Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

ghettoperson wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Also for anyone who cares (probs not, but who gives a fuck), I never asked that girl out. She seems far more interested in talking to the biggest dbag in the room - i think they have some other classes together or something.
Pussy.
Heh, normally I'd agree. But it's not like I'm not trying here, she just doesnt seem to give a fuck what I have to say whenever he's around.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

I was just trying to motivate you. Yeah I guess in some cases you just don't stand a chance against some people. Unless you fingerbang her under the table during class.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

ghettoperson wrote:

I was just trying to motivate you. Yeah I guess in some cases you just don't stand a chance against some people. Unless you fingerbang her under the table during class.
I know - total cockblock, he is. She was well into me before he showed up and now *poof* could care less. Will probably have to steal her away after class sometime.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6365|California
why is everyone like that? if they go for one girl and she ends up getting cock block by another guy, i usually stop trying and go for another and next thing you know the previous girl is all jealous and shit and she wants me back, thats when im like, my room tonight baby
boom boom boom
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North
headbutt him in the face and stomp on his throat

bitches love that shit
Lai
+186|6150
Hey, anyone remember that discussion about "tell tale signs"? Someone mentioned as a distinct sign the overly frequent use of a name. For example: rather than person A adressing person B with: "could you,.." or "thanks", person A will adress person B with "B, could you,.." or "Thanks, B", in situations were a indication of the person adress is completely unecessary.

I was wondering:

1. How reliable an indicator is this?
2. When is the line crossed from randomness to suspicousness?
3. Is and if so, how dependent is this on culture (e.g. is the frequent use of a name for some people just a habit)?

I am aware that these three questions can not possibly be answered, that it is never clear cut, that it is hardly relevant, that it might lead to "overthinking", and that the above phrasing seems overly nerdy. But the discussion might be interesting.

Bevo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I know - total cockblock, he is. She was well into me before he showed up and now *poof* could care less. Will probably have to steal her away after class sometime.
i dare you to ask to sit by her
damn that douche!
prolly best to act normal and not jealous as that is a turn off
ladies like confidence
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I thought ladies like jealous clingers who don't take 'no' for an answer?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

Lai wrote:

Hey, anyone remember that discussion about "tell tale signs"? Someone mentioned as a distinct sign the overly frequent use of a name. For example: rather than person A adressing person B with: "could you,.." or "thanks", person A will adress person B with "B, could you,.." or "Thanks, B", in situations were a indication of the person adress is completely unecessary.

I was wondering:

3. Is and if so, how dependent is this on culture (e.g. is the frequent use of a name for some people just a habit)?

I am aware that these three questions can not possibly be answered, that it is never clear cut, that it is hardly relevant, that it might lead to "overthinking", and that the above phrasing seems overly nerdy. But the discussion might be interesting.
I think that was me, a long time ago.

I wouldn't use it as a sole indicator, but every time that it's struck me as odd, I was correct. (nerd sidenote: I was scammed in EVE this way. You tend to trust someone more when they use your name instead of a pronoun, even if you're not close, your brain will register this as friendly and trusting.) Sometimes it just feels out of place. Obvious uses are to start a conversation or in a similar fashion, but when you're being chatted up by a girl and they go "So Dylan..." or inject your name in every few sentences, it's out of place and a pretty decent sign. I would say there is a variance from culture to culture, but sometimes it just seems odd or off.

I obviously wouldn't go looking for it as a sign, but if it pops out at you I wouldn't distrust it.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i dare you to ask to sit by her
damn that douche!
prolly best to act normal and not jealous as that is a turn off
ladies like confidence
Yeah, I haven't let it bother me really. I'll say hi and she'll say hi back and chat up that other guy and that's that.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lol, if only
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Lai wrote:

I was wondering:

I think this entirely depends on the girl, but yes... It usually applies to most I think...

Usually overthinking is a good thing, due to the fact that you are nearly always right in the first place, and the simple answer is always the solution. When you overthink about a situation, it usually leads to the guy establishing the "no way, not a chance, I'm being totally stupid and para" lines... when in fact it's the opposite.
Lai
+186|6150

Zimmer wrote:

I think this entirely depends on the girl, but yes... It usually applies to most I think...

Usually overthinking is a good thing, due to the fact that you are nearly always right in the first place, and the simple answer is always the solution. When you overthink about a situation, it usually leads to the guy establishing the "no way, not a chance, I'm being totally stupid and para" lines... when in fact it's the opposite.
Hmmm,.. you are probaby right.

It is véry véry interesting from a linguistical pesrpective as well though. While names (like in the case of nobility) can serve as a legitimization for heritage and status claims etc., names, especially in spoken language, primarily function as identifiers. Whereas in this case it is unconsciously employed to recognize a person, or rather that person presence.

_j5689_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lol, if only
More likely depends on the lady in question. The ones that do though, are the ones more likely to end up in a women's refuge, because their boyfriend/husband beat the crap out of them at some point. Just sayin,..
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
this is half lols but also half serious

as i said in EE chat

krazed wrote:

hmm, how do you politely tell a girl she uses her teeth WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH when giving head?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH

krazed wrote:

as i said in EE chat

krazed wrote:

hmm, how do you politely tell a girl she uses her teeth WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH when giving head?
who says we dont know the answers to lifes everyday problem

practice makes perfect
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6325|England

krazed wrote:

as i said in EE chat

krazed wrote:

Bite her next time you go down on her. Then ask if it felt good.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
So here's my problem... Sort of.

There's this girl I like at the moment, who's insanely hot. Physically perfect in every way for me. She's cute, peppy, the lot. Now, I like her, and she likes me. The other night we were together in my friend's house, sleeping on the sofa and got up to some stuff. We talked as well, and she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship as her last few had been recent and fucked up. I said I can understand that and I'll give her all the time she needs. This was when she also told me she really badly wants to fuck me.

Now, last night we went out clubbing, and talked on the way home. She told me how the next time she saw me she will fuck me bla bla, but then went on to say how she wants to be single for a while, doesn't know how long and that I shouldn't wait for her.

It kinda sucked to hear, to be honest. I mean yeah, this will probably be the hottest girl I will ever do stuff with, but I genuinely do like her and she said she liked me... Do you reckon she could have changed her mind? I am trying not to go negative about this and just enjoy it, hoping maybe she'll change her mind, but it's difficult. Should I tell her that I want a relationship with her and will maybe wait til she changes her mind (depending on how long it takes, I guess)?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

What the fuck does peppy mean?

Also, I kind of accidentally hooked up with my ex last night. Here's hoping this doesn't come back and bite me in the ass.
FFLink
There is.

ghettoperson wrote:

What the fuck does peppy mean?

Also, I kind of accidentally hooked up with my ex last night. Here's hoping this doesn't come back and bite me in the ass.
Just like happy, positive, etc.

Lively

Last edited by FFLink (2010-02-20 09:00:55)

hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6486|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Tell her, what can you loose? Then either get with her or move on. You will know immediately from her answer if anything will ever happen.

Least thats that i think.
FFLink
There is.

hawaythelads wrote:

Tell her, what can you loose? Then either get with her or move on. You will know immediately from her answer if anything will ever happen.

Is it wrong to ask her after we sleep together, though, incase that puts her off? She's promised some pretty awesome stuff, you see
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

JakAttaK wrote:

krazed wrote:

as i said in EE chat

krazed wrote:

she DOES like it lol   
FFLink
There is.

krazed wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

krazed wrote:

as i said in EE chat

she DOES like it lol   
Just say it.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

FFLink wrote:

hawaythelads wrote:

Is it wrong to ask her after we sleep together, though, incase that puts her off? She's promised some pretty awesome stuff, you see
The obvious answer seems to be "yeah, that's wrong", but you're venturing out of my knowledge zone, so all I can offer you is a shrug.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

FFLink wrote:

So here's my problem... Sort of.

There's this girl I like at the moment, who's insanely hot. Physically perfect in every way for me. She's cute, peppy, the lot. Now, I like her, and she likes me. The other night we were together in my friend's house, sleeping on the sofa and got up to some stuff. We talked as well, and she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship as her last few had been recent and fucked up. I said I can understand that and I'll give her all the time she needs. This was when she also told me she really badly wants to fuck me.

Now, last night we went out clubbing, and talked on the way home. She told me how the next time she saw me she will fuck me bla bla, but then went on to say how she wants to be single for a while, doesn't know how long and that I shouldn't wait for her.

It kinda sucked to hear, to be honest. I mean yeah, this will probably be the hottest girl I will ever do stuff with, but I genuinely do like her and she said she liked me... Do you reckon she could have changed her mind? I am trying not to go negative about this and just enjoy it, hoping maybe she'll change her mind, but it's difficult. Should I tell her that I want a relationship with her and will maybe wait til she changes her mind (depending on how long it takes, I guess)?
Just fuck her.  Not many girls can have fuck buddies and not get attached.  For girls intimacy usually takes a back seat to emotional feelings (unless alcohol is involved).  The worst case scenario is that you have sex with a hot girl and no relationship.  The best case scenario is you have sex with her and then it leads to something more.

And don't try to push the issue.  Let it happen naturally.  She'll come around eventually.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
I woke up this morning hungover with a naked sorority girl in my bed laying ontop of me. I don't think i have girl problems anymore.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard