• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 second
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

So I took my PC appart so I could RMA a GTX 260.  Put a 4850 back into the pc and I get:

USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds

Now, I thought maybe I had some sort of short so I took the PC to bits (three times now) and it still does it.  Even with all USB devices detached, (even from mobo header) I still get the issue.  It also comes away with no keyboard detected. 

I am now starting to think when I had it in bits, static or something has damaged the board thus it is fucked. 

Can anyone think of somthing else to try?

The board is an Asus P45 P5Q.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

Well, you've got something shorting a USB port. Look with a magnifier and flashlight into all the ports, and check around the headers on the motherboard that there's no tiny bit of metal lying about.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

Well I had a go at that, went at it with a dust blaster, no mm left unblasted and no joy.

Thing is, I turned it on earlier and got no image on screen, went and did something else, came back half and hour later and it was still on.  Too bad I couldnt get an image on screen.  Took it to bits, (fourth time now) and getting same problem.  I pressed tab at the start and got it to detect everything, but alas, I get the same error, again.

Last edited by Bell (2010-02-21 03:36:03)

baggs
+732|6175
keep hoovers away from your pc, a massive electro-static nuke is what a hoover is like to your pc.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

How about this, it is also saying no HD detected and when I remove both sticks of RAM, it doesnt turn off, but I get no picture.  :S
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5154|Hague City Firm - Holland
I had the same board for 3 months, it's a great board when it decides to be..

Had a pen lying against my case and when I turned on the PC, all the lights in the house flickered but not much else so continueing, playing a game, Internet etc etc and I need to write something down so I took the pen and pew... So I disconnected everything, replugged everything, start my PC up and the light on my case turns green but nothing ont he screen, no sounds coming form my PC other than the raging sound of my GFX card

Seems like the newer ASUS boards are very sensitive to short's. The only option have is to RMA it and wait for a replacement or a new board. I have a Gigabyte board now for a half year and it's better than my ASUS Maximus Formula, P5Q a.o. ASUS boards.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 second

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard