Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6796|The Hague, Holland
I have earned 1 unlocker and I dont know wich to chose. If you had to pick between these 3, wich one would you pick? I heared *and felt* that the G3 whas killerr, but runs outta ammo real quick

Any suggestions?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6785|Atlanta, GA USA
Depends on which class you like playing the most.  I don't play assault much, so haven't unlocked the G3.  I love both the AT unlock (DAO12) and the Engy unlock (MK3A1), although the DAO12 is the better of the two weapons.  The Jackhammer's biggest drawback is it only has a 7 round magazine.  As for the DAO12, 12 shot semi-automatic shotgun will shred people in close combat.
]305[ Charlton
+0|6780
personally i like the G3 because i use it at long range at semi auto
Lawk
+2|6788
I prefer the MK3A1 over the DAO.  Its fun to sneak up on folks with it(cha-cha-cha-cha-cha).  I'd unlock the G36C first as the assault weapons are already pretty well balanced.  The G3 has great stopping power, but with a small magazine capacity.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6807|Oakland, CA
I like the MK3A1 the most over all other unlocks. I dissagree with it being more powerful thant he DAO, the DAO-12 is the most overrated weapon in the game.
PermaG
+1|6860
While the DAO and MK3A1 are both great at close range...the DAO is a much better weapon than the original AT weapon, where as the MK3A1 is slightly better is not the same as the original Egin weapon (depending on the army). Since I like to "n00b-tube" every now and again, I dont realy care for the G3.

So I would personally have to say...

if you use assualt the most and not for the "n00b-tube",pick the G3
if you like the "n00b-tube", dont pick the G3
if you use Engin the most, pick the MK3A1
if you use AT the most, pick the DAO
if you use AT and Engin te same amount, pick the DAO

and from experince....
I picked the MK3A1 first. I wish I wouldnt have, it wasnt that big of an imporvement as I thought it would be. The DAO on the other hand, turn out to be MUCH better than the original AT weapon.

So once again I would have to side with the DAO.

Last edited by PermaG (2005-10-18 20:08:49)

JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6784|Canada, Ont
Highly Depends On What Kids You Like to Use. Anti-Tank is Best one to chose because the DAO kicks the Crap out of the Submachine gun. ...Thats my Pick, Jackhammer is Sweet to. I don't like the G3, 20 bullet Clip is Garbage.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6787
Yeah, DAO-12 is the "best buy" pick out of all those. I have all the unlocks except for G3 and M95, and Im trying to decide between those two.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6841|Australia
i dont have any more to choose, stupid patch....
Major Payne
+18|6794|Netherlands
i think G# is the best but he is fast out of ammo but you kill rating will rase very fast
pinky_81
+1|6803|Denmark
I feel I know you a little Ghost (I know I don't) - It's a tough choice...

I've unlocked the Dao12 and though I don't use AT much I feel happy with it... It's a very solid choice as you now have very good chances of staying alive when you just smacked the last APC or tank with your rockets...
I recommend the Dao12 too - And when you get it, try to ambush a buggy with it... 3-6 quick shots when it drives by and you got yourself a nice buggy and a kill or 2 if he had a gunner!!

Unfortunately I haven't ever tried the G3 - But it will probably be my next unlock in competition with the G36c and M95... I do like to play medic more than playing assault - The L85A1 is just way better than the M16 for me... (even though the M203 can be fun) The G3 might give me the better accuracy to make me go assault for a while...

Ghost: If you choose the G3 tell me how it works for you... I sense a connection here
FLaXCarnage
+1|6800|Florida
The engineer shotgun is off the chain.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6800|Netherlands
i chose the DAO12
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6800

The DAO is "ROFLCOPTER!" in close quarters.  Forget about aiming and burst firing... spray and pray is the name of the game, and it works!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

FLaXCarnage wrote:

The engineer shotgun is off the chain.
Sorry, English bloke here - "Off the chain" is that like "Da bomb" ?
UCLink
+0|6802|Linkoping, Sweden
I prefer MK3A1 more than DAO12
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6855|Cologne, Germany

get the DAO-12. To me, it is by far the biggest improvement over the standard weapon for that class. It rocks in CQC. Sure it has no medium or long range capabilies, but neither does the MP5
deject
Got His War On
+37|6788|Golden, CO
My first unlock was the medic L85A1.  It's definetly very useful especially for longer ranges.  However if you plan on spending any time as an Engineer, I strongly suggest getting the Jackhammer.  It makes engineers much more useful in combat.  Whenever I'm commander I play engineer to help fend off pesky Spec-Ops.  As long as you're fairly sneaky the range issue is not a problem.

However, that being said I find myself playing Anti-Tank just to use the DAO-12.  It's definetly kick-ass and the only thing better for CQB is maybe an AK-47 on full auto if you're a good shot.  The biggest drawback by far of the DAO-12 is the reload.  When you're out, you'd better run or be good with your pistol.  I try to reload right away if I've got a second.  You definetly want to stay fully loaded with the DAO-12.  Basically, both the Jackhammer and the DAO-12 are far superior to the default guns it's not even funny.  The rest of the kit unlocks are more debatable, but you can't go wrong with either of those.  Choose the one you play more.

The best advice is this: Pik the unlock for the class you play the most.  I love playing medic and counter-sniping.  If you play a lot of Spec-Ops, the G36C is definetly worth it (I've picked them up, very good gun.  It's my next unlock).  Support your thing?  Get the PKM.
CBRad929
+1|6798

deject wrote:

However, that being said I find myself playing Anti-Tank just to use the DAO-12.  It's definetly kick-ass and the only thing better for CQB is maybe an AK-47 on full auto if you're a good shot.  The biggest drawback by far of the DAO-12 is the reload.  When you're out, you'd better run or be good with your pistol.  I try to reload right away if I've got a second.  You definetly want to stay fully loaded with the DAO-12.  Basically, both the Jackhammer and the DAO-12 are far superior to the default guns it's not even funny.  The rest of the kit unlocks are more debatable, but you can't go wrong with either of those.  Choose the one you play more.
1)  DAO, Jackhammer, G3 in that order imho.  a)  DAO because it has 12 rounds and very rarely can someone outshoot you in CQC.  b)  Jackhammers biggest drawback is 7 rounds.  Basically you have to surprise people...cant really take pot shots at people as you rush, because the clip is small and a long reload time.  c)  Lets be honest, the best weapon for assault is the GL.  Why lose that advantage?  Its not a one-shot wonder for no reason.

2)  If you are reloading the DAO and need it immediately, you can stop the reloading proccess by changing weapons and then back to the DAO.  You will have as many rounds as you were able to reload in the feeder.  IMHO this isnt a glitch as you are loading round-by-round and not a magazine.  Whats interesting to note is that this is the only weapon that I am aware of that you can do this (I havnt tried any of the pump shotguns though).  All the other magazine fed weapons do not allow you to stop the animation.  It merely resets you to pre-reload condition.

3)  Has anyone else noticed that the DAO sounds different when you shoot it vs when someone shoots back at you?  When I shoot it, it sounds higher pitcheds (pap, pap pap) vs when someone shoots it at me (pop, pop, pop)
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6785|Atlanta, GA USA
For a good discussion on shotguns in general, and the two unlocks in particular, look at this thread:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2619
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
Well looks like alot of you people chose for the DAO and sice I find the Pump shottie very good(I love screaming in my room that im the Pump Action Pimp.) I think I will go for the DAO. I'd also like to chose the G3 but I whant to play engineer or AT from now on. So it will be the DAO and next up the G3.

Thanx for the help guys.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6784|AUS, Canberra
get the DOA, even though i unlocked jackhammer before it (i had my AT vet badge now want my engineer) its better because you can reload after every contact and your guy will just top up the mag, but the with jackhammer if you reload with 2 shots left you loose those two bullets for good.
pinky_81
+1|6803|Denmark
Roger that Ghost... The Dao is a real fragger!!

Last edited by pinky_81 (2005-10-20 04:31:39)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

pinky_81 wrote:

Roger that Ghost... The Dao is a real fragger!!
Sorry pinky, I would have wanted to test the G3 for you .
pinky_81
+1|6803|Denmark
I'll just unlock it and test it for you...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard