LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Kids are time-consuming and require effort to raise. Other might not derive as much utility from nurturing offspring as you seemingly would.
Well shit pretty much everything good in life requires some effort. You don't want to continue the Nukchebi line?
Why convince him to have children?  You want more of him around?  Geeesh.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Kids are time-consuming and require effort to raise. Other might not derive as much utility from nurturing offspring as you seemingly would.
Well shit pretty much everything good in life requires some effort. You don't want to continue the Nukchebi line?
I don't want kids either...  I don't even really want marriage until I'm too old to date much.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6402|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
On the front seat of this baby.
https://www.worldstoriesproject.org/media/plane.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Have you never been in public when babies are around?

Seriously that is the best reason anyone can have to own a gun, to shut those fuckers up asap. Now imagine that 24/7... and then the costs involved to own what could likely be the best reason for suicide on the planet. Anyone who wants kids needs their head examined, there is just no logical reason for it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

DrunkFace wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Seriously that is the best reason anyone can have to own a gun, to shut those fuckers up asap. Now imagine that 24/7... and then the costs involved to own what could likely be the best reason for suicide on the planet. Anyone who wants kids needs their head examined, there is just no logical reason for it.
^ bitter and lonely.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL
https://www.behindthehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ducktales-290x217.png
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

DrunkFace wrote:

Don't do it Superior Mind!
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT

LividBovine wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

You sound rather childish for someone in their late thirties.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

nukchebi0 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Mid thirties.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Meh unless you got feathers that shizz can give you nikkel allergies...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT

LividBovine wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Mid thirties.
Close enough.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Macbeth wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

^ bitter and lonely.
Ironic, but true.
Ticia
+73|5326

Macbeth wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

^ bitter and lonely.
Not saying i totally agree with Mr. DrunkFace but why is it that us who don't really want children are labeled as selfish and bitter? It really pisses me off.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
I wouldn't describe someone who doesn't want children as being selfish or bitter.  I feel their view of parenthood is not rewarding enough to take on the experience.
Turquoise
O Canada

Ticia wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

^ bitter and lonely.
Not saying i totally agree with Mr. DrunkFace but why is it that us who don't really want children are labeled as selfish and bitter? It really pisses me off.
Yeah...  it is rather one-sided.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

LividBovine wrote:

I wouldn't describe someone who doesn't want children as being selfish or bitter.  I feel their view of parenthood is not rewarding enough to take on the experience.
what about those that can't?
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

burnzz wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Can't what?  Have children?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

LividBovine wrote:

burnzz wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

correct - my wife and i have been married sixteen years, had two adoptions fall through, tried almost twenty tests/procedures, and the result so far was one near fatal tubal pregnancy.

trying to enjoy a meal at a nice restaurant, going to a movie - sometimes i feel i could kill a kid. being around nieces and nephews, i will tell you that women aren't the only ones that feel something is missing, that the clock is almost done ticking.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2761/4212715056_c3de264a12.jpg

Christmas time, birthdays. in ten years time i'll almost be ready to retire, and i'll probably see the world and spend all my worldly wealth.

because there will be no one to leave it to.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

burnzz wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

burnzz wrote:

correct - my wife and i have been married sixteen years, had two adoptions fall through, tried almost twenty tests/procedures, and the result so far was one near fatal tubal pregnancy.

trying to enjoy a meal at a nice restaurant, going to a movie - sometimes i feel i could kill a kid. being around nieces and nephews, i will tell you that women aren't the only ones that feel something is missing, that the clock is almost done ticking.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2761/421 … 264a12.jpg

Christmas time, birthdays. in ten years time i'll almost be ready to retire, and i'll probably see the world and spend all my worldly wealth.

That sucks.

Yeah kids are pain in the asses and women will suck the life out of you but it's better than dying alone. I want kids one day.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

burnzz wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

burnzz wrote:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2761/421 … 264a12.jpg

You obviously have the feeling the experience is worth the trouble or you wouldn't have tried so hard in different ways.  This really drives the point home.  Some people have a deep desire to have a family.  Others do not feel the same. 

I am truly sorry that you have not been able to fulfill your desire of having children.  It is hard to convey true emotion over the webs, but I do truly feel for you.  I can only pray that you are able to succeed in bringing a child into your life in some way.
Ticia
+73|5326

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah kids are pain in the asses and women will suck the life out of you but it's better than dying alone. I want kids one day.
Newsflash: We all die alone!

For real that has to be the most egocentric argument to breed. And non parents are the selfish ones   
Turquoise
O Canada

Ticia wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

For real that has to be the most egocentric argument to breed. And non parents are the selfish ones   
I'm not sure what you mean by us all dying alone?...
Ticia
+73|5326

Turquoise wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by us all dying alone?...
Orson Welles has a great quote: "We're born alone,we live alone,we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone" There's definitely some truth in it.

But what i meant is too many people want kids hoping they will make em feel better about themselves,by creating this mini-me they'll have a chance to start again and do it right. Fact is they'll be their own people and who will probably disappoint 'cause we raise the bar so high with our expectations.
Plus if it is about growing old and not having someone to take care of you,people with kids end up in the same place as the childless ones but the last at least won't be all heartbroken about it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Most parents raise children for their own benefit, not for the benefit of the child.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

Dilbert_X wrote:

Most parents raise children for their own benefit, not for the benefit of the child.
Ok, I'll bite.  What the heck are you talking about?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard