NZDeathBoy
+20|6717|Chch, New Zealand
ok, to start with, i have serched to see if its been mentioned, couldn't find it.

How many times have you seen a grenade fly at you and you can't do a thing? Sprint has run out. No sandbags to hide behind. You just have to wait till it explodes, then you go with it...

I reckon you should be able to pick up the nade and biff it back at the scum that threw it at you. Or at lest kick it away from you. In any direction but yours.

Im not saying that everytime one gets thrown at you, your able to kick it away. Like if its got like 2 secs till it explodes you have no hope, but if it still has 5+sec then you should be able to kick it by hitting a key. Like f (don't think thats used)

The reason i'm saying this, is in real life you can run and pick the buggers up and though them back. So i reckon bf2 should have the option to be able to do that.
Hummeth
+4|6662|Wisconsin
F cycles weapons and yes that would be nice. Can you jump on grenades to same team members?
NZDeathBoy
Oh, well use some key that isn't in use. DO you mean, you should be able to jump on the nades to save your team?

AS at the mo, you can't do anything to prevent damage nades.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6792|Nova Scotia, Canada

That would be pretty cool if you could jump on a grenade, seriously deflating the blast radius. They could make it so if you did that, you'd get "Killed" and a medic couldn't revive you, but at the same time you might save 2 or 3 badly injured teammates, so it would be worth the death.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
Sweet, I think that on some game the AI will pick up nades and throw them back at you if they have enough time.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
Oh I remember now! The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 2 will do that everynow and then.  Either that or they don't even notice the nade.... 
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6654|Westminster, California

JG1567JG wrote:

Miller wrote:

Sweet, I think that on some game the AI will pick up nades and throw them back at you if they have enough time.
Ya I've played a game wher AI would throw nade back at you and I think I was able to throw them back also

I dont remember what game it was, Maybe BFVietnam, 1942, or Medal of Honer.  Throwing or kicking them

back or away would be a great Idea or being able to go prone on top of one and saving those close teamates

would be awsome.  Then again EA would have trouble getting it right and every nade would end up becoming

useless.
Agreed that it would be cool to have counter-measures against grenades, and that E.A. would likely get it wrong. It WAS medal of honor that had the cool A.I. reactions to grenades.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6673|Brisbane, Australia

Wouldnt it be funny if Ea implemented a soccer like system to grenade kicking

Voice:Choose Power and Angle:....................

After all EA did make the fifa franchise
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6696|Adelaide, Australia
In Postal 2 you could kick grenades around.
NZDeathBoy
Yeah all the medal of honnor games have the kicking of nades.

Yeah jumping on nades would be cool, you die and save your team. Or team mates sorry. But if you couldn't get revived you should get some extra points for saving others lives. Team points. Like 3 or something insane. As your sacrafising for others (soz about the spelling)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

Day of Defeat, (CS/HL mod,) allowed you to pick up active grenades and throw them back. You never had enough time though and just felt like a complete dumbarse as the grenade exploded in you hand.

Kicking would be okay though, but honestly at the rare times a grenade is thrown at you within kicking distance and you know it's there if you ACTUALLY in the right frame of mind to remember that you can kick it, the chances are pretty low that you'll survive anyway.

However, if you want to be a hero, you CAN dive on grenades. I was in a two man squad and an enemy genade was thrown at my feet. For some reason I hit prone and I was blown really high into the air. My squad leader who was right next to me only got minor wounds and took out the grenade-thrower. I don't think that was the intention of the programmers, but it worked.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-04-22 01:14:10)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
juzzam
+1|6703
Or you should be able to pick the nade up and just run at the enemy in a suicide bombing
Indy0
+1|6598
all these ideas are good, whether it be throwing the grenade away or kicking it away or even sacrifcing yourself and covering the grenade with your body to save your team. but what about throwing the grenade in the air and smacking it with your m16??? homerun derby bf2 style!

ea needs to make changes...
NZDeathBoy
LOL after you mentioned hitting the nade away with your m16.

I just thought of something else. A little off topic but its still an impovement...
You should be able to bash people over the back of the head with the butt of your weapon. It could be like a knife or paddles kill. HAHA
hilltop2bit
+9|6594|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!
Leave it as it iz too much extra wk to completely change with physics and dymanics of the game but great ideas.......especally being able to grab grenades just thrown at u and thow them away?

U watch all the big war movies eg: saving private ryan etc and they all do this in the movies..

PS i would never encourage any player to jump on to a live grenade......
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Here ya go...

Option 1:
<kit pickup> + <grenade button> + <fire> = grenade lobbed back; must do this before timer runs out, and highly unlikely; won't protect squadmates if it explodes

Option 2:
<prone> on top of grenade to muffle explosion. Dampens entire squad fraggage from stray yogurt cups.

These two features would be interesting. Be funny to hear an automatic suicidal GRENADE shout from a guy diving on top of one.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

You wanna bet if proning on the grenade to 'save' your teammates carried points every other point fag will be doing that at hotel in Fagland?

And if it DIDN'T carry points, NO one would do it except in clan matches?

There you go.
Puppy
+11|6679
the jumpin on a nade thing would be awesome and u should get 2 points for every1 in the grenades original radius
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6761|Malaga, España
kicking grenades lol..

funny thought. FIFA :BF2
First Sarge F.=US=
+5|6595|Charlotte N.C.

Prodie wrote:

That would be pretty cool if you could jump on a grenade, seriously deflating the blast radius. They could make it so if you did that, you'd get "Killed" and a medic couldn't revive you, but at the same time you might save 2 or 3 badly injured teammates, so it would be worth the death.
and get some amount of teampoints
lord_tyler_486
+54|6770|Upper Franconia
I managed to bounce a grenade off by shooting at it one time lol.

Couldn't reproduce it
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6708|The Netherlands
Boy oh boy do I hope I don't kick it towards a bunch of teammembers ;-) A squad full of enemies though... And if you do so, kick it back to a squad of enemies, would that guy who threw the granade to you get all the teamkills? That would kinda suck...
RAS_ace10
+12|6770

juzzam wrote:

Or you should be able to pick the nade up and just run at the enemy in a suicide bombing
or what if you could just pull all the pins from all ur own nades nd thn run in!!!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

Or what if you could stick C4 on your own sorry ass!
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6761|Malaga, España

polarbearz wrote:

Or what if you could stick C4 on your own sorry ass!
can i press the button then?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard