Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6602|Chandler, Arizona
I am looking into getting a new processor, and I don't know what I should get. I am looking at either getting an Athlon X2 3800+ or Athlon 64 4000+. I don't know which one I should get. I know the dual core technology is good for having background tasks while other things are going on. What is your guys' suggestion on what I should get?
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6692|England and damn proud
x2 FTW
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6739|Rochester, NY
If you like to multitask get X2  if you don't get 64.
{CN}420
+30|6687
I would go with X2.
breethon
+0|6659

Ditsch wrote:

I am looking into getting a new processor, and I don't know what I should get. I am looking at either getting an Athlon X2 3800+ or Athlon 64 4000+. I don't know which one I should get. I know the dual core technology is good for having background tasks while other things are going on. What is your guys' suggestion on what I should get?
Get the Socket 939 Opteron dual core (denmark).  Way better than x2 (double the cache).  You won't regret it.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6604|Ohio, USA
I agree with breethon.  Get the opteron dual core.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6739|Rochester, NY
Or wait for AM2 AND then get an Opteron... Or better yet Intel Conroe... Kicks AMD right off the charts... If you have the money that is :p Otherwise, X2 is enough for mainstream apps unless you are serious a power hogger, get the opteron.

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2006-04-23 19:53:42)

sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6685|Planet Seibertron ;)
go dual-core... which processor, I leave up to you.  Just stay away from Intel's Pentium D at all cost.  Avoid it like the plague.   I love this dual-core setup and it's been a wonder for the times I had a hanged process.  Definitely would not be verily possible with a single-core design.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard