Metamort
+19|6708
It's great to assault the carrier on foot with just a G36C and some C4, while they're standing still waiting for a jet or something just two headshots with semi-auto mode and they're down, run out and plant C4 once the plane spawns...

I just find the G36 is a great gun for all ranges, and there've been plenty of times I've got toe-to-toe with a DAO, Jackhammer, or PKM and still won, no bunnyhopping either
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6738|US
The G36C is a good gun.  I don't play Spec-ops much, but when I do, I always use the G36C.  It is laser accurate, has a good clip size, and has an accurate full auto mode.  Being able to fire two two-shot birsts and kill an enemy from long range is very usefull.  However, I prefer the stopping power of the AK's and the scope of the L85A1.  I stick to Medic most of the time.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-04-02 18:54:05)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6705
G36C IMO is the best gun in the game. (for spec ops).  For me any way. i guess it depends on how accurate you are. its the most accurate carbine in the game. I should know im ranked 6th with carbines. with an accuracy of 33%.  It is a medium to long range weapon. up close its hard to compare it to the G3 sure but medium range the G3 has nothing on the carbine when it comes to accuracy. People on these sites always say accuracy doesnt mean shit. sure for guys that go around shoting at nothing by all means your % doesnt mean shit. but im the guy getting 3 kills with 1 clip going through all my ammo and having to pick up different kits or go resupply somewhere. So every bullet counts. the M4 is not as accurate as the g36c IMO. i used the m4 up until i was a staff sergant and unlocked the g36c. i found the g36c is 10 times the gun the m4 is.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-04-02 19:13:09)

Chowley
+1|6709|Ireland
I much prefer the m4 really just seems better to me all round. Havent used the QBZ or whatever its called in ages so cant compare that to the g36c.
numbnuts
+2|6637
I cant put the G36c down i love it. dont like the zoom mode, takes up too much space on the screen. i just love that sound too. ive used the m4 after killing the guy using it and its amazingly accurate. cant wait for that one.
MrKamikaze
+10|6664|East

Sarrk wrote:

same, i regret choosing the scar, it was a rushed decision
definitely s/h

ya i hate scar-l, and i think the g36c totally owns it at CQC and long range

they should replace the scar with famas for normal bf2
Rumfuddle
+14|6741
Anybody who thinks the g36c sucks really hasn't sat down and compared all the guns at length.  The Scar-L is awful, the recoil is nuts.  The M4 is ok.  Won't even mention the MEC gun.  Chinese gun is the only thing that comes close.  After taking a long break from playing spec ops I picked up the trusty g36c and promptly got my vet sf spec ops badge on Ghost Town. 

There are some guns where you can say, hey it's all in the hands of the user, or on such and such map this gun has greater utility.  But when it comes to spec ops there is one clear winner.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6608|Seattle
If you have fast reflexes the g36c is for you. This is because if you are on target, you can pretty much immediately shoot when you stop or shoot while moving and remain deadly accurate while on full auto. Noob shooters never find this out because they are never actually on target and will yet blame the gun.

Sure the PKM, L96, G3, or AK101 could topple someone in fewer shots, but my experience has indicated that the g36c can own all of these with the sheer speed at which its shots are delivered.

In practice the M4 seems almost as good. I can't say the same for the SCAR-L or AK-74 but maybe thats just me.

The g36c is not for noobs though. You will have to get 4-5 body shots!
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6658|Ames, IA

Tyferra wrote:

I lost faith in it too, but I found a new way of using it. As a Spec. Ops soldier, your role is to be very sneaky. When you use your G36C, you want to be in a position when your target can't shoot back. It is not an assault weapon. I just take care and it still serves me well.
Very well put.  G36C was my first unlock, and ever since I got the right mindset for the spec-ops kit it has been hands down my most deadly weapon.  It is also supremely effective from point blank to extremely long range.  Hands down the most flexible gun in the game.
tip700
+9|6647
While i love the g36c, it has come to my attention recently that the scar l has a few advantagas. for one the damage, and no it isnt insignificant. After thorough testing it is found the g36c and m4 take 7 shots to kill an armoured NOT 6. I you dont believe me test it yourself on singleplayer or look up the 1.22 weapon chart on totalbf2 forums. THe math is correct, but thats not the de facto reality in BF2. Secondly, beyond say 15 m or even closer the scar l is completely silent. It makes it very hard for a target to determine the displacement of the target. Some even thing they are stray bullets from a long way a way when your only 20 or so metres away, leaving them vulnerable and getting that much needed "jump" that spec ops rely on. And last but not least, regarding the accuracy and recoil, people exagerate BIG TIME. The accuracy is closer to that of the g36c than it is the g36e. By that i mean the scar l is mroe accuract than the g36e than the g36c is accuracte than the scar l. It is still a very accurate weapon and ive still taken down snipers from long distance with it. The recoil isnt that high, less than a lot of assault rifles such as f2000 and on par with a weapon say l85a1.

I hope this has brought some clarification. Dice/EA did a good job on balancing the weapons, because the scar l is on par with the 6c, maybe arguable even more so with all the increased support players 1 less shot to take down an armoured opponent is very useful

Last edited by tip700 (2006-04-23 01:56:11)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6804

hmmm, g36c...it can be a pretty decent gun but here's the problem in firefights: you're going up against assault and support who both have armor!  supposing that their less accurate guns which do more damage equal out with your more accurate gun which does more damage, the tie goes to them cause of armor.  spec ops was my first favorite kit but its pretty tough to play.  now that you can't jump throw c4 (and i don't mean towards infantry, i mean to jump throw on a tank or apc to get more range) the class has become pretty weak IMO.  best kits now are support, medic, engineer and AT.  sniper would be a close 5th but assault has lagged way behind (cause support is so much better) and spec ops also there because c4 is more a defensive tool now.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6608|Seattle
Anybody that really puts time into effectively using the weapons knows assault and support are screwed at medium to long ranges against a g36c.

This was even true against the PKM of 1.21 because even then the user needed stop for half a second to get accuracy and not use full auto. The superior speed of the g36c in providing accuracy (very effective for headshots usually by the 3rd hit or less) and at crazy fire rates makes it the ultimate pkm killer.

or sniper killer.

or assault killer.

or even g36e medic killer.

but it only works if u are the one that pulls the trigger first. so if u are the kind of player that gets hit by a couple bullets every time you face off with someone, the g36c may not be ideal. And the point against spec ops armor is a valid one--you are vulnerable. That is why u should always be a few steps from cover and should not shoot unless u will definitely land a handful of shots. The pitfall of specops weapons is how people will shoot a risky target once with a challenging shot, do little damage, but then give away their position and be rained on.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6644|London, England

superfly_cox wrote:

hmmm, g36c...it can be a pretty decent gun but here's the problem in firefights: you're going up against assault and support who both have armor!
Not really, at long range the Assualt rifles (i'm talking AK's/F2000) will most likely miss every shot or just land one lucky one (becuase of the stupid deviation) so the Spec Ops more accurate carbines should win if he stays composed. The M16 could/should win in that situation though, if they used single shot mode. I've found a new love for the M16. Really accurate, also powerful becuase alot of people are running around with the kits that don't have armor (spec ops and medic) so you can take them down relatively quickly...

Against the G36E (another note: why do medics get better unlocks?) at long ranges, you will die becuase that gun will land all 3 bullets on you on 3 burst mode from super long ranges..

Balanced? Hell no...

Carbines shouldn't be more accurate than assualt rifles (becuase the main job for Assualt is to take out troops, but this is stupid becuase there guns are lower in alot of areas compaired to other kits guns) ...Assualt gets no love.

I used to play spec ops alot for the accurate guns, now that i'm more experienced i play assualt. The AK's annoy me alot, moreso the 101 becuase it just feels much more innacurate to me than the 47.
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6696|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

I figure that it is the gun you take when you dont know what gun to take
I agree, like  sometime when I start I cant think of anything so I choose this
good at headshots but sight and zoom suck
Hiei987
+20|6715

bobroonie.bda wrote:

G36C IMO is the best gun in the game. (for spec ops).  For me any way. i guess it depends on how accurate you are. its the most accurate carbine in the game. I should know im ranked 6th with carbines. with an accuracy of 33%.  It is a medium to long range weapon. up close its hard to compare it to the G3 sure but medium range the G3 has nothing on the carbine when it comes to accuracy. People on these sites always say accuracy doesnt mean shit. sure for guys that go around shoting at nothing by all means your % doesnt mean shit. but im the guy getting 3 kills with 1 clip going through all my ammo and having to pick up different kits or go resupply somewhere. So every bullet counts. the M4 is not as accurate as the g36c IMO. i used the m4 up until i was a staff sergant and unlocked the g36c. i found the g36c is 10 times the gun the m4 is.
Very true. In 600 hours I played as Spec Op I find it by the far the best gun in the game. On single shot it shoots to any range with minimum recoil, I've beaten hundreds of snipers with it killing them before they even made the first shot. It's one of few guns that has sustained accuracy while shooting on automatic at medium range. It's all around good for any map and any situation weapon. I thought SCAR-L was good at first, until I started seeing people unload a whole clip on me from medium range and not get a single hit everyday. Also, you don’t need a thin sight on a carbine to make it good, unless you have bad eye problems.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6647|Birmingham, UK
If I regret anything, it could be the SCAR-L and the MG36...However, I still use the SCAR-L over the G36C...just seems...cooler with the gas-powered! I'd choose the Jackhammer instead of the SCAR-L and the MP7/MG36 battle would be hard to choose between. Both decent weapons.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6705
ops

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-04-23 08:34:47)

XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6652|Tasmania
Is it just me or is the first medic unlock a brilliant sniper rifle? I can take people down frmo ridiculous distances.

My k/d is improving (up to 8.3 now) solely due to this beautiful rifle.

I even unlocked the G3 tonight but couldn't stop it with the l85a1.
HM1{N}
+86|6667|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
M4 has more damage than the G36C...
Roomaster
+15|6684

MrKamikaze wrote:

my first two unlocks were L85A1 and G36C and i loved both of them-still do
same but the L85A1 was just for me to get the G36E
sparklet
Banned
+34|6771|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i dont play it ne more i just tank whore or plane whore!!
Simon
basically
+838|6681|UK
G36C OWNSSSS.
Seriously.. g36c owns so bad, i've got about 7000 kills with spec ops, all of them with g36c.
flyingsquirrel3
+8|6626
actually G36C matched my old type of gameplay perfectly, i loved accurate weapons, all G36 were my favorites.
Now i almost only play medic, and i think the G36E and L85A1 is now crap. Looks weird but my favorite weapon is the AK-101.  If you try it you'll be surprised how much it pwns. Actually i started loving that gun after i seen the Duck and Cover movie. I seen how much the guy owned with it and tryed it.
Then i played Ghost Town with it and pwned. 2nd best guy score was 24. Mine was 44. And there were good guys there. The only hint is... Rush, shoot (NEVER put sights on except for long distance), duck, stand, shoot, throw a medpac, take it, reload, shoot, duck, stand... and the you die and do it again. i had 18 kills and tickets were still at 180 (60/64 players) i was going on my vet sf medic badge but i lagged and got disco'ed. Crap connection for the lose.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard