Kez
+778|5701|London, UK

Blade4509 wrote:

I like realism. This game is nott.
Want realism? Join the army. Nothing is realistic when you use buttons/joysticks to move around.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!

Kez wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

I like realism. This game is nott.
Want realism? Join the army. Nothing is realistic when you use buttons/joysticks to move around.
really? because you're using a keyboard and text right now, portraying a perfectly realistic example of a smug, narrow minded spastic, so anything's possible.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

What is it exactly people don't like about the games?

Leave the flames at the door, and be precise.
Halo has a string of hate preceding its Xbox release. Picture a scenario where Battlefield 2 switched from a PC release to Xbox exclusive because Microsoft bought the project and wanted a flagship for their new console. Yeah. See, Halo was originally going to be a FAR more complete PC release. Instead, what we got was a somewhat decent game that begins to show signs of a rushed release towards the end. I mean seriously, several doughnut layers of cloned ring rooms with the same bad guys over and over again?

In addition to this level of resentment, the community was rude, immature and fawned relentlessly over what for many were their first foray into the first person shooter. It was a good game, but, like CoD6, not nearly good or finished enough to rate "BEST GAME EVER, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GTFO."

Since then, the Halo games were fun to play, but not mind-blowingly groundbreaking like the hype and fan support would have you believe.

edit: me, as a Ringworld fan, don't seeing Larry Niven in the credits. If http://www.larryniven.org/ringworld_movie_news.shtml becomes a reality, we're going to be seeing a rash of Halo fans screaming 'ripoff.'

/resentment
Man, I was so pissed back then. When the first trailers hit the world (for PC), the game looked incredible. It had vehicles, and me and my friends were already planning who would take the turrent, who would drive, etc. And then, not too long before release it gets an Xbox exclusive. That pissed me off beyond reason. And to add insult to injury, the PC version was released, what, only 2 years ago? Ridiculous.

That being said, I don´t really hate Halo, cause I never experienced it. I can imagine though much of the hate comes from it being THE console shooter.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Really, it's the players who jizz all over the MP like it's a godsend and generally act retarded all day.

I really enjoyed the singleplayer and the storyline is one of the best out there.  The MP was meh, good, but not great, and certainly nothing new for the PC crowd.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

S.Lythberg wrote:

Really, it's the players who jizz all over the MP like it's a godsend and generally act retarded all day.

I really enjoyed the singleplayer and the storyline is one of the best out there.  The MP was meh, good, but not great, and certainly nothing new for the PC crowd.
Storyline = bodgy ripoff of Genesis m8.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Flecco wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Storyline = bodgy ripoff of Genesis m8.
Everything's a ripoff of everything. To be honest, Halo had cool story and cool music, but the first game was so rushed at the end that it was a turnoff. They could've finished it, but no...Microsoft wanted a flagship.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Definitely cool music.

And rushed? MS quadrupled the size of the dev team... That's gotta count for something. Halo was quite polished at release to my memory. I was like 13 then though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

anybody have an original xbox they don't want anymore?

I'll pay shipping.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫
halo is awsm fun with 8 friends. you should not take it so srsly, it is just great fun
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Halo 1 campaign was awesome. Loved doing that on co-op and team killing my friend.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

What is it exactly people don't like about the games?

Leave the flames at the door, and be precise.
Halo has a string of hate preceding its Xbox release. Picture a scenario where Battlefield 2 switched from a PC release to Xbox exclusive because Microsoft bought the project and wanted a flagship for their new console. Yeah. See, Halo was originally going to be a FAR more complete PC release. Instead, what we got was a somewhat decent game that begins to show signs of a rushed release towards the end. I mean seriously, several doughnut layers of cloned ring rooms with the same bad guys over and over again?

In addition to this level of resentment, the community was rude, immature and fawned relentlessly over what for many were their first foray into the first person shooter. It was a good game, but, like CoD6, not nearly good or finished enough to rate "BEST GAME EVER, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GTFO."in the credits. If http://www.larryniven.org/ringworld_movie_news.shtml becomes a reality, we're going to be seeing a rash of Halo fans screaming 'ripoff.'
I am -=]NS[=- Eagle and I can approve this message

Miggle wrote:

Halo was a turning point.

It was when gaming became popular mediocrity.
Zing

I'm not gonna lie, I really like Halo (the singleplayer, I could not care less about the multiplayer), however it is not TEH BEST GAEM EVARR1111!11.  I understand it has its flaws and can be repetetive, however it is fun nonetheless.  It is easy to jump in and out of without any commitment, has a good story (see: halo novels), and many many fun xbl moments (see: co-op, forge, theater).

So go ahead and hate its flaws
Spoiler (highlight to read):
*cough* Miggs/DSL *cough*  <3
but I'm gonna have fun anywai

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2010-02-15 14:11:23)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Flecco wrote:

Definitely cool music.

And rushed? MS quadrupled the size of the dev team... That's gotta count for something. Halo was quite polished at release to my memory. I was like 13 then though.
Essentially amounted to a crack dev team whose job it was to get the thing working and kicked it out the door. Anyone who thought the cloned ring rooms at the end where you got to fight the same shit over and over again WASN'T a cop out is a fan boy. It's like something I would've thrown together at the last minute for a map design class.

A lot more was originally planned for the game.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-15 14:32:36)

CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6617|Medford, WI
halo 1 bloodgulch ctf, oh the memories
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
hey you faggots gtfo
halo is the best game ever
even though i never bought any of them
i have played halo 3 and was one of those annoying douchebags on xbl
oh wait i bought halo 2 lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

hey you faggots gtfo
I'm going to play dumb for a moment and just hope you're being sarcastic.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

hey you faggots gtfo
He's an Asian wannabe gangster closet nerd. The closest he got to a drive by was in halo lel.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
Halo 1 was a new experience when it was first released. It converted me from a playstation to the xbox (I had hundreds of PS games). Think back to the moment you walked out of the crashed dropship and looked up. WOW!!!. It had a pretty clever AI that encouraged you to take out the elites so that the grunts would go running. Wish a few other games had taken up on that concept as it really worked. The problem was that as they released the follow up games they failed to introduce new and innovative elements and just kept pumping out the same old format. Then they crapped all over the series with ODST. Halo 3 was just too easy (finished it on legendary with one mate on co-op in 5-6 hours the day I bought it). Remember how hard legendary difficulty was on Halo 1, REAL HARD. It was never meant to be realistic. It was an arcade style game and should have continued to be marketed as such. Instead they tried to market it against true combat simulators and wondered why it didn't work. It does have its fanbase though. Do you know that there are 6 Halo novels in paperback that have been published? I've got them all and most are a good read for a fan of the game. Not many other titles can claim to have a library of background literature associated with the game. The book titled 'The Flood' details the storyline of Halo 1 and is accurate down to the placement of enemy elites and their actions within the game. It was pretty cool to read a book that descibed in detail the very movements that I remembered carrying out to progress through the game. Halo multiplayer has always been very fast paced with a lifespan measured in seconds before you get sniped or stuck with a plasma grenade. The online community has tended to be quite young also which hasn't helped to generate a mature intelligent online Halo community. A couple of times we managed to get 14 players together on 8 linked consoles and a good time was had by all. ROCKETBALL, cool game mode. Hopefully the developers have put as much effort as they say they have into creating a new detailed environment for Halo-Reach. It would be nice to be able to relive a few of the OH-WOW-THATS-UNREAL moments that occurred in Halo 1 again. Fingers crossed for REACH.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London
Is that copypasta? o.O

Or do you really just love halo?
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
Halo 1 was awesome when it was released. WAAAAAAY back when. Since then the sequels haven't really been up to par. Back then consoles were king for kids my age 'cause we couldn't afford decent PC's. Halo 1 was a top game, not the best ever, but definately in the top 10 as far as new and innovative design and storyline.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Halo 1 was a new experience when it was first released. It converted me from a playstation to the xbox (I had hundreds of PS games). Think back to the moment you walked out of the crashed dropship and looked up. WOW!!!. It had a pretty clever AI that encouraged you to take out the elites so that the grunts would go running. Wish a few other games had taken up on that concept as it really worked. The problem was that as they released the follow up games they failed to introduce new and innovative elements and just kept pumping out the same old format. Then they crapped all over the series with ODST. Halo 3 was just too easy (finished it on legendary with one mate on co-op in 5-6 hours the day I bought it). Remember how hard legendary difficulty was on Halo 1, REAL HARD. It was never meant to be realistic. It was an arcade style game and should have continued to be marketed as such. Instead they tried to market it against true combat simulators and wondered why it didn't work. It does have its fanbase though. Do you know that there are 6 Halo novels in paperback that have been published? I've got them all and most are a good read for a fan of the game. Not many other titles can claim to have a library of background literature associated with the game. The book titled 'The Flood' details the storyline of Halo 1 and is accurate down to the placement of enemy elites and their actions within the game. It was pretty cool to read a book that descibed in detail the very movements that I remembered carrying out to progress through the game. Halo multiplayer has always been very fast paced with a lifespan measured in seconds before you get sniped or stuck with a plasma grenade. The online community has tended to be quite young also which hasn't helped to generate a mature intelligent online Halo community. A couple of times we managed to get 14 players together on 8 linked consoles and a good time was had by all. ROCKETBALL, cool game mode. Hopefully the developers have put as much effort as they say they have into creating a new detailed environment for Halo-Reach. It would be nice to be able to relive a few of the OH-WOW-THATS-UNREAL moments that occurred in Halo 1 again. Fingers crossed for REACH.
tl;dr
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
Yet you've taken the time to cut and paste something you didn't read, makes sense.
FloppY_
­

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Yet you've taken the time to cut and paste something you didn't read, makes sense.
The quote button.... Use it....
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

hey you faggots gtfo
He's an Asian wannabe gangster closet nerd. The closest he got to a drive by was in halo lel.
you forgot emo
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫

FloppY_ wrote:

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

wat
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
FloppY_
­

menzo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

wat
He thinks I CTRL-C + CTRL-V'ed it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard