11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

mikkel wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

mikkel wrote:

If you're going to get on the high horse, at least be honest. That analogy is about as flawed as it can be.
not really.
Yes, really. The premise is precisely the opposite. It isn't illegal to be muslim near the Olympics. It is illegal to abduct children, regardless of how good your intentions are.
i think you need to read the thread again.  i asked for proof, he said "the mere possibility makes it so."  or something like that.  hence what i said.  use the context before you call people out.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-02-01 11:26:29)

11 Bravo
Banned

ruisleipa wrote:

lol you're still a dick.
well i am known for my meat
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

11 Bravo wrote:

Braddock wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

who cares why...they are better off out of haiti anyway.
Some of the parents of these 'orphans' might care...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor … le1451438/
ill wait and see what happens.  maybe it was a mistake?  you guys seem awfully sure about this.  and russunition seems to have already decided.  but, i guess it only matters in certain cases.

now, if some of those kids had parents, then i would say they are all better off not being in haiti.  happy?
I haven't made my mind up yet, just going by what many of the news sources are reporting at the moment. Nobody has the right to take children away from their parents unless the parents are directly harming or willfully neglecting the kids. Taking kids out of a country without following procedure is not only ethically wrong but also highly dangerous... it could be a fucking paedophile ring for all we know (the Catholic church turned out to be, maybe the Baptists are too).

How would Americans feel if Swiss religious groups were taking kids out of the US because American society was so 'dangerous' and because the 'quality of life' would be better in Switzerland? A ridiculous comparison I'll admit, but it's the same logic. You can't just do what you please because of the subjective opinions of a small group of people, there are procedures to be followed. Your attitude reminds me of the way the Australian authorities tried to resettle Aboriginal kids with white families only to have to apologise for the horrible atrocity years later.
11 Bravo
Banned

Braddock wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Some of the parents of these 'orphans' might care...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor … le1451438/
ill wait and see what happens.  maybe it was a mistake?  you guys seem awfully sure about this.  and russunition seems to have already decided.  but, i guess it only matters in certain cases.

now, if some of those kids had parents, then i would say they are all better off not being in haiti.  happy?
I haven't made my mind up yet, just going by what many of the news sources are reporting at the moment. Nobody has the right to take children away from their parents unless the parents are directly harming or willfully neglecting the kids. Taking kids out of a country without following procedure is not only ethically wrong but also highly dangerous... it could be a fucking paedophile ring for all we know (the Catholic church turned out to be, maybe the Baptists are too).

How would Americans feel if Swiss religious groups were taking kids out of the US because American society was so 'dangerous' and because the 'quality of life' would be better in Switzerland? A ridiculous comparison I'll admit, but it's the same logic. You can't just do what you please because of the subjective opinions of a small group of people, there are procedures to be followed. Your attitude reminds me of the way the Australian authorities tried to resettle Aboriginal kids with white families only to have to apologise for the horrible atrocity years later.
you do know for years people from haiti have been trying to get to the DR illegally right?  i am saying if they want to come then by all means.  i am not advocating abduction ffs.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

11 Bravo wrote:

Braddock wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

you do know for years people from haiti have been trying to get to the DR illegally right?  i am saying if they want to come then by all means.  i am not advocating abduction ffs.
It's okay, I know you're not advocating abduction... you're advocating illegal immigration.
11 Bravo
Banned
the more options i have for people to cut my lawn the better dude.  (no i dont mean that.  well sort of.  not really.  maybe)
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

11 Bravo wrote:

the more options i have for people to cut my lawn the better dude.  (no i dont mean that.  well sort of.  not really.  maybe)
I was only winding you up in that last post. Letting people from shitty countries flood into developed countries ultimately leads to other problems though (such as pissing off people like lowing).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Braddock wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I was only winding you up in that last post. Letting people from shitty countries flood into developed countries ultimately leads to other problems though (such as pissing off people like lowing).
I love the THEY TOOK OUR JOBS crowd.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
hmmm...and abducted children are abducted children. Talk about off topic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

lol you're still a dick.
well i am known for my meat
You're known for your spam, its not quite the same.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned

ruisleipa wrote:

religion of peace?
yes.  they were cleared of all charges.  well done sir.  you win the stupid uninformed euro award.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
I think it's pretty well established that these people meant no harm and were intending to help these children, but their idealism blinds them to the restrictions that reality places on their actions.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Turquoise wrote:

I think it's pretty well established that these people meant no harm and were intending to help these children, but their idealism blinds them to the restrictions that reality places on their actions.
more often that not that "idealism" also blings them to basic common sence, man. not only those religious loons should not be allowed near kids - they should all be in padded cells loaded with tranquilizers ffs.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

11 Bravo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

religion of peace?
yes.  they were cleared of all charges.  well done sir.  you win the stupid uninformed euro award.
Holloway is in Europe. Stop trying to pretend you're not from Europe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard