Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

ruisleipa wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

But their mission was accomplished. Bush said it was a mistake to have it there (it was never his choice anyways).. not because it was wrong, but rather because people would misinterpret it. Which clearly they have, and still do.
'misinterpret'? lol yeah right
Why don't you do just a wee bit of research mr rolleyes?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
When you defeat 'terror' I presume. Best of luck with that btw.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
I think they'll leave Middle East once all of Middle East's are occupied... well on one spectrum u have U.S. helping Muslims and on the other spectrum u have them killing Muslims... picking a fucking side U.S. pick a fucking side......... sheesh

Last edited by blademaster (2010-02-14 16:01:37)

Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6532

blademaster wrote:

I think they'll leave Middle East once all of Middle East's are occupied... well on one spectrum u have U.S. helping Muslims and on the other spectrum u have them killing... picking a fucking side U.S. pick a fucking side......... sheesh
The US should pick our side. Why is it that we go to other countries to help them when we have issues on our own soil?
rdx-fx
+955|6561
We may leave... Once the political power structure of the middle east shifts in a large way.

It's folly to expect western democracy to work in the middle east - their culture just doesn't function that way. 

Unfortunately, THE largest blocks to a manageable, relatively peaceful, middle east are our "allies" in the region - Pakistan, India, and (especially) Saudi Arabia.

I am just waiting for Bin Laden to pop his head up as an advisor to Iran.
Iran has been playing their little games very much like they're borrowing from Bin Laden's play book.  With a touch of North Korean thrown in for 'flava'.
If that happens, then it's time for a rousing game of whack-a-mole, with the gloves off this time.

(Edit: no, I'm not forgetting Israel.  That's a whole 'nother steaming pile of shit to deal with.)

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-02-13 14:37:36)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

rdx-fx wrote:

We may leave... Once the political power structure of the middle east shifts in a large way.

It's folly to expect western democracy to work in the middle east - their culture just doesn't function that way. 

Unfortunately, THE largest blocks to a manageable, relatively peaceful, middle east are our "allies" in the region - Pakistan, India, and (especially) Saudi Arabia.

I am just waiting for Bin Laden to pop his head up as an advisor to Iran.
Iran has been playing their little games very much like they're borrowing from Bin Laden's play book.  With a touch of North Korean thrown in for 'flava'.
If that happens, then it's time for a rousing game of whack-a-mole, with the gloves off this time.

(Edit: no, I'm not forgetting Israel.  That's a whole 'nother steaming pile of shit to deal with.)
Do you think anyone will believe the US if they started saying Bin Laden was hiding in Iran after the failure to locate Iraqi WMDs or Bin Laden's Afghani hideway? It would be a case of 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome.

Also, why would you bundle India in with those other countries? Besides the tense border with their Pakistani neighbours they're not exactly up to much mischief. Poverty and pollution are the biggest problems in that country not terror.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Kmarion wrote:

on what? some propaganda that oh bush didn't mean it after all. in any case it was a minor fuck-up from Bush in a long list of major fuck ups, so I'm not gonna waste time 'researching' it, I'll just put it down to shit PR and idiocy on the part of the White House, k?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

ruisleipa wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

on what? some propaganda that oh bush didn't mean it after all. in any case it was a minor fuck-up from Bush in a long list of major fuck ups, so I'm not gonna waste time 'researching' it, I'll just put it down to shit PR and idiocy on the part of the White House, k?
kids + internet
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Afghanistan isn't in the middle east.
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

CameronPoe wrote:

ok its in asia. area is basically the same. mostly all muslims, desert type regions, etc. similar cultures.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

androoz wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ok its in asia. area is basically the same. mostly all muslims, desert type regions, etc. similar cultures.
I can't see the west cease their meddling in Iraq in the forseeable future. It's too strategically important while oil remains relevant. They'll be out of Afghanistan as soon as they've devised a means of extracting themselves from the country without losing too much face.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-02-14 15:07:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard