Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Dauntless wrote:

Snake wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

They changed it, I swear before you could press edit on an OP you made and change the title, they fucking changed it
Ill change it for ye then, shall I?

Surprised it cant be changed
Nah we never could, I'm sure we would get up to all kinds of mischief if it were possible...
Thats true

I know that some forums allow it for a certain timelimit, i.e. 2 days after. Been a while since I was a non-mod

TPM-J45P3R- wrote:

whats all this nonsense about Schumacher going to Team Mercedes in 2010?
SAY WHAT?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

So Kovalainen is driving for Lotus and Räikkönen went to WRC Citroën in '10.

That's queer.
I need around tree fiddy.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
It's a decent lineup for them, yeah it's annoying to see Kimi leave F1 but it was his idea not anyone elses, well except for not getting a new contract at Ferrari cos of Alonso
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Kimi was shit.

Alonso for world champion.
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
Kimi was hilarious, I wish he came to McLaren when Ferrari booted him
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Haha, awesome:

Lotus chief Tony Fernandes has accepted fellow airline entrepreneur Richard Branson's challenge that whoever's Formula 1 team finishes lowest next season should act as a stewardess on one of the winner's flights.

Fernandes - the founder of Air Asia - joked at last week's Motor Sport Business Forum that he really wanted his Lotus squad to beat air travel rival Branson's Virgin team in 2010, saying: "Number one we have to be ahead of Branson, otherwise I will retire and kill myself."

At yesterday's Virgin Racing launch, Branson raised the stakes further by suggesting a forfeit for the losing team boss.

"Having come from a music background, I suppose we might be able to choose the music for the funeral," Branson was quoted as saying by Reuters. "But I like Tony a lot so I hope he doesn't have to kill himself.

"At the same obviously we would like to beat him. Maybe we can think of another challenge. He has an airline, we have an airline and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess.

"We will make sure that the stewardess outfit is perfect. I suspect that he might ask us to reciprocate. I'll have to check how fetching his stewardess outfits are but I'd be game to do it while totally confident of winning."

Now Fernandes has accepted the challenge, with Lotus publishing a mock-up picture on its website featuring Branson in an Air Asia stewardess uniform.

"It's quite fitting, don't you think?" said Fernandes. "Our passengers will be delighted to be served by a Knight of the Realm.

"But, knowing Richard, the real challenge will be to prevent him from asking our guests 'coffee, tea or me?' That would be scary."
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/80599
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Its official...

Seven-times Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to race for Mercedes next year, BBC Sport understands.

The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and the deal will be announced imminently.

Schumacher will partner compatriot Nico Rosberg in the team that won the drivers' and constructors' titles in 2009 in its former guise as Brawn.
His spokeswoman Sabine Kehm said she could not make any comment.

The German newspaper Bild is reporting that Schumacher signed a one-year deal and it is likely he will have the option to continue beyond 2010 if his returns goes well.

Schumacher will reportedly earn £6.2m after signing up to reunite with Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn, who masterminded all seven of his titles, the first two with Benetton in 1994-5 and the subsequent five with Ferrari from 2000-4.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 427552.stm
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

fuck sake, way to ruin a legacy,
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Jenspm wrote:

fuck sake, way to ruin a legacy,
Aye, he went out on a high. His last race, for me, summed up his sheer dominance and ability when he was racing. No, he didnt win the race or championship, but he finished 4th after starting in 10th and then going to 18th after a flat (corrected thanks to wiki). Unbelievable race.

I doubt hes going to achieve much now, although I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the podium at some point.

Last edited by Snake (2009-12-22 15:52:44)

Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
Well down goes his reputation. Why can't he just step back and let the new talent come in. I doubt he'll last a year.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
Yay, now everyone can see how much of a talentless cheater he really is.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I hated Schumacher at Ferrari, mainly cos I hate Ferrari. But now that he's at Mercedes, it's not so bad. Especially cos he's an old man now, well, relatively speaking
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Ex-Renault boss Flavio Briatore has Formula 1 ban lifted
Former Renault Formula 1 team boss Flavio Briatore has had his lifetime ban from motorsport overturned.

The Italian was banned by the sport's governing body, the FIA, for his part in Nelson Piquet Jr's deliberate crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The French high court overturned the ban and awarded Briatore £13,500 in compensation. The judge said: "The court ruled the sanction was illegal."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 440675.stm

Seriously, they are letting this cheating prick back in? I was glad to see the back of his egotistical and smug self.

If any team take him on, I would be very surprised after this. Overturned or not, his reputation has got to be in tatters.
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
Symonds is back in too.

They're in the same boat as Piquet now, looking for employment
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
Doesn't look like an STR4 to me, looks more like an RB5
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫
the new front tires are so narrow

one of the first shots from Valencia

https://www.f1today.nl/fotos/3t96y0vp5.jpg

Last edited by menzo (2010-01-31 05:04:25)

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah, especially with the big huge front wings, crazy endplates and shit, it'll probably look quite funny
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
So, is the next season going to be a boring procession like all the others?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Maybe, hopefully not. I wouldn't say the other seasons were completely boring processions. Really it's more about the track design than anything else.

McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull should all be going for the top this season. Then you got the battles between the mid-table teams which will probably be Williams, Renault, Force India, maybe Sauber and Torro Rosso. Then you have the new teams. It should all shape up to be quite interesting. Then you know that there will be surprises on the grid too. Hpoefully there isn't any kind of rules fiasco like last season which kinda ruined things from the beginning and made Brawn dominant (until the end)

It's a big grid. Lots of new drivers. Including Kobayashi, who judging from last season is easily the most entertaining driver out of them all

See how the refuelling ban works out, the thin tyres, the fact that teams are more clear on the rules than last season so they designed their cars more aggressively. I dunno, I'll always find F1 interesting unless they start changing it into a single-spec series then I'll lose all interest
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
I reckon Williams could well be back to be honest.. just one of them feelings
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Renault are becoming the eastern bloc F1 team, they got a Polish guy (Kubica), a Russian guy (Petrov), and a Chinese guy as test driver (Ho-Pin Tung)

be afraid, be very afraid
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫

Mekstizzle wrote:

Renault are becoming the eastern bloc F1 team, they got a Polish guy (Kubica), a Russian guy (Petrov), and a Chinese guy as test driver (Ho-Pin Tung)

be afraid, be very afraid
Ho-Pin Tung is half dutch
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

This guy managed to get the testing video up for 09 pretty much before everyone else and suffice to say I got my first glimpse of the cars from him aswell this year (pitty he cant format a fucking camera properly). 

Mclaren looks as as last year and the ferrari looks to have gone back to a livery similar to 04 (well ish)
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Was anyone following the winter testing, no real surprises, top four as you were. Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes. Should be a good season. At least there's no stupid diffuser fiascos and shit this time, yet. I say yet because apparently Merc have a big update for Bahrain which I've heard rumours of it being quite outlandish in terms of the rules.

Can't wait for the first race now. Also USF1 is finished, they couldn't make it.

Team US F1's Formula 1 hopes appeared to be over on Tuesday, with high level sources revealing to AUTOSPORT that the outfit has now effectively closed down.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819

---

Campos changed their name to "Hispania F1" or something, and they should make it to Bahrain I think. I wonder if Stefan GP will take USF1's place because they were always talking about how they're ready for Bahrain and shit. Hopefully we do end up with a 28(?) car grid, that would be awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard