Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6632|England
Just PMed you if you still got it
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6656

Sgt.Davi wrote:

If Jean_Peste_tu? doesn't want it, it's yours.  Curious to get his take on the game.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6769|Great Brown North

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Is there ECM (Electronic Counter measures)?  Power management, focus on shield not weaponery. I could go on and on but it's the old game so prbly not relevant.  I wish I could help you better.
no to the ECM as far as i know

yeah there's power management and it does make a difference lol... but the game still feels very arcadish to me

i'm really hoping that these are just beta problems because i really do want this game to succeed

but im not sure there's going to be much to do in it tbh
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6609|Auteuil, Laval

Ilocano wrote:

Sgt.Davi wrote:

If Jean_Peste_tu? doesn't want it, it's yours.  Curious to get his take on the game.
I'm guessing that a restart would be necessary after install.
My hard drive is dying, it makes those tick tick at start and the last time I restarted I had black screen + BOOT FAILURE INSTALL SYSTEM DISK.
Managed to start it but I won't restart until I get a new HD.  Self debating if I should buy completely new puter or just the HD. (4+ years old system)

Damn I'd like to try it m8, even with your review that seems negative with reasons that I can't judge since I didn't play or seen the game.

Arrrrggghh!!! (In english) (Maud-sib-de-cris-du-st-crème-du-torieux-d'tabarn.   Abbreviated Québec french swearing)
About to go to hell for this one.  lol

Pass the key to Sgt.Davi, the lucky guy!

It's an MMO why should there be such limited stuff to do?
This space fantasy genre has a such a big world/realm/universe to be exploited, limiting it would be blasphemous to Roddenberry.

Right now it gives me the urge to play my old game that I still have.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6609|Auteuil, Laval

krazed wrote:

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Is there ECM (Electronic Counter measures)?  Power management, focus on shield not weaponery. I could go on and on but it's the old game so prbly not relevant.  I wish I could help you better.

yeah there's power management and it does make a difference lol... but the game still feels very arcadish to me

i'm really hoping that these are just beta problems because i really do want this game to succeed

Power, good, keep an eye on it.
There must be other parameters to set-up, man those vessels have tons of controls.

Can you send shuttles, refitted has a suicide, scatter pack or with a boarding crew? Could they pass under radar detec?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

krazed wrote:

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Power, good, keep an eye on it.
There must be other parameters to set-up, man those vessels have tons of controls.
there aren't really, no

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Can you send shuttles, refitted has a suicide, scatter pack or with a boarding crew? Could they pass under radar detec?
no

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

It's an MMO why should there be such limited stuff to do?
This space fantasy genre has a such a big world/realm/universe to be exploited, limiting it would be blasphemous to Roddenberry.
i'm sure there would be lots more stuff to do if this game was delayed the 8+ months i think it still needs

either there's not going to be much to do or they're doing a really good job at hiding it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

krazed wrote:

i'm sure there would be lots more stuff to do if this game was delayed the 8+ months i think it still needs

either there's not going to be much to do or they're doing a really good job at hiding it
At any rate, the expansions for this game are going to have to include some serious gameplay upgrades, ship interior expansions and ground combat improvement. I wouldn't buy into one just for a few dozen new missions.

I mean seriously...it may just be the beta, but can't we at least explore the Sol system or beam down to Earth?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
lol

this beta event was a huge massive gigantic failure
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
anyone who will be playing

add me on xfire

also i'll have 3 10 day trial keys for those that are interested
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6355|California
i would like to try it krazed if you are willing to give me a key lol
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
alright, well i have one left then lol

edit: none left

Last edited by krazed (2010-01-27 20:20:21)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

If you're creative enough, you can make a giant Avatar smurfcat using the unknown species creator. Only problem is, you can't tack on a tail, and there's only so many engine room accidents you could blame for it.

krazed wrote:

anyone who will be playing

add me on xfire

also i'll have 3 10 day trial keys for those that are interested
I don't really use xfire anymore, but I will be playing.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-01-30 16:27:54)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
what's your IGN?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6698|Charlie One Alpha
So is this game out yet?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
yup, came out yesterday
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

krazed wrote:

yup, came out yesterday
Got mine in the mail today.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6698|Charlie One Alpha
And? Is it as shitty as the beta convinced me it would be?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

LaidBackNinja wrote:

And? Is it as shitty as the beta convinced me it would be?
The retail actually improved quite a bit over the beta. I haven't played it long enough to judge the exploration value (only had time to get out of the tutorial preface and into the starbase, as opposed to my several mission progress in the beta), but you're not wearing shiny S&M Starfleet leathers anymore.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
i went for the deep space 9 uniforms

want to blow shit up?

krazed@krazedlunatick    add me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

krazed wrote:

i went for the deep space 9 uniforms

want to blow shit up?

krazed@krazedlunatick    add me