H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Just managed to get BF2 installed on Windows 7 64 bit after having to download about 10 different patches from different websites, most of them wouldn't work even though the MD5 was fine, but got it installed fine with 1.41 and 1.5.

When I go to load it up and retrieve my account it just waits a while then says "The server has refused the connection"

I've disabled Windows Firewall, I have upnp set to "on" on my router (router worked fine for BF2 on XP so it's not that)

I've tried logging in to different accounts- same message

I've tried re-installing BF2 and the patches several times (tried safe mode as well for the patches)- same message

Single player works fine so surely it's not the BF2 and patch install

I've updated Punkbuster using PBSetup

I run it all as Administrator etc don't know what to do now, I've Googled it for ages and can't find an answer rather than "re-install BF2" which is what I've done.

Does anyone know what it could be?

I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the CD-Key, I had it installed ages ago on Windows 7 64 bit and managed to log in fine, but whenever I tried to join a game it says "CD-key invalid" I tried the registry edit where you manually enter CD-key and that didn't do anything at all- so I formatted and re-installed Windows.

Now I'm on a clean install of Windows 7 and can't log in and get the "refused connection" message- I read it could be maintenance but I looked on Game Monitor and all servers are up and full of players?

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2010-01-30 08:10:14)

Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6743
Interesting... I had zero hangups when I installed/patched BF2 on my W7-64 bit machine.  Seems like you've covered a lot of the basics.  Forward ports? Check anti-virus? Clear out all your logon information and then re-enter it? Disable network connection then enable?

Last edited by Boomer1120 (2010-02-01 09:00:28)

QuickBird Driver
+1|5317|Colorado
That happened to me sometimes, but I am running XP 64-bit on an AMD dual-core CPU.  What happened more was that after being on a server for a couple of hours it would continuously lose connection until i rebooted.  Then it was fine for another few hours.  But you can't even get that far.

I am curious to know what kind of CPU you have?  My problem was caused by mine.  Multi-core AMD CPUs have a negative ping problem, but the latest BIOS will fix it.  There's another post about this in this forum, but I haven't found it.

Good luck.
H3RB4L ABU53
Found out what it was, was having all sorts of problems with Windows 7 64 bit (crashes, BSOD's) because I kept installing the same programs on every install, turns out it was Sandboxie 64-bit (work in progress) causing all the problems, was the Sandboxie driver.
Did a clean install with everything but that and now everything works fine, don't even need to run BF2 as administrator, just update PB using PBSetup like I did on XP anyway and it all works fine.
Even got a proper mouse accel fix for Windows 7 64 now so I'm happy
H3RB4L ABU53
Ok well Sandboxie was causing BSOD but that wasn't why I couldn't log in to BF2 because it's happening again now, same "server refused connection" message.
I use an i5 750 but surely it's nothing to do with multi core because BF2 has been fine recently until just now, my internet connection is fine and been playing BF2 for few days now
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6743
well,  my W7 Ultimate desktop just shit it's pants and gave me a system_service_exception BSOD
1con
---
+6|6226|beach, USA
I don't know if it will make a difference, but have you tried running in XP compatability mode?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard