ProDicTeD
+2|6806

thinner44 wrote:

HoOCabbage wrote:

If they changed the game so that a jump of any kind exhausted your run bar a certain large percentage it would cut down a lot on the pointless hopping.  There is a time to jump to avoid incoming rocket fire though.
It does, look at your staus bar next time you jump ... bunny hoppers can hop all they like, but they can't run till the status goes from red to white.

My take on 'bunny hopping', they are the ones that will jump continuously to avoid being shot, whether at CQC or distance... but will happily shoot you whilst they're hopping... it's not pretty, but it's their tactic, 'we' who don't hop, will have to adjust accordingly ... I usually get killed by them, but hey, it's a game.
you will never be killed by me if i'm bunny hopping like i said in another topic about this subject. I have nothing against bunny hopping if you're trying to avoid tanks/assault! But i never bunnyhop when someone is shooting at me! i just go prone and AK is ass!
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6825|Australia
its not hard to hit a bunny hopper, learn to shoot and you wont feel the need to cry.
i jump when im under heavy fire and dont have anything but defibs out, it gets me out of the fire long enough to get my gun out and shoot them as they run around the corner, or ill jump around the courner if i know there is someone waiting for me to run around it.
After 400 hours i cant be called a noob anymore.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6794|Eastern PA
Shotguns were made for killing bunnies . . .
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6834
I start jumping like mad when i am out of ammo... when i have reloaded my gun i lie down and shoot the enemy

but i think that's not bunny hopping is it?

the guys who do it all the time really piss me off!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)
I deal with bunny hoppers the easy way - I SHOOT them. Simple. Effective.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I deal with bunny hoppers the easy way - I SHOOT them. Simple. Effective.
I prefer the "dodge this" tactic, where I plant 3 or more c4 bags, throw 3 grenades, or fire a hailstorm of DAO fire at them.  Seems to work for me.
dan500
+57|6845

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i cannot stand nade launchers.
I use to feel the same, but i find 60% of people in the severs use the f00king n00b tube, so i have found myself useing it alot in sever where other people do, if theres no n00b tubes, then its to the PKM or G36C
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6802|Plymouth, England
This is hilarious.

This is a game, and I will play it how I want.  If that includes jumping (which is actually very realistic - I can jump in real life too, even with a heavy bag on my back and a gun in my hand), then so be it.

It's very easy indeed to kill bunny hoppers anyway (unless they're grenade launching) - just shoot where they're going to land.  It's not hard, I wouldn't even say it takes much talent - just a bit of common sense.

I just have to say though - what is people's problems with bunny hopping?  Is it because the people are hard to kill?  If so, see above. 
Or is it because it's not very realistic?  Realistic like being able to shock me back to life after I just took an M95 round to the head?  Realistic like dying and then suddenly appearing 1000's of feet away, next to your squad leader who was nowhere near you when you died?  Realistic like being able to raise a flag whilst sat inside a tank?

Do you see?  It's a game.  If you want realism and people not bunny hopping, go and play paintball or sign up to the real armed forces and leave the fun to the people who recognise it as a game, and play it accordingly.
3stitches
fajitalude
+0|6792|Radcliff, KY
There has already been a post about adapting.  Who cares if someone bunny hops,  uses a noob tube, or caps flags in a heli, just adapt and kill the sob's.  Yeah it looks funny to see someone hopping like an idiot, I just laugh. I bunny hop so what, whats wrong you cant kill bunny hoppers or something. lol.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
I agree with my Englist bretherend there...LOL! 
thinner44
+1|6807

Rogness wrote:

Or is it because it's not very realistic?  Realistic like being able to shock me back to life after I just took an M95 round to the head?  Realistic like dying and then suddenly appearing 1000's of feet away, next to your squad leader who was nowhere near you when you died?  Realistic like being able to raise a flag whilst sat inside a tank?
Damn, you mean it's not possible to 'shock back to life' after taking a headshot, and not being able to spawn by the SL point.... I must read up on history, I thought WW1 and WW2 were won that way

Don't get so uppity though, most people hate bunny hoppers, but like you say, it's a game and you'll play it how you want... and if I inflict myxomatosis, that's my choice too.

Posts are just POVs.... expressions of how we feel about the 'game' and not directed to each other personally... well I try not to
HG_TheTank
+2|6763
Unfortunetly dice/ea again targeted the CS community with BF2.
Bunny hopping, dolphins, crosshairs... made so they could cash in on the kiddies.

One thing cs did have and I liked was the 'stopping power' of weapons.
Every hit ment the slightest delay in anything you did.

Bunny hopping realistic?
Tell that to a drill instructor and ask him if you can try it out with live ammo.

I hope they release FH2 soon.
Ravlen
+0|6778
I have issues with bunny hopping at all, I'll try to kill them if I can... If I run into a tank face to face, I'll run/hop/run my way behind a building and try to stay alive.

What I DO have issues with is prone jumping. The people that hop past but are virtually permanently prone in the air. I think you should be able to hop around if you want, and you should be able to go prone, but not both. THAT should be removed... bunny hopping can stay.

BTW, bunny hopping does not come from CS, it comes from Quake/Quake2, every hop would accelerate you a little bit more, so if you bunny hopped properly several times in a row, you could get a lot of speed and you could make jumps across gaps that would otherwise be unpassable.

Ravlen
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6802|Plymouth, England

thinner44 wrote:

Rogness wrote:

Damn, you mean it's not possible to 'shock back to life' after taking a headshot, and not being able to spawn by the SL point.... I must read up on history, I thought WW1 and WW2 were won that way

Don't get so uppity though, most people hate bunny hoppers, but like you say, it's a game and you'll play it how you want... and if I inflict myxomatosis, that's my choice too.

Posts are just POVs.... expressions of how we feel about the 'game' and not directed to each other personally... well I try not to
Exactly dude, and my post was just opinion too.  I didn't think it was uppity

I tell you what though - bunny hopping would be cut out completely if only the vehicles had headlights...

"Aaagh lights, which way do I turn?  Noooooooo..."!

@ Dave - thanks for the support man, us folk got to stick together.

Last edited by Rogness (2005-10-19 09:34:11)

ronin1942
+-1|6841
if you're bitching about people who jump around a lot then learn to shoot. thats like asking people to stand still for snipers..lol. I hate people bitching about tank/chopper/jet whoring there is an easy solution to that problem either blow them up or avoid them. my point .....life's not fair ..... get better at the game and you wont be whored out like a one armed 12yr old cambodian boy.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6777|Northern VA

ronin1942 wrote:

...get better at the game and you wont be whored out like a one armed 12yr old cambodian boy.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!!
HG_TheTank
+2|6763
Wow... is it even possible to scoop any lower the ronin?
Gotta love trash talking kids...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6767|Human Meat Shield
What do you mean n00bs?! Notice my suck skills and I say at least 150 of the deaths are from veterans bunny-hopping. Newsflash, us newbies are too busy standing still (or finally found out going prone) and clicking mouse going backwards to avoid. In other words too busy to jump and clicking and using w/s/a/d to even find the spacebar, and why would you jump towards someone... The skills of jumping came from BF42 I noticed.  I also noticed yesterday was shooting and someone jump OVER me and behind me to get a kill...It's all about stats....all about stats...
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6838|Toronto, Canada

Rogness wrote:

This is hilarious.

This is a game, and I will play it how I want.  If that includes jumping (which is actually very realistic - I can jump in real life too, even with a heavy bag on my back and a gun in my hand), then so be it.

It's very easy indeed to kill bunny hoppers anyway (unless they're grenade launching) - just shoot where they're going to land.  It's not hard, I wouldn't even say it takes much talent - just a bit of common sense.

I just have to say though - what is people's problems with bunny hopping?  Is it because the people are hard to kill?  If so, see above. 

Do you see?  It's a game.  If you want realism and people not bunny hopping, go and play paintball or sign up to the real armed forces and leave the fun to the people who recognise it as a game, and play it accordingly.
Realism is not carrying a pack and a gun and jumping 5 feet in the air. If people do it to me, I will do it to them, though I tend to use the grenade launcher to pick snipers off rooftops and such at medium range....close range i'll AK them in the face from so close that even if they get a grenade round off they kill themselves too....in which case I don't mind dying .

And if you look at the stats, most of the people who advocate bunny hopping SUCK as players, so maybe it is good most of us avoid it.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6767|Human Meat Shield
I don't bunny-hop and I am a shitty player, maybe I need to start (nah). I just like playing! Who cares how many deaths I have.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6763|Toronto Canada
yeah that stuf is ghey!
The_Truth_16
+0|6786
bunny hopping is a crisis,  a natural CRISIS!!!!
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6762|Sumter, South Carolina
Yes I hate bunny hoppers with a burning fucking passion.
That and noob toobing little bitches
HoOCabbage
+0|6770
Its just annoying.  Its still easy to kill them.  If you can't lead a target when you're shooting you dont need to be playing a fps.
thinner44
+1|6807

Rogness wrote:

I tell you what though - bunny hopping would be cut out completely if only the vehicles had headlights...

"Aaagh lights, which way do I turn?  Noooooooo..."!
Love it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard