erlend1
+0|6788
To get you need to do this:
    * IAR: 1 Driver Special Ability Point
    * IAR: 13 Driver Kill Assists
    * IAR: 5 kills

well hwo I get 1 Driver Special Ability Point ?
can you olso give my a guide to get it as fast as possible.
fizz85
+1|6808|Voice of reason
Gunner in a tank or gunner in a assualt chopper. You will get your 5 kills and 13 driver assists easy. Oh yea when in tank duck the whole time... or if you want ot risk it b4 you get your 13 assists engage targets to get your five kills in the meantime.

Don;t worry about  the special ability point you will get it without knowing it. Just get the kills.
D_Panzer
+0|6788
"you will get it without knowing it." That's not very helpful. Sureley there's some requirement. It's still a computergame...
fizz85
+1|6808|Voice of reason
Well pal do a search on this forum.... nobody really knows how to get it. There are a bunch of theories but not facts. Some say when your driver kills somebody you get one or when as gunner you kill sombody you get one. Also it was said that if you or your driver heal/repair sombody while driving you will get one.

Hence... "do not worry you will get it". It will be harder for you to get those driver assists than the mysatery point.
erlend1
+0|6788
ok thx
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6808|Boston,MA
let's say..i'm a tank driver (engineer) , you're the gunner...i kill 13 peeps (* IAR: 13 Driver Kill Assists),
you kill 5 peeps (* IAR: 5 kills) and on the way some guy with a damaged APC or whatever, get a repair from me (* IAR: 1 Driver Special Ability Point) ...tadaaaa...you got the ribbon
mars111
+0|6789
Neg, i had a driver special ability when i was on buggy and jumped out wall  fence with a ramp
jongje
+0|6805
Im 90% sure you get the driver ability point when someone in your vehicle (you have to be the driver) gets a heal/resupply/or repair point!

I do know that you get one when this happens, but im not 100% thats the only way to get one!
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6789|Canada, Ont
Best way I found to get is in the Attack Chopper because your More Likely To get Kills With The Gunner Seat in Attack Chopper then You Would Ridding ontop of a Tank.

Kill 5 Guys with Rockets and have someone you know thats good with TV Guided to Blow up some Armor+Air Transports.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

This ribbon is probably the most fiddly of them all, because you're relying on what someone else might or might not do. Being in a tank as gunner would probably make sure you got the kill assists, or in the other seat of a jet with a decent pilot.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-10-15 14:32:22)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6838
This ribbon has eluded and frustrated me. Especially when I see people get it on accident, like many of my clan mates. Problem is, now hardly anyone wants to get in transport choppers, since they're flying death traps, so its so hard to get the ability point.

Or I do get some buddies in the chopper, and I get a bunch of ability points, but no driver kill assists.
I always seem to either be able to get the driver kills or the ability ones, but not both. Obviously the getting 5 kills part usually isnt a problem.

I never thought of the ducking in a tank idea. I'm definately gonna try that in the future, especially when there is no chopper to get.

I have similar problems getting my silver repair badge, since hardly anyone flies transports anymore, its hard to get the repair points. My record since the 1.03 patch is 7 repair points in a round.

But one word of advice, find a server with a capactiy of 64, and only 10 - 14 people in it. That way the game will last a long time (providing one of the teams doesnt suck horribly)

woo hoo I got the ribbon last night!

Last edited by Dizazter (2005-10-19 06:40:58)

shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6790|Mechanicsville, VA
I've always gotten driver ability assist points when I picked copilots up. Or after they get tv kills.  I've also gotten driver ability assist points by making evasive manuevers and getting back to get repairs with only 2 bars of hp left on the heli.
]305[ Charlton
+0|6784
hey, i agree with dizazter i either get driver kill assists or special ability it is so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6789|Canada, Ont
When a Passanger in your Vehicle Executes a Heal Point, Repair Point or Resupply Point while your Driving/Piloting, You get a Driver Special Ability Point

This is how they work
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6811

shortah wrote:

I've always gotten driver ability assist points when I picked copilots up. Or after they get tv kills.  I've also gotten driver ability assist points by making evasive manuevers and getting back to get repairs with only 2 bars of hp left on the heli.
You do not get ANY points for picking up a passenger/copilot/buddy/whatever you call them.
You do not get driver ability points for copilots killing people.  These are driver kill assist points.
You do not get driver ability points for making evasive manoeuvres.  This is called not getting dead.

You do get driver special ability points for a making a heal/supply/repair while in your vehicle.  Note that this can be done as the driver/pilot or passenger/copilot/gunner/buddy/etc.

However, I have yet to find a decent driver/gunner that can help me get the 5/13.  Seems nobody can shoot straight in this game.
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6790|Mechanicsville, VA
Oh ok, thankyou bro... .. sorry guys.. don't notice exactly when I get them and for what was just kinda guessing...
dan500
+57|6866
I got this without knowing, was just gunning in a heli, then it just poped up
FLaXCarnage
+1|6805|Florida
Easiest way to get special ability is to be a medic.Drive by your team and it heals them.Easy as that.Youll probably get multiple special ability.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6805|Florida

aardfrith wrote:

shortah wrote:

You do not get ANY points for picking up a passenger/copilot/buddy/whatever you call them.
You do not get driver ability points for copilots killing people.  These are driver kill assist points.
You do not get driver ability points for making evasive manoeuvres.  This is called not getting dead.

You do get driver special ability points for a making a heal/supply/repair while in your vehicle.  Note that this can be done as the driver/pilot or passenger/copilot/gunner/buddy/etc.

However, I have yet to find a decent driver/gunner that can help me get the 5/13.  Seems nobody can shoot straight in this game.
And you are wrong btw thought i might warn you.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6838

aardfrith wrote:

shortah wrote:

You have to find someone you play with regularly to help you with this ribbon, and be willing to stick it out till you get it. It was the only way I finally got one. I'm fairly decent as an attack chopper co pilot, so if someone needs help on this let me know.

p.s. I finally got my ribbon on Kubra Dam. And remember to find a 64 person game with like 14 people in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard