Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
I dug this thing out of the closet to use so I could obtain my Aviator basic badge. I setup my calibrations and then went to the game and set up the x,y,z axis controls and the other various usable buttons and saved the config. Instead of jumping on a public server, I fired up the single player mode on Operation Clean Sweep so I could get a quick handle on things. I Tk, the NPC who nabbed the plane (hooray for C4) and get it when it respawns. Throttle her up and I'm flying. I turn the JS to the left, and...wait....I am going right. I turn the JS to the right, and head left. Damnit.
anyone use this JS or is it just crap. It's been calibrated to death. I don't have any of my axis controls reversed.
Any ideas?????
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6780|Mechanicsville, VA
No the joystick is fine, your controls are inverted.  You should be able to go to your controls and "flip" the controls so that left is left and right is right... Like the way I fly, up goes down and down goes up, because my controls are inverted. . hope this helps ya.
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
Nope. That doesn't fix the, left-right issue I have. It only invers the y-axis (up down). I tried it already.
shortah
Have you tried going into BF2 Airplane controls and making sure that left is left and right is right?
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
Ya, when you do one it automatically puts in whatever axis it is for the other.
shortah
Well it seems like your joystick and BF2 are conflicting, have you tried to uncofigure the joystick and than map the keys in BF2. Cause thats what I did when I first got my joystick, was I went in and mapped the keys for BF2 and then went out and changed anything on the joystick if something needed changing (invertion, sensitivity, key assignment, etc.)
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
I think the issue is due in part to just the generic windblows game controller setups. I have to find some program or drivers (maybe?) for the JS. I've had it a while and the disk I had with it is LONG gone.
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
No, it's just a matter of setting it to inverted in BF2 and saving.  The "generic" drivers for the SW2 in XP are the latest releases (before MS stopped making joysticks).

BTW, I use a SW2 Pro myself.
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
Just tried. Inverting does nothing for it.
PermaG
+1|6854
Maybe by editing the text pad?
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
Never tried that. What would I need to edit?
PermaG
+1|6854
This isnt exactly the same ting you are talking about. But I had to edit the text file to map my mouse and keyboard, since I couldnt do it form the ingame menu.

Since you say you lean the stick left and you go right, you lean the stick right and you go left, I would.....
Go into your PROFILES folder and find the controls file. Open it with notepad and find where it is talk about your airplane controls. In that section, find where it talks about "controller inputs = right and left". Then I would just manually copy and paste and switich the two inputs (the motion of the stick) or outputs (the outcome of moving the stick) of the command lines. Save and play.

I suggest you copy and paste the file before you mess with it. In case something messes up, you can replace the now, messed up file with the orginal file.
Badcomp
+2|6796|U.S.
Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home today. Can't do it while at work, unfortunately.
kaabdalis
+0|6773
I have had the same problem..
I think that a low tech soloution is the right way to go.

My problem was that i accidently tilted the stick to the right when i was assigning the roll-LEFT axis, this resulted in "stick-right   => plane roll LEFT"  and vice versa..

Took me a while to understand what had happend..

Just clear everything and redo the mapping...

Hope this helps

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46603055/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46603055/awards.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited by kaabdalis (2005-10-19 06:19:21)

pvtepyle
+0|6774
Is your JS upside down? if so turn it around to correct this problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard