter.

My best shot ever.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

great story, i posted it in my clan's forums lol. but u know, u could check under the community section in bf2 and maybe the server u were on had a battlerecorder and u can download the file and then take a screenshot. just a guess
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6807|Long Beach, CA
Nice, its a damn shame somtimes when you cause all that destruction and dont get a kill.  I wonder about that sometimes because i have gotten kills shooting my M4 or even a shotgun at out of control choppers that crashes.  Im like *shrug the shoulders* and wonder how I got credit.

Heres my great shot story - So im in a Tank on Fushe Pass and I see the  2 choppers battling it out pretty high up.  They are facing eachother and circling and gaining altitude all at the same time.  they slowing get out of my site and i rolled back down an embankment and fired 1 random shot in their direction.  Just 1 shot i wasnt firing every time the reload came around.  To my surprise i killed the enemy chopper and got 2 kills.  Its more of a lucky shot really i mean i could have waxed my teams chopper since i couldnt even see either of them.

Last edited by ^DD^GRiPS (2005-10-23 21:45:51)

Ptfo
Futur19
+0|6770
I was on the crane of mashtuur with my friend, and were picking off people with the medic and spec-ops guns respectively. I run out of ammo, and rather than reloading I chuck a nade from the very top of the crane. It falls down and kills 2 guys. Considering it's not a gun, it's not really a shot, but whatever.

Also, I was flying a plane of wake, and I'm pretty bad at it, so I decided to kamikaze some commies. I'm coming to the island, and out of nowhere I see a helicopter, assuming it's an enemy I head straight at it, last second, teamate dealy shows up. So I swerve to avoid it and hit a friendly plane, AND the helicopter, resulting in major TKage. The game locks up for a second, its disconnects me. Punkbuster error, you've been kicked for excessive TKs.  I was rofling quite a bit at that. ALso not a shot, but same idea.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6807|Long Beach, CA
Mushtuur has a crane?  your great shot story involves a mass TKing?   OKAY!
Ptfo
dshak
+4|6821
yes, it involved a mass tking that I caused... the very definition of a great shot in m opinion... my single bullet led to it, infact, I LOVE that description.... MASS TEAMKILLING... makes it sound like I gave them LSD or something and they all shanked eachother with their knives

edit - I see you were refering to the post above. still, I love the concept of causing a mass tk  (for the other team of course!)

I'd like to find that crane on mashtuur to! I usually stay away from cranes but man that ones well hidden!

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-25 10:40:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard